I have. Here's a screenshot.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone else get a T-Mobile Update notification?-screenshot_2014-12-03-08-13-14.jpg  
    12-03-2014 11:11 AM

I'm puzzled. You show a TMO update in your notifications, but the bottom of the screen shows an AT&T nomenclature. Does your phone have a TMO SIM or an AT&T SIM? I'm on TMO and haven't received this notification. But I think there was an update for AT&T. But, if you're on AT&T, there wouldn't have been a TMO update. I'm so confused.
    12-03-2014 11:22 AM

If you're on AT&T, there's a post about an update. Just scroll down several posts below yours for information.
    12-03-2014 11:36 AM
    I'm puzzled. You show a TMO update in your notifications, but the bottom of the screen shows an AT&T nomenclature. Does your phone have a TMO SIM or an AT&T SIM? I'm on TMO and haven't received this notification. But I think there was an update for AT&T. But, if you're on AT&T, there wouldn't have been a TMO update. I'm so confused.
    LOL, I thought that might catch someone's eye. I use a T-Mobile Note 4 on at&t that's why it shows that. The update is from T-Mobile though.

12-03-2014 11:51 AM
    LOL, I thought that might catch someone's eye. I use a T-Mobile Note 4 on at&t that's why it shows that. The update is from T-Mobile though.

Hmm. I haven't seen a TMO update for my N4 yet. My confusion is why you're getting a TMO update message when you have an AT&T SIM in your phone. You shouldn't be getting any messages from TMO. Only thing I can say is go ahead and update and hope it doesn't do something you don't want. It may not download the TMO update without the TMO SIM.
    12-03-2014 12:01 PM
    Be sure to disable DT Ignite after the update!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    12-03-2014 12:19 PM
    Hmm. I haven't seen a TMO update for my N4 yet. My confusion is why you're getting a TMO update message when you have an AT&T SIM in your phone. You shouldn't be getting any messages from TMO. Only thing I can say is go ahead and update and hope it doesn't do something you don't want. It may not download the TMO update without the TMO SIM.
    The message came thru when I was on wifi. I had heard that T-Mobile phones updated this way regardless of the SIM. Maybe I should check with the xda thread that talks about at&t users with a TMO Note 4.

12-03-2014 01:29 PM
    The T-Mobile update came out on Day 1 -- So he may have not received that first one.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    12-03-2014 02:15 PM
    Be sure to disable DT Ignite after the update!
    What is DT Ignite and how/why would I disable it ? Thanks!
    12-03-2014 02:20 PM
    I just checked for updates manually on my T-Mo Note 4, and I it immediately started pulling it down 128.37 megs
    12-03-2014 03:34 PM
    The T-Mobile update came out on Day 1 -- So he may have not received that first one.
    Do you know what size that update was? You may be right because I don't remember getting an update when I got it.

12-03-2014 04:43 PM
    I just checked for updates manually on my T-Mo Note 4, and I it immediately started pulling it down 128.37 megs
    What's the baseband version? I haven't seen anything after checking manually.

12-03-2014 05:11 PM
    What is DT Ignite and how/why would I disable it ? Thanks!
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=4094589

Read more here:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/galaxynote4/...ote_4_via_the/

I checked on my device and I did indeed have these apps. My lookout security monitor also showed that they were safe!! I don't buy that for a second. What's going on??

12-03-2014 07:41 PM
    This app is up & running! It checks to see if DT Ignite is on your device and gives you the choice to disable it if it is. It also checks periodically to make sure it stays diabled.

The app is free with no crazy permissions!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dwarepreventer

12-08-2014 12:51 PM
    DT Ignite was installed in this update, though I did not have it before. Where do you all recommend to T-Mobile or Samsung to stop installing this intrusive program?

[edited, added the following]
    ... I just checked for the other apps that some have said DT Ignited would install;Cookie Jam, Drippler, and RetailMeNot, but none of them were installed (yet). Perhaps the software DT Ignite installs will vary from time-to-time, depending on who pays T-Mobile to get their software on people's phones? Is that the real purpose of the software?

-Joe
    12-09-2014 01:22 AM