I'm thinking in rooting my device to let greenify do it's job the right way and to go beyond the 7h of battery life that i'm experiencing.
    But being an android noob i have a question: if a root my note 4, it means that i won't be able to update it with the samsung O.S. updates? for example, when the lollipop update go live, will i be able to update it?
    12-05-2014 08:43 AM
    Hmmm... I've never had a phone that gets the battery life my Note 4 gets since my old Motorola flip phone from the early 2000's.

What do you do in those 7 hours?
    12-05-2014 08:47 AM
    Is there anyway you can post screenshots of your battery stats, please?
    12-05-2014 08:54 AM
    I'm trying to but the tapatalk says that i don't already have 10 posts to allow me posto pictures on the forum. Maybe this post is my tenth...
    12-05-2014 08:58 AM
    Here it goes ...

12-05-2014 08:58 AM
    Since you are very inexperienced, by your own admission, I would suggest that there are a multitude of things you can do to address your battery issues--that do not require root.

It is very, very common for users new to Android to experience battery problems.

The good news is, A) You have a Note 4, which by most accounts in the last 6 weeks since release has probably the best available combination of feature set and battery performance available in a smartphone today; and B) You're here, which means you have a whole community of people who can help you.

Welcome aboard.

AS Golfdriver97 suggested, let's start with the basics. Can you post screenshots for us of your battery stats? These screens would be most helpful right now:

1. The Main Power Saving Screen
    Cons of rooting my device (trying to achieve a viable battery life with Greenify)-csczvfz.jpg

2. The History Details Screen (click on the graph in the middle of the Main Power Saving Screen)
    Cons of rooting my device (trying to achieve a viable battery life with Greenify)-i8pomlw.jpg

3. Download Greenify, and screenshot the main screen with the list of apps it is recommending for hibernation
    Cons of rooting my device (trying to achieve a viable battery life with Greenify)-j0zsg4y.jpg

Once we can see that information, we should be able to give you some suggestions.

I would strongly encourage you not to root your device, at least not yet. Rooting is fun, and it opens up a whole new world for your device, but unless you're one who really enjoys constantly wrenching on your stuff, it can be more of a headache than help.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    12-05-2014 09:07 AM
    Okay, cool, you posted up 2/3 of the screen shots while I was creating my reply. What does Greenify say?

One other thing I forgot, screen shot your phone with the notification panel pulled down, so we can see what your screen brightness is set to.

You have had your screen on for a lot of the time your phone is awake. That will eat battery on any smartphone.
    12-05-2014 09:09 AM
    Okay, cool, you posted up 2/3 of the screen shots while I was creating my reply. What does Greenify say?

One other thing I forgot, screen shot your phone with the notification panel pulled down, so we can see what your screen brightness is set to.

You have had your screen on for a lot of the time your phone is awake. That will eat battery on any smartphone.
    Waw! That was a nice welcoming reception. Thanks!

Here it goes:

12-05-2014 09:32 AM
    I am unfamiliar with Greenify, other than it exists. Your screenshots do indicate that your mobile network signal is rather weak. Even though we are carrying around miniature computers in our pockets, these are still cell phones. And a cell phone will kill itself just to maintain a signal.

Where you spend most of your time, do you seem to have a weak signal?
    12-05-2014 10:34 AM
    Holy moly, no wonder you have battery drain. You've got a TON of apps running processes all the time.
    12-05-2014 11:23 AM
    Holy moly, no wonder you have battery drain. You've got a TON of apps running processes all the time.

Exactly, i greenfied a lot o these apps that insist to stay alive eating resources in background and I activated these options:

But I suspet that my S-Pen case , when closed, is somewhat blocking the greenify auto process.
    That's why i started wondering if the root mode of the greenity would solve this problem.
    12-05-2014 12:36 PM
    No, I do not believe rooting will solve your problem. Setting up your device properly, and not installing/running 400 apps will solve the problem.

If you want to install and run a whole bunch of apps--that is perfectly fine, that is your prerogative. Just understand that the more apps you have, the more code you've got competing for limited resources. That is going to have a direct impact on battery life. Rooting won't help that. And it may actually make it worse.
    12-05-2014 12:43 PM
    I would install gsam battery monitor, let it run a day to see which apps are actually causing the drain. Also, you can kill all those apps background data so they only update in the foreground. Also, what is your screen on time? If it's around 5 hours, there will only be a little you can do as that is the average screen on time for us.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-05-2014 12:50 PM