How long should the Note 4 quick charging time take?

KBlack2595

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
note 4 charging time with quick charge off

just wornding how long it takes to charge with fast charging off are we talking 2 hours or more?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: note 4 charging time with quick charge off

just wornding how long it takes to charge with fast charging off are we talking 2 hours or more?

Depends on the remaining charge in the battery. Why would you turn off the Fast Charge setting? To use another charger? I turn my phone off when I turn in for the night and plug it in while I'm getting ready for work. It's fully charged when I'm ready to leave.

Cavboygt

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

I really need an info on this topic.

I thought it depend on the voltage and amps for example i got rav power charger in 5v1a takes atleast 2 to 3hrs. But in my 5v2.1a take atleast 1hr.

Android Central App Strong Note 4

Nobbb

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

I actually tested and timed mine as I was curious.

From 2% to 100%, it took me around 1 hour and 20 minutes. However, the first 30 minutes really charged 50% but then it somehow slowed down.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

I really need an info on this topic.

I thought it depend on the voltage and amps for example i got rav power charger in 5v1a takes atleast 2 to 3hrs. But in my 5v2.1a take atleast 1hr.

The Note 4 has software that supports faster charging of the battery, but it requires a charger unit that also works with the software.

As far as the volts/amps thing.

Think of volts as water pressure and amps as the water flow rate/speed.

Generally speaking, the more amps you have, the faster your battery will charge. But it will need a certain level of volts to maintain constant amperage.

Most regular chargers are rated somewhere between 1A-2A at 5V.

Cavboygt

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

My wife use iphone 5 lightning charger, which i can use on my note 4. Which one will charge faster?

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

My wife use iphone 5 lightning charger, which i can use on my note 4. Which one will charge faster?

You can't use an iPhone cord with a Note or any samsung. Totally different cord. Use your stock cord and wall unit don't use the iPhones because even if it does work (the wall unit because again the cord WILL NOT) it'll be slower.

Cavboygt

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
You can't use an iPhone cord with a Note or any samsung. Totally different cord. Use your stock cord and wall unit don't use the iPhones because even if it does work (the wall unit because again the cord WILL NOT) it'll be slower.

Sorry im talking about the usb charger approved by apple both car and wall charger.
My charger for note 4 still in the box im use to using the iphone charger.

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
If you are using an iPhone charger for a lightening phone, it only charges at 1amp I believe.
The Note4 can take 2amp from regular charger at 5v. So using another non lightening iPhone charger would be better. They charge at 2.1 amp.
The fast charge uses 9v and 1.6 amps I think.
Good Luck!
Ron

Last edited:

Chad Barker

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Quick charge + the 9v samsung quick charge adapter will pull down 3000 ma with screen off. Once past 50 percent it drops down to 1800 / 1900 ma.
With screen off on good 2 amp or 2.1 amp (5v) charger I'm seeing 1800 ma roughly. (Touchpad Charger)
In all instances draw is significantly less when screen is on.

biggunspaul

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

I'm confused to what the op is asking as in the title it says how long does quick charging take but then he says how long does it take to charge with it off ?

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The Note 4 has software that supports faster charging of the battery, but it requires a charger unit that also works with the software.

As far as the volts/amps thing.

Think of volts as water pressure and amps as the water flow rate/speed.

Generally speaking, the more amps you have, the faster your battery will charge. But it will need a certain level of volts to maintain constant amperage.

Most regular chargers are rated somewhere between 1A-2A at 5V.

What you want to compare is power.

Power = voltage x current

15w = 9v x 1.67a
10w = 5v x 2a

So 0.1a @ 460v >2a @ 5v.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
If you are using an iPhone charger for a lightening phone, it only charges at 1amp I believe.
The Note4 can take 2amp from regular charger at 5v. So using another non lightening iPhone charger would be better. They charge at 2.1 amp.
The fast charge uses 9v and 1.6 amps I think.
Good Luck!
Ron

Lightning adapters allow up to 12W power, so a 5v charger will usually provide approx 2A for iphone chargers.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
iPad ones do .. not the ones that come with phones (those are 5W).

Correct, but the adapters themselves are still capable of 12W, whether or not they are paired with a charger that is rated that high is another thing.

I should have made that more clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463