Galaxy Note 4: Which video editor can save in HD?

jnow007

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I tried 2 editors from the Google Play store and they are both so crappy; I merged 2 HD files shot in 1080 and it saved to some horrible 7 MB file... What is a good movie editor for Note that actually works?

bpeter

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Two reasons for my chiming-in: (1) I’m also interested in editing videos I have shot and would really appreciate the groups input on those editors that they have tried/ and actually work. (2) The second reason for my reply is just to let you know you are not alone – many “views” will equal some sort of response.

Have a good one.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
You have to download it from the Galaxy app store, not the play store.

This is the Galaxy app store icon and the video editor icon. You need to be on a. WiFi connection to download it.

6e4d927716e6de7cfade01810c771941.jpg

338b1ff6ccdae25156dbb9ce99ba66eb.jpg

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I have had no issues with using it. But the most I've ever done is edited the begin/end of a couple of videos, maybe added some music to it.

I'm not anywhere near a "power user" of video editing.

But for what I am doing, it works great.

jnow007

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok the video editor that works for me is the one that is built into the camera. Wasn't aware it came with an editor.. it can trim clips and join files and yes saves them in HD to your "My Files" folder... You access it from the camera gallery.. go to the video you want to edit, click the three dots at the top and go to "studio".. trim vids in "video trimmer"... merge in :video clip studio"... It makes you download some files but it does save it in hd.... Not as good as imovie but 100x better than the two crappy ones i got from the Play store.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok the video editor that works for me is the one that is built into the camera. Wasn't aware it came with an editor.. it can trim clips and join files and yes saves them in HD to your "My Files" folder... You access it from the camera gallery.. go to the video you want to edit, click the three dots at the top and go to "studio".. trim vids in "video trimmer"... merge in :video clip studio"... It makes you download some files but it does save it in hd.... Not as good as imovie but 100x better than the two crappy ones i got from the Play store.
Nice. Thanks. I hadn't realized there was a trimmer built in.

jnow007

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what were the two editors that you tried from the Play store?

Acro Media study.. the one in the picture mentioned in post 6... under "Video Editor"... it was terrible

The built in editor is pretty good; you can do anything; trim, cut, save in HD, add in music..

jnow007

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Filmed my work out tonight on my Note 4 (using the front facing camera so I can get myself in the frame) and trimmed/edited using just the Samsung stock editor...

It does everything.. Takes longer than imovie which lets you just swipe. Trimmer is a bit annoying but it does work. You can also access it by clicking the "scissors" button in "gallery"... Also lets you add text on the video. Not sure if it will let you speed up video. Will have to try to play it with more.

Filmed and edited with Note 4 (Front facing camera so lower quality)

http://youtu.be/KSDnoQbUCm4?list=UUQHuDtci_OuUixuCMOVK_6g

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Filmed my work out tonight on my Note 4 (using the front facing camera so I can get myself in the frame) and trimmed/edited using just the Samsung stock editor...

It does everything.. Takes longer than imovie which lets you just swipe. Trimmer is a bit annoying but it does work. You can also access it by clicking the "scissors" button in "gallery"... Also lets you add text on the video. Not sure if it will let you speed up video. Will have to try to play it with more.

Filmed and edited with Note 4 (Front facing camera so lower quality)

http://youtu.be/KSDnoQbUCm4?list=UUQHuDtci_OuUixuCMOVK_6g

Remind me to never...EVER...tick you off.....:)

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
That Samsung Editor isn't too bad. It does the basics, and that's all I really need. I like to do a holiday movie of the kids for my wife each year. I may attempt to do the whole thing on my Note this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34