Is there anything like iPhone's voice texting in Android?

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Verizon Messenges View attachment 151981

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

LOL i downloaded this app and it seemed so outdated for modern texting to me...I use Chomp SMS and it works fine...once in a while have MMS issues, but not that bad...

as for audio to audio, yeah both parties should have similar apps...I hope Google makes it in such a way where we can send audio clips to any 1...Bloody Apple wouldn't do it cuz it just cares for it's own users!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I know! I just used it on my last business trip from my flights. That and the free year of Gogo WiFi from the Tab S, and the flights weren't as boring :) And friends were impressed I was texting them from the plane hehe

Why is that only T-mobile has WIFI calling feature on it's phone, the other carriers don't?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
LOL i downloaded this app and it seemed so outdated for modern texting to me...I use Chomp SMS and it works fine...once in a while have MMS issues, but not that bad...

as for audio to audio, yeah both parties should have similar apps...I hope Google makes it in such a way where we can send audio clips to any 1...Bloody Apple wouldn't do it cuz it just cares for it's own users!

I'm very curious why you think it is outdated. With the ability to change the background as well as just about everything else in the way it looks, I'm not sure what part seems outdated.

I took a look at Chomp sms and didn't see anything that different. I may have to download it and give it a try. Will it allow for texting from my desktop or laptop like Verizon Messenger? I also have a wifi only note 10.1, will it work with that as well? I also get a "sent" and "delivered" notification, will Chomp give me these? It also has a pop up window to read and respond to incoming messages, I'm thinking that's fairly common on most sms apps these days.

It also sends audio without the receiving party needing a similar app.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I thought other carriers did have WiFi Calling... I'm not sure though. But T-Mo has a deal with Gogo and you can do SMS/MMS for free on their flights with WiFi-calling enabled devices.

PaulaO

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I have WiFi calling with Sprint. I love it. Since I have such lousy reception here in the mountains, I can use my wifi to get and send texts and calls. I've not tried it away from home because I usually have great reception everywhere but the house. Figures, don't it?

T-Mobile makes their commercials sound as if they are the only one.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm very curious why you think it is outdated. With the ability to change the background as well as just about everything else in the way it looks, I'm not sure what part seems outdated.

I took a look at Chomp sms and didn't see anything that different. I may have to download it and give it a try. Will it allow for texting from my desktop or laptop like Verizon Messenger? I also have a wifi only note 10.1, will it work with that as well? I also get a "sent" and "delivered" notification, will Chomp give me these? It also has a pop up window to read and respond to incoming messages, I'm thinking that's fairly common on most sms apps these days.

Does the person on the other end have be a verizon subscriber for all these features to work? I tested the audio clips by sending it an iphone and yes that works..But that iphone is on verizon.

If this works across all the carriers, then yes this is a GO!

Androidprodigy

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Textra... simple interface, with the voice option readily available.

717efcf0c1110f905ae963875b1b98e2.jpg

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

Screenshot_2014-12-03-21-10-00.jpg

I don't know what kind of background you have, but this is what I have with Chomp SMS...And i can't get anywhere close to this with Verizon messaging app!

Jason

May 20, 2013
Visit site
As in Hangouts you talking about? is it only hangouts to Hangouts or to any one?
No It's a separate messaging app from Google.. I been using it lately and I'm starting to really like it.. I'm not sure if it's the same app as stock Android but it looks like it would be

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
No It's a separate messaging app from Google.. I been using it lately and I'm starting to really like it.. I'm not sure if it's the same app as stock Android but it looks like it would be

Is it on the play store? post a link to the play store !

Tater Tots

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
o-DOWNLOAD-IOS-8-570.jpg

Do you mean this? I honestly don't know why you would want to use it. Imagine redoing a voice message any other people being like what the hell is his problem. You'll simply look like a weirdo. I see it as a feature that only people who didn't grow up with a keyboard would most likely use or simply just another gimmick. I never even use voice to text but even that is more useful in my honest opinion.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
To the OP, why not just make a voice recording using the Voice recording app, then share it via any way you want? If you don't use it all the time, this seems the easiest way.

Edit, in the Samsung messaging app you can hit the paperclip to attach a file, and the recording option is already there. Probably sends it as an mms so it can go to anyone.
Posted via the Android Central App

Jason

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Not impressed by it my friend...tried it, when i get the message, my phone screen doesn't even wake up..It's way to old school for me now, but the settings menu do seem similar to default (stock) cyanogenmod messaging app I had back on my S2.
Well that's the beauty of Android! Don't like something? Change it!

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 152194

I don't know what kind of background you have, but this is what I have with Chomp SMS...And i can't get anywhere close to this with Verizon messaging app!

Yes, I could make it look like that. You can use any background you want. Also change the style of the bubbles or not even use bubbles. Group messages can have about 15/20 colors. Different for each participant, and you can set the color for each.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millionmiles