battery life?!?

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes your not a heavy user so that makes sense but for heavy users games certain apps the screens on movies games your asking for horrible battery life!!! Remember energy cannot be lost but transformed all that electrical charge will dissipate sooner when you play games you know the back of your phone gets hot that's the energy being transformed into heat and heat will degrade things further

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes your not a heavy user so that makes sense but for heavy users games certain apps the screens on movies games your asking for horrible battery life!!! Remember energy cannot be lost but transformed all that electrical charge will dissipate sooner when you play games you know the back of your phone gets hot that's the energy being transformed into heat and heat will degrade things further

There is nothing you can do about the screen and CPU using battery when you're playing games or watching videos. You set up the phone to manage the battery resources efficiently to allow you to maximize battery life around the things that you want to use the phone for. If the things you want to use the phone for are battery intensive, that's just the way it goes. Good thing the phone has fast charge capability and the ability to swap out batteries.

cjb44

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not happy with the battery life, but probably because I was spoiled. Before having the Note 4 I had a GS3, but used a zerolemon extended battery. The problem is, going with an extended battery with a Note makes the phone rather large. For now, I'll just keep a portable charger handy, those are good for two or three full charges. I find it easier to charge my phone than replace the battery.

Just doing email, some radio and maybe a 10 minute call every hour costs me about 10% per hour. I've found that batteries never last as long as advertised.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm not happy with the battery life, but probably because I was spoiled. Before having the Note 4 I had a GS3, but used a zerolemon extended battery. The problem is, going with an extended battery with a Note makes the phone rather large. For now, I'll just keep a portable charger handy, those are good for two or three full charges. I find it easier to charge my phone than replace the battery.

Just doing email, some radio and maybe a 10 minute call every hour costs me about 10% per hour. I've found that batteries never last as long as advertised.

Extended battery or not, something is up with your setup. 10% an hour is not the norm for these phones. I've been off charger 4 1/2 hours so far today, with 20% SoT, 17% Android System, 12% Android OS, and still sitting at 85%.

Joe Nunya

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The first few days with the Note 4 I was rather disappointed with battery life, in 2 days I had it on the charger 3X.
One major battery hog was just one app called Accupedo which for some stupid reason will stay on and eat battery 24/7 even though I only need it for about an hour a day so I had to go into app manager and force stop it.
But after stopping that one battery hog app and after a couple weeks now of the newness wearing off and the phone setting down I now usually get about 36 hours of battery.

Right now I am at 53% battery left after almost exactly 24 hours with 3 hours and 48 minutes of screen on time.
So pretty much I get a whole day which is acceptable especially since the fast charge is available and I have a 10,000ah portable battery to draw from if needed, plus I plan on buying the spare battery with charging case so I can carry a spare easily.
That sound slike a much better solution that some 10,000ah battery and case that basically turns this into a Tablet in size which makes it unusable for me.

tea lady 92

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
The first few days with the Note 4 I was rather disappointed with battery life, in 2 days I had it on the charger 3X.
One major battery hog was just one app called Accupedo which for some stupid reason will stay on and eat battery 24/7 even though I only need it for about an hour a day so I had to go into app manager and force stop it.
But after stopping that one battery hog app and after a couple weeks now of the newness wearing off and the phone setting down I now usually get about 36 hours of battery.

Right now I am at 53% battery left after almost exactly 24 hours with 3 hours and 48 minutes of screen on time.
So pretty much I get a whole day which is acceptable especially since the fast charge is available and I have a 10,000ah portable battery to draw from if needed, plus I plan on buying the spare battery with charging case so I can carry a spare easily.
That sound slike a much better solution that some 10,000ah battery and case that basically turns this into a Tablet in size which makes it unusable for me.

Oh, that sounds amazing!!

I got my phone yesterday...and so fat it's disappointing me. Battery is not lasting at all. I can see it drop right before my eyes. Do you think I should wait around a bit?

Posted via the Android Central App

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

I got my phone yesterday...and so fat it's disappointing me. Battery is not lasting at all. I can see it drop right before my eyes. Do you think I should wait around a bit?

IMO, you should stop looking at the battery percentage and just use the phone.. Plus you just got the phone and trust me I bet you were using the phone the whole time to set it up and playing with it.. Most note 4 battery seem to average 4-7 hours screen time based on what they are doing with the phone.. For me I average 5 hours and a half screen time before I start charging

Joe Nunya

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

Yep, just use it, get all the usual setting up the phone out of the way and wait about 2 weeks. It should slowly start getting a bit better.
Unless you are an extremely heavy user you should get at least a full day out of the battery.
On average I would say most will get about 36 hours.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Just because I don't use my phone in the same manner as you doesn't mean I'm not a heavy user. I routinely talk 3 to 4 hours and use 4 hours or more a day of screen time doing business related things.
There is no phone that will hold up to high intensity gaming for hours on end.

tea lady 92

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Yep, just use it, get all the usual setting up the phone out of the way and wait about 2 weeks. It should slowly start getting a bit better.
Unless you are an extremely heavy user you should get at least a full day out of the battery.
On average I would say most will get about 36 hours.

Thanks for that!! I will do that. See how it goes!! 😊

tea lady 92

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
IMO, you should stop looking at the battery percentage and just use the phone.. Plus you just got the phone and trust me I bet you were using the phone the whole time to set it up and playing with it.. Most note 4 battery seem to average 4-7 hours screen time based on what they are doing with the phone.. For me I average 5 hours and a half screen time before I start charging

Haha...yes, I was actually constantly using it...admiring the size....but yeah I've disabled the percentage thing because all I would do is count....90...89.. 87 haha...so yeah, advice is taken on board!

So screen time is different to the length it lasts? I guess the power of the screen might drain it. I'll use it and wait around a bit ☺ thanks again!

BTW - what does IMO mean? 😳

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Haha...yes, I was actually constantly using it...admiring the size....but yeah I've disabled the percentage thing because all I would do is count....90...89.. 87 haha...so yeah, advice is taken on board!

So screen time is different to the length it lasts? I guess the power of the screen might drain it. I'll use it and wait around a bit ☺ thanks again!

BTW - what does IMO mean? ??????

IMO = in my opinion

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

IMO = in my opinion

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Yeah if you want to read the battery accurately, you should look at your screen time mostly. Screen time means you actually using the phone with the screen on.

rocky28297

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I know there's been a million and one post talking about battery life but seriously I'm starting to think mine may be going to crap.

Just being on my phone for 30 min browsing the Web will take me from 100% down to 86% that's horrible!!

What can I do....?
And for some reason the android system is using 59% or my battery life...wtf?

Uninstall the apps that u don't and see if it helps you out not. There must be an app eating your battery. And pls disable the bloatware as it does drains the battery.if uninstalling apps doesn't work then do a factory data reset and then install apps again one by one slowly and uninstall the last installed app if the phone's battery suddenly starts draining........
I am sorry if a typed more but i have done lots of browsing and experiments regarding android's battery coz i have increased my screen on time from 2 hours to 3 hours by my research........ Reply whether it worked out not.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol