04-06-2017 09:29 AM
233 ... 78910
tools
    What do you guys reckon is keeping my phone awake? I know this is pretty good battery life but just out of curiosity I wanted to know. I have location off and always toggle wifi and data off and on when needed. These scree ****s were taken with a SOT of about 4hrs. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4: Battery Life Concerns Check Here First-1438264531382.jpg   Galaxy Note 4: Battery Life Concerns Check Here First-1438264547251.jpg  
    Whorizon2112 likes this.
    07-30-2015 08:56 AM
    What do you guys reckon is keeping my phone awake? I know this is pretty good battery life but just out of curiosity I wanted to know. I have location off and always toggle wifi and data off and on when needed. These scree ****s were taken with a SOT of about 4hrs. Thanks
    Man, I'd be really happy with that awake time compared to mine. :/ lol. But I manage 4-5hrs SoT, so I guess it doesn't really matter...

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-30-2015 09:14 AM
    Man, I'd be really happy with that awake time compared to mine. :/ lol. But I manage 4-5hrs SoT, so I guess it doesn't really matter...

Posted via the Android Central App
    Yeah not too bad. I haven't got any more then 5.5hrs of screen on time but that is pretty impressive since the note 4 has a qhd display. It's still impressive what samsung can pack into these phones.
    07-30-2015 06:11 PM
    ^ Check your synchronization settings!
    08-12-2015 12:18 AM
    ^Settings > your Gmail address > deactivate synchronization (from then on you need to synchronize manually by swiping down from the top downwards).
    08-12-2015 02:04 AM
    ^Saves you indeed a lot of battery, but that's not what I meant. If you do it your way, you stop the synchronization completely. I'd prefer to just deactivate the synchronization of Gmail itself.
    08-12-2015 04:38 AM
    U can forslce stop the app or if u dnt use it that frequently, then u can even disable it.........

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk
    08-12-2015 04:39 AM
    Hi there guys, first time posting here, but I've got some concerns in regards to my newly acquired Note 4, the device itself actually came with Lollipop 5.0.1, I love it as it was an upgrade from my HTC One M7 which was basically dead. This phone is great, but the battery life has been concerning me a while, whilst I'm using it, the battery life goes down as I'd expect, however when I'm asleep for 7-8 hours, I'm actually seeing drops of 20-30%! I had a 28% drop last night and I have no idea how or why, my girlfriends S4 has a better battery life. I've got the screenshots here and was hoping that you guys could help me, because I think I'm struggling to see beyond an hour of screen on time and that's only with using the usual media apps like facebook, twitter etc whilst I'm out and about. PS. I'm on EE in the UK if that matters at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4: Battery Life Concerns Check Here First-screenshot_2015-09-15-10-59-45.jpg   Galaxy Note 4: Battery Life Concerns Check Here First-screenshot_2015-09-15-08-13-01.jpg   Galaxy Note 4: Battery Life Concerns Check Here First-screenshot_2015-09-15-10-59-55.jpg   Galaxy Note 4: Battery Life Concerns Check Here First-screenshot_2015-09-15-11-00-28.jpg   Galaxy Note 4: Battery Life Concerns Check Here First-screenshot_2015-09-15-11-00-44.jpg  

Galaxy Note 4: Battery Life Concerns Check Here First-screenshot_2015-09-15-11-02-26.jpg  
    09-15-2015 05:12 AM
    Samsung Note 4

Even though I turn off wifi, in the battery usage section, it shows the wifi is turned on the whole time of the battery cycle. The only time it goes off is when I change to airplane mode.

I can not figure out why it wont turn off for longer battery life.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

for extra clarification. When I do toggle off wifi, I cant not use it. Its just shows up in the battery usage section so I assume its eating battery life.
    red_devil_fan_1999 likes this.
    09-16-2015 08:53 AM
    I started this but have been gone for a long time. Back now to ask a question... I like GSam Battery Monitor but the other day I noticed it was using more juice than anything else...62% of my power was going to Apps and 26% of that was going to GSam. I uninstalled and now battery is noticeably better. Waiting for George the Dev to respond. Doesn't make it less than a great app but maybe one you should only use when you need it.
    09-16-2015 12:36 PM
    I have changes alot of batteriea, extendes ones , normal ones etc.. Does this affect battery life? Im having a not so good battery life at the moment.. Only 3-4 SOT in one day. I used to get 6.. Updated to 5.1.1 yestersay through OTA
    09-16-2015 01:48 PM
    anyone have any other suggestions, Im still clueless on how to fix it although I have tried to search for a solution.
    09-19-2015 10:01 AM
    Only got my Note 4 yesterday so plugged it in and it was at 64% battery out of the box, plugged it in and started the whole setup and sync. from market with apps and google, despite phone running at full whack downloading it still charged to 100% in an hour maybe a bit less even.
    Unplugged it and between surfing and general playing around I had nearly 5 hours of On Screen Time and 50% battery left ( ok 1 hour of that would be while the phone was plugged in I imagine )
    Pretty impressive I think given it was just out of the box and after first charge
    12-02-2015 01:29 AM
    Samsung Note 4

