Hi all

I have square trade on a number if other electronics and have always had great experiences when filing a claim. Anyone else using anything different? I see Samsung now has their own service for about the same price but is not open to business accounts which won't work for me. Too bad Samsung just sends out replacement phones instead of mailing yours in for repair. Anyway, does anyone have any other recommendations they can make for aftermarket warrantees?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-03-2014 02:19 PM
    I once had to file a claim with Asurion for a lost phone. They just mailed me a new one after I gave them a credit card number for the copay. The only other warranties I've had to use were Best Buy and AT&T, which wouldn't be of any use to you.
    12-03-2014 02:43 PM
    I once had to file a claim with Asurion for a lost phone. They just mailed me a new one after I gave them a credit card number for the copay. The only other warranties I've had to use were Best Buy and AT&T, which wouldn't be of any use to you.
    Does Asurion senf out new or refurbished phones?

12-04-2014 06:04 AM

From what I recall in the past they can do either or. It's at their discretion. Personally I would say that you are more than likely probably going to get a refurbished unit.

12-04-2014 06:55 AM

We use both new and certified like new devices. While we can request a new device, it is not guaranteed and based on availability.
    12-05-2014 05:40 PM
    I would love to deal with Asurion direct instead of having to go through the carrier. Why not cut out the middle man Asurion and deal direct with us?
    12-05-2014 06:19 PM
    I would love to deal with Asurion direct instead of having to go through the carrier. Why not cut out the middle man Asurion and deal direct with us?
    Probably because of carrier billing

Also it is hard to have a loss and theft coverage without going through the carrier

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    12-05-2014 06:22 PM
    Mispost! Sorry.
    12-09-2014 06:09 PM