04-06-2017 10:29 AM
233 ... 8910
tools
    Man, you turn off cellular and this things goes for days and days, getting email, alerts, etc..
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4: Battery Life Concerns Check Here First-note-4-no-cellular.jpg  
    07-18-2016 12:55 PM
    I get about 18 hours on the power-save setting. I also use black backgrounds, because it means AMOLED elements aren't turned on, unlike LCDs, which only block the backlight, which remains on.
    huntnyc likes this.
    09-03-2016 02:14 PM
    Does anybody here have experience with the Note 5 and the note 4? I recently got a note 5 from Amazon and though it's a great phone I have to charge That Thing 2 or 3 times a day and that is very unusual. I was curious how they Note 4 battery life compared especially for heavy users
    01-09-2017 03:04 PM
    Rukbat, thank you. I am currently using stock email and there is no option of 'push' I had looked for it prior. I also use a Gmail account (have not checked that one) I did try to condition the battery as you stated. Screen shots attached. Thank you to you both for trying to help.
    How did you get to the sync schedule screen in gmail?
    02-06-2017 07:12 PM
    A bit different take on battery life problem. A couple weeks ago my Note 4 got very warm and the battery discharged over half it's charge in less than an hour.

A couple hours ago it did it again.

No new apps. Until these events I typically got 8-12 hours battery life.

Battery end of useful life? Phone dying? ????
    03-14-2017 03:21 AM
    A bit different take on battery life problem. A couple weeks ago my Note 4 got very warm and the battery discharged over half it's charge in less than an hour.

A couple hours ago it did it again.

No new apps. Until these events I typically got 8-12 hours battery life.

Battery end of useful life? Phone dying? ????
    There are a couple of possibilities. The recent security updates for firmware (monthly now for past two or three months) for the Galaxy Note 4 caused massive heating and (+200 degrees F !) and required a battery pull for it to cool down and a wipe cache partition to fix the problem. The other problem could be fake Samsung batteries. Anything less than $30 for a Samsung Note 4 battery is a fake. They have run out at the samsung.com store.
    04-05-2017 10:00 PM
    Does anybody here have experience with the Note 5 and the note 4? I recently got a note 5 from Amazon and though it's a great phone I have to charge That Thing 2 or 3 times a day and that is very unusual. I was curious how they Note 4 battery life compared especially for heavy users
    Welcome to life with a sealed nonreplaceable battery. I would make sure you are using the power saving option and check how often certain apps (email, social media) are synching data in the background. They will kill your battery. With genuine Samsung batteries I can still go at least a solid 8 hours on a battery on my Galaxy Note 4. Not to rub it in I can also swap in a fresh battery in seconds if neccessary. As a Note 4 nerd, I have a small pile of extra batteries with me at all times.
    huntnyc and anon(634141) like this.
    04-05-2017 10:08 PM
    Hi
    I keep suffering with sudden battery drain as per pic. Not got a clue what causes it so any help would be gratefully received! Frequently from anywhere between 40 and 60% - instant shut down and when phone is plugged back in to charge - it shows 0% battery and recharges as normal if not slightly quicker!
    Galaxy Note 4: Battery Life Concerns Check Here First-screenshot_2017-04-06-15-16-07.jpg
    Steve
    04-06-2017 10:29 AM
233 ... 8910