Even though I turn off wifi, in the battery usage section, it shows the wifi is turned on the whole time of the battery cycle. The only time it goes off is when I change to airplane mode.

for extra clarification. When I do toggle off wifi, I cant not use it. Its just shows up in the battery usage section so I assume its eating battery life.
    I have this EXACT problem. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    12-08-2015 07:10 PM
    Some people post here that their battery is shot after 6 months. How you treat them does make a difference.
    Been trying to convince people of this for YEARS.
    01-03-2016 06:41 PM
    I have this EXACT problem. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    So for both of you, I have some suggestions. 1st, if you haven't read the other pages in this thread, do so. 2nd, start with a cache wipe. power off. Hold Volume Up and Home and press Power button. Hold all until blue writing appears. Select cache wipe. 3rd if that doesn't work, try a factory reset. Thanks to Samsung putting out updates (And I'm overall glad they did), the cache and file structure on these devices gets JACKED. 3rd) If you are absolutely adamant against resetting, try going into the app manager and disabling EVERYTHING that can be disabled. START WITH FACEBOOK if you have it on your phone. it is a power HOG. I finally had to uninstall. My battery life INSTANTLY jumped to 20% better. SERIOUSLY. Try it.

Finally, note that the "battery usage screen" I have yet to determine when that resets. Is ti 24 hours? Is it a week? Is it since last power on? I can't quite narrow it down. That said, it DOES calculate the usage based on TOTAL PERCENTAGE used and not "what percentage the device is USING." It's historical data, not real time. that took me a while to figure out. Hence, turning off "X" app or wi-fi or whatever doesn't make an instant change. Hope this helps. Good luck.
    red_devil_fan_1999 likes this.
    01-03-2016 06:49 PM
    Also, when I reset my phone, I go through and turn off EVERY app that I don't use (bloat), and go through EVERY settings page and turn off every setting I don't use. Every one. And there are a LOT. It's a solid couple hours of initial setup, but pays dividends down the road. Full disclosure, with Google Now running, Wi-fi on, location on, and screen on wide-open (but set to auto)- with moderate usage I get between 1.5 and 2 days usage. Heavy usage easily 1 full day. And that's 24 hours, not "8am to 10pm."
    01-03-2016 06:53 PM
    Once my battery hits 20%, the phone can power down at any instant. It happens from different percentages, but seems like when it hits 20% its time to watch out for an immediate shutdown. I've seen it drop from 15% to 1% almost instantly. Any ideas here? Bad battery? Need to factory reset (really trying to avoid)
    Doesn't last 8 hrs anymore. I've cleared the cache a lot. Doesn't improve anything. Top hitters are Android OS 13%, Android System 10%, Google Services 6%, FBook 6%, Screen 5%, Cell standby 4%, CoC 4%.
    01-04-2016 05:12 PM
    Thank you, I wasn't typing in the right search items (not my forte)
    01-06-2016 09:59 AM
    Samsung Note 4

Settings, Wifi, Advanced:
    Uncheck 'Always allow scanning'
    01-13-2016 03:13 AM
    I have a 10,000 mAh battery and had those similar issues. One thing i have done is discharge the battery to 5% , charge the phone with the power off all the way to 100%. Use the phone has you would normally the next day, let it drain to 5% again. ( it may drain quickly the second day. ) Repeat this process for two more days. Hopefully this will calibrate the battery and the phone to match. Please post results.
    I have recently started using the zerolemon 10000mah battery & now on day 7 ive let it go between 2 & 5% & charged beyond full 100% & yet my battery % iz still rediculously off! Ive even downloaded calibration apps but most of them requure rooted phones! Did u ever get a normal reading?
    02-05-2016 09:53 AM
    With respect to fast charging, do you usually keep that feature on or off?

Does it have any effect on the charging ? Thanks
    02-11-2016 03:35 AM
    I've had my phone for about a year now. Bought new, direct from AT&T. I've recently started having serious battery drain, even when I'm not using my phone.

Here's a look at what's pulling juice. I have no idea why Yahoo is sucking the life out of my battery because I rarely use it and haven't used the app lately.

I did the cache wipe as recommended at the beginning of this thread with minor improvement. Any other suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4: Battery Life Concerns Check Here First-1455422703792.jpg   Galaxy Note 4: Battery Life Concerns Check Here First-1455422717816.jpg  
    02-13-2016 10:07 PM
    Yahoo recently updated their mail app. When I have apps that go flaky after an update, I uninstall, on/offpower cycle with wipe partition cache. That sometimes fixes things. Otherwise I simply uninstall the app for a while until they fix the app. I check the most recent Google play reviews for clues.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    huntnyc and Brew Swayne like this.
    02-15-2016 10:01 PM
    It's actually the yahoo news app, not the mail app. Regardless, I uninstalled it and battery life has improved significantly.
    02-20-2016 05:21 PM
233 ... 78910