Note 4, VZW.

I am the Google apps admin, (small biz) and after setting the fingerprint lock screen I get the notification for Password Strength Not Sufficient from Google Device Policy and no way to get rid of the notification. If I have no lock screen password or turn off the fingerprint lock, I don't get this error.

I have looked through the admin console on my Google apps and looked in Device Management and also Security and can find nothing that I see can keep from causing this error as far as password strength or anything obvious that would cause it?

Ideas? It only does it on fingerprint that I know of so far...
    12-02-2014 09:08 PM
    Are you using a strong password, or are you using something like 123?
    12-04-2014 02:42 AM
    same issue just turned on fingerprint lock.. anyone?
    12-18-2014 10:27 PM
    Note 4, VZW.

I am the Google apps admin, (small biz) and after setting the fingerprint lock screen I get the notification for Password Strength Not Sufficient from Google Device Policy and no way to get rid of the notification. If I have no lock screen password or turn off the fingerprint lock, I don't get this error.

I have looked through the admin console on my Google apps and looked in Device Management and also Security and can find nothing that I see can keep from causing this error as far as password strength or anything obvious that would cause it?

Ideas? It only does it on fingerprint that I know of so far...
    Does no one else have this issue? Annoying as heck - if I can't get rid of it I may as well disable fingerprint unlock which is unfortunate because it actually works pretty nicely.
    12-22-2014 09:09 PM
    Password requires at least ONE number, but it won't let you create a password without one...so not sure what the issue could be.
    12-22-2014 11:33 PM
    I'm right there with you. Showed up on an S5 the other day and now it is on my new Note 4.
    I'm the admin and I have NO enforced password settings on the organizational group I'm in.
    No requirement to set a password.
    No requirement for password strength.

Anybody have any ideas on this?
    12-24-2014 05:02 PM
    My S5 started doing this yesterday. Still unable to find a resolution.

Password is complex and used as the alternative password, disabling the finger scanner removes the notification however, enabling it again, causes the problem to come back. Very irritating.
    12-27-2014 01:25 AM
    +1 Having the same issue. Fingerprint scan should be even more secure than a PIN or password, so it doesn't make sense. But I'm also not enforcing this policy, so why am I getting this error?
    03-09-2015 09:51 AM
    Our sysadmin for MobileIron explained a couple of months ago why fingerprint can't be accepted by MobileIron - maybe this applies to Google Apps as well.

None, Face, Pattern, PIN, password are Android-standard security levels. Unlocking by patterned taps, fingerprint, NFC, Skip, etc are all vendor-specific security levels and, therefore, vary from Android implementation to Android implementation. So unless the vendors of security software start writing in...

"IF [IMEI] STARTS WITH [something that looks like Galaxy Note 4] THEN allow [Galaxy Note 4's fingerprint security feature setting]
    ELSE IF [IMEI] STARTS WITH [something that looks like Galaxy S5] THEN allow [Galaxy S5 fingerprint]
    ELSE IF [IMEI] STARTS WITH [something that looks like Moto X] THEN ALLOW [Skip]..."

...and so on and so forth for a few hundred lines that will change every single time a new vendor comes out with a new unlock method, you just ain't gonna get anything but "allow none, allow face recognition, allow swipe, allow PIN, allow password".

Android needs to be updated to have a standard and more comprehensive list that includes "newer" unlock technologies.
    03-09-2015 10:04 AM
    We have the same issue here at work. I believe that Samsung can fix this also and say that fingerprints are a level three security just like pins. Right now fingerprints are level 2

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-09-2015 10:32 AM
    Same deal here. Just got the Note 4 and my backup pw is 8 characters with upper and lower case and numbers. I guess you can never be sure miscreants didn't cut off my thumbs just to be able to get into the admin console and force all the Chromebooks in my school district to do SBAC testing. Of course, getting on my phone wouldn't get them into the console, but..... nope, I got nothing.

While I don't mean to contradict getdez higher up the page, I don't think the Note 4's reader is good enough to justify the indignity of another icon on the bar. I've found myself compromising on this phone a lot for pretty stupid things so far. I bought it largely on the appeal of being able to save action memos as widgets only to find that feature only works in the TW launcher....and I am NOT using Touchwiz. Grrrrr.
    05-31-2015 02:06 AM
    I'm not so sure this is a Samsung issue, but maybe an issue with some of the things you have instaled.

My backup password is one uppercase on lower case and 4 numbers. Zero problems for me.
    05-31-2015 11:17 AM
    One of the improvements to the phone is the Lollipop update and the fingerprint unlock option. I never had a real problem under Kitkat, but LP solved any of the few problems (mostly swiping) I experienced. It sounds like the problem may be with your password. I'm not sure, but maybe you should go into Settings and turn off fingerprint, restart (or remove your battery), then turn it back on (with a strong password). If you haven't already solved the problem, try it and see.
    05-31-2015 01:52 PM