Still no 4k video possible...

demiry

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I tried everything went through different forums but still I can only watch 4k videos wih 720 on my note 4 !

Please help - would be great !!!

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey...because the Note doesn't have a 4k screen! No need to fret, you just don't know what you're talking about...

Posted by my Note 4, or Nexus 9...****, maybe by a Note 2014 ed. or hell...maybe it was this Nexus 4 or 5...oh, snap...there's Nexus 7. okay, I need to clean...

newf1492

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I just side loaded the newest version of YouTube, and it is now giving me the option of 1440p in the quality settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I just side loaded the newest version of YouTube, and it is now giving me the option of 1440p in the quality settings.

Would you please list the steps you took to achieve this? I found this solution on XDA and followed the steps precisely, but I can only get 1440p on the desktop version. Thanks in advance!

newf1492

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
This is not like the xda thing. It's the newest version of YouTube, ver. 6.0.1.
It will be in the playstore eventually. I just didn't feel like waiting. You just need to find a reputable sight with a link to the apk download, download the file and install it, and you should be good to go.

Gcorr003

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Try the note 4 camera mod. Just Google it and you'll find one, it's by a guy called Kevin rockman.

newf1492

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
You might try clearing the cache for YouTube. I got 1440p as soon as I installed the apk. Sorry to hear that it's not consistent.

newf1492

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Did you get the update from the playstore, or did you side load it from one of the links? I downloaded mine from a link that was posted by the Android Police site. Perhaps there's a difference in the apk file.

newf1492

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
That is really weird. I don't understand how I can get 1440p, someone else gets 1080P, and you get 720p,all supposedly off the same apk file. I do know that I'm not going to take any more updates to YouTube, because most likely the 1440p option will disappear.

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
That is really weird. I don't understand how I can get 1440p, someone else gets 1080P, and you get 720p,all supposedly off the same apk file. I do know that I'm not going to take any more updates to YouTube, because most likely the 1440p option will disappear.

Can you post a link to the site where you downloaded the you tube app from?

Hey Hey Hey!

newf1492

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't think they'll let me until I have 10 posts, but if you go to the Android Police site, and look for the story on the new YouTube update, the link will be there at the bottom of the story.

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded the apk from the android police article and still no 1440 option. I give up.

newf1492

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
One more observation, and then I'm going to let this go. My son has an identical note 4, and we're both on t-mobile. I transferred the same apk file that I used to his phone, and installed YouTube from that file. The most he can get is 720p, while I'm still getting 1440p.
I really don't understand why some phones can get 1440p, while others cannot. Maybe someone on this forum who is alot smarter can figure it out, but it has me stumped, so I'll just be grateful for what I have, and let this thread go.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I too have the new YouTube app sideloaded but only get the 720P option. I've cleared cache, even removed the previous updates but still the same. Only 720P. How did you guys manage to get higher resolutions?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk