battery life?!?

lilmama88

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I know there's been a million and one post talking about battery life but seriously I'm starting to think mine may be going to crap.

Just being on my phone for 30 min browsing the Web will take me from 100% down to 86% that's horrible!!

What can I do....?
And for some reason the android system is using 59% or my battery life...wtf?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-05-21-04-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-05-21-04-21.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 425

only foryou

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
its quite normal.. apart from your browsing, note 4 does many tasks behind.... and 2k diplay too is a battery hog.... try to use greenify it might be of any help... never worry about battery when u r using this beast... use all its features and enjoy it... you can repalce ur battery any time with new one unlike other unibody phones.... i keep everything open and i get through the day easily..

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
0ab5dcbe9a3a65f6a6cb0aaa5645e7b3.jpg

Myself lol and I have barely use my phone today

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
How do I turn off all the Google things? I don't use them so they won't be missed.

Go to settings-->app manager-->Google services you don't want-->turn off.

Also, you may want to consider adjusting your screen brightness down to just bright enough that you can read it easily. Also use dark themes for reading forums like this whenever possible.

I keep mine at 10-15% when I am indoors and just reading. If I am watching a video or playing a game I might increase it.

Higher brightness levels will soak up battery.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Why the hell would anyone buy an Android phone if the didn't use Google apps and services...

Posted by my Note 4, or Nexus 9...****, maybe by a Note 2014 ed. or hell...maybe it was this Nexus 4 or 5...oh, snap...there's Nexus 7. okay, I need to clean...

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Everything you need to know is in those other threads. It's why they exist.

I know there's been a million and one post talking about battery life but seriously I'm starting to think mine may be going to crap.

Just being on my phone for 30 min browsing the Web will take me from 100% down to 86% that's horrible!!

What can I do....?
And for some reason the android system is using 59% or my battery life...wtf?

nupicasso

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I would clear the data for Gmail, uninstall any updates its had and reinstall them. Gmail should not be doing that. Also, if you had a software update ota... I suggest a factory reset. You should get 4+ hours of screen on time and well over a day of battery. I've had mine since day one (earlier actually). Bluetooth is on all the time. GPS is off unless I need it. I get awesome battery life. Gotten up to 6 hours screen on time.

Turn off all those Note 4 settings you don't really use...like gesturing and watching for your eyes for screen wake. Those things are drainers and are not worth much.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Why the hell would anyone buy an Android phone if the didn't use Google apps and services...

Posted by my Note 4, or Nexus 9...****, maybe by a Note 2014 ed. or hell...maybe it was this Nexus 4 or 5...oh, snap...there's Nexus 7. okay, I need to clean...
im not talking about the core stuff like maps and email . im talking about stuff like books/music/games/google now/ and further more theres more to android than just google services.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) Android System isn't using 59% of your battery life, it's using 59% of the total amount of battery being used - which could be 1% of your battery life. It's measuring the percentage of the amount used, not the percentage of the amount available.

2) If you turn off Google things, you're pretty much turning off the phone. But Google Services is only using 3.8%. Android System is using 59%, and that runs just about everything else. If this is a new phone, it's going to take about a week for the system to finish setting things up, downloading little patches, etc. Then it should settle down to 10-30%, which is about the norm (depending on what you're doing).

Turn off all the radios you aren't using. (Airplane mode, then turn on only what you need, or turn off everything you don't need - GPS, Bluetooth, wifi, mobile data.)

Get rid of GMail - it's about the worst email program ever written. Try the free ones in Play Store. (I use Email, but K-9 Mail is pretty good - and it does PGP if you like privacy.)

Use Wakelock Detector (read Wakelock with non-rooted KitKat) to find out what's keeping your phone from deep sleep and Greenify to stop it, or just use Greenify to hibernate everything that doesn't have to stay wakeable [alarms, email, texting, etc. - which you want to run when there's a message or the time is up, not when you press the icon).

(Make sure you try to charge the battery when it gets down to 40-50% - constantly draining it all the way could kill it in 6 months. They're not that expensive to replace, but why waste money?)

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Honestly twitter amazon face book all have push notification go through your settings and individually turn them off also NFC Bluetooth if your not using them off urn them off

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Rediculous do u not use apps or watch video or play games

I mainly talk on the phone,text,email,browse the internet,read the forums and schedule appointments use gps at least once a day . I rarely play any games or watch videos. I don't use any 3rd party apps for the things I mentioned.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek