10-10-2017 04:52 PM
43 12
tools
    go to https://www.google.com/apps/mydevices and it will allow you to reset your device if you know your google password
    06-06-2016 01:19 PM
    hi please help I need a quick reply my fingerprint password is not recognised and I forgot my backup password please help urgently I'm using Samsung s6.
    06-15-2016 08:46 AM
    ok will try now thanks.
    06-15-2016 08:49 AM
    guys I have just set up my Google account now what?
    06-15-2016 09:29 AM
    hi ive got the same problem. did you manage to get it sorted? i donbt no what to do an really dont want to reset my full phone
    06-16-2016 06:04 AM
    I can't get in at all. all I can do is call for the Police and get incoming phonecalls. I cannot get to the applications. I cannot download anything through Kies or other download apps. Because I have to unlock my Phone using the backup password. I've tried them all with no prevail. Got to go total reset.
    This happened to me just out of the blue i did not update my phone what i did was oh i also forgot my backup password i was dumbfounded i couldnt get Into my phone so i just kept trying and trying finally it said on my screen unlock phone using goggle account thank the good lord because i actually know my Google password so i was able to unlock it..i went straight to settings and changed the password method so today i decided to go back to finger print for password but now I'm scared I'm going to get locked out again i have an update pending is it any good should i updated or wait any suggestions on that..

Hope that helps someone out i have Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    07-06-2016 10:42 AM
    how do i reset fingerprint backup password i have forgotten?
    07-18-2016 05:19 PM
    Can anyone help me. My problem is different. i had set back up pattern for fingerprint. It recognize my fingerprint but i forgot pattern. I also have back up pin for pattern and able to unlock my phone with either finger print or back up pin of pattern lock. Is there any way by which i can reset my pattern or can change/remove the pattern thing.
    09-14-2016 10:45 AM
    So I went to my application manager on my samsung note5 but I do not see fingerprint could someone help me out?
    09-19-2016 04:04 PM
    Applications > Application Manager > Fingerprint > Clear data.

Turn your phone off, back on and..... voila!
    I'm getting a warning that fingerprint has stopped. Except I never set up any fingerprints. When I get to that part of settings, I get kicked out with the same message that fingerprint has stopped. How do I clear this error message? I've tried rebooting the phone.
    02-04-2017 07:42 PM
    Do you have a Note 4 as well? Does it happen in Safe Mode? Galaxy Note 4 Safe Mode: What you need to know | Android Central. Or after clearing the system cache? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28932
    02-04-2017 09:03 PM
    I just got the new my fingerprint how is unlock it Samsung glaxy A52016
    02-17-2017 03:16 PM
    I just got the new my fingerprint how is unlock it Samsung glaxy A52016
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm sorry, what exactly are you asking?
    02-17-2017 07:18 PM
    Well, after trying everything I could find online and after contacting Samsung technical support and the nice girl being honest and stating she never encountered this problem before and contacted her team several times for advice, I was told I had to do a factory reset. I wasn't happy to say the least. I sucked it up and tried to back up my phone to my laptop, but with many different problems including one that stated my extra storage was dislodged, I shut off my phone to reinsert my storage card. I went to restart it a miracle happened. It stated after reboot I could not use the fingerprint (which was working) and had to put in the backup password (which is what I forgot). This time there was a spot stated forgot password and prompted me to use fingerprint and I was able to change my password!!!!! Too bad all the helpers at Samsung didn't know that and how many others had to do a factory reset! Hope this helps someone!!!
    03-03-2017 12:13 PM
    So i changed rom and then after a while decided to go back at my stock marshmallow rom on my galaxy note 4 . i had a backup so i restored my rooted stock rom but the two fingerprints i had saved and the backup password dosent work ike they never existed. so i cleared fingerprint data froced close it reboot and even freeze it but the fingerprints stay they and i cant change them or add a new one .. is there a way to bypass this or should i factory reset ? please tell me there is hope!
    04-30-2017 07:04 PM
    Thanks bigslick202, this clue worked for me, on a Galaxy S6 where I still had access to the phone using a fingerprint, but had forgotten the backup password.

Short answer: Backup password is stored in Fingerprint app data cache. So just clear the Fingerprint app's data cache, and you'll be prompted for a new backup password.

Long answer, what I did was
    1. Go to the Application Manager\Fingerprint app
    2. 'Force Stop' and 'Clear Data'
    3. Reboot phone
    4. Unlock w/ fingerprint
    5. Go to 'Lock screen and security\Screen lock type' (which should be set to 'Fingerprints')
    6. Use fingerprint to get past the next screen, and
    7. Viola, the next sceeen prompts for a NEW backup password
    8. Now log that password down somewhere in your cloud storage!
    07-16-2017 07:53 AM
    Dear Sir
    i have S5 Mini and i am not accessing my private mode data because i forget my backup password while i am also registered through my fingerprint but the option of fingerprint is not coming on screen therefore plz help me how i can access to my data through fingerprint or any other way without deleting data
    07-16-2017 07:57 AM
    Hye guys , I haveads samsung galaxy tab s2 . But that tab have fingerprint but not mine . How to I reset that phone?
    10-10-2017 04:52 PM
43 12