Camera question

tbolt86

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I found that if you hold your finger on the screen it goes into this focus/exposure mode but idk how it works or how to change the said focus and or exposure mode. Anyone know what im talking about or how to use it? I cant seem to find anything on google. Also anyone know if lens replacements are out yet? (Since my lens cracked) I really need to get a new lens on. Dust is starting to get under the camera and leaving black spots in my pics and idk how im gonna get these specs of dust out. i hope compressed air might get it out.

1e6d62c51f30bcf92425454387f3adcc.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Last edited:

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I suppose it works better if you're actually taking a picture of something or someone...but I've never tried it until now...as far as the dust...and forgive me if u already have...but did u remove the plastic film covering the lens? If you already did and the dust is that bad i would try and get the phone replaced...

tbolt86

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
U didn't read what i said then lol thats y i said is there a replacement yet. my lens cracked i have no lens and i refuse to get replacement why should i have to pay for a defect

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't see how dust is getting under the lens. It is sealed to the camera for this reason. Have you tried taking it back to the store?

tbolt86

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Because there ia no lens it cracked no one is reading anything i said 😑 and i didnt get it from store i got it in the mail cause i preordered

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Because there ia no lens it cracked no one is reading anything i said ?????? and i didnt get it from store i got it in the mail cause i preordered

I did read what you said, but I don't understand why you won't return it for a replacement. If you received the phone in a damaged condition, why would you even bother to keep it?

tbolt86

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Because i dont want a refurbished phone when i paid a lot of money for a new phone and why should i have to pay for a replacement for a defect

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
A cracked lens is not a defect, it is damage from shipping/handling.

You don't have to pay for damages like that. Unless you are the one that dropped it.

Why would you pay $800 for something and then be okay with it showing up broken?

tbolt86

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Nope it happened 3 days after having it and i never dropped my phone or anything if u look thru the forums a lot of people are having the same problem. Im sorry im not paying $200 for a replacement refurbished phone all i wanted to know is if replacement lens are out yet. Will cost me $5 for a replacement lens.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Then you damaged the phone. Cracks in lens don't just happen magically.

I haven't seen any sites listing replacement parts yet, I'll post a link if I run across any. Good luck with your search.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh no? Look thru the forums its happening to a lot. Dont call me a liar cause i never dropped the damn phone!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=455538

See all the ppl aside from the op saying it cracke and they didnt drop it?
If you are 100% sure that this is a manufacturers defect(and not caused by dropping or other physical impact or whatever) , contact Samsung and ask them to fix it under warranty.

If not then you can do though the arbitration process. The most that you will be out is $50,and honestly, for something as small as this, Samsung would probably just fix it free for you.
" For any arbitration in which your total damage claims, exclusive of attorney fees and expert witness fees, are $5,000.00 or less ("Small Claim"), the arbitrator may, if you prevail, award your reasonable attorney fees, expert witness fees and costs as part of any award, but may not grant SAMSUNG its attorney fees, expert witness fees or costs unless it is determined that the claim was brought in bad faith. In a Small Claim case, you shall be required to pay no more than half of the total administrative, facility and arbitrator fees, or $50.00 of such fees, whichever is less, and SAMSUNG shall pay the remainder of such fees. "

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
U didn't read what i said then lol thats y i said is there a replacement yet. my lens cracked i have no lens and i refuse to get replacement why should i have to pay for a defect

Sorry i totally missed what you had in the parenthesis...well good luck on finding a replacement for that...maybe just a matter of time before you can find it

Last edited:

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
The note 4 is barely over a month or 2 old , if you had tried to return it earlier, i doubt very highly you would have gotten a refurb. And regardless of whether you pre-ordered it you should have been able to take it to your carrier store and get it replaced, especially if it was only 3 days old....

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
To answer your question about the focus/exposure, if you are trying to zoom in on something close and it won't hold focus hold your finger over the spot yoy want to focus on. Once that little blue circle appears keep holding your finger(or s-pen) there. The image will focus on the close up and become clear. I had to figure this out the other day when I couldn't focus on an image up close

Posted via the Android Central App

tbolt86

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
To answer your question about the focus/exposure, if you are trying to zoom in on something close and it won't hold focus hold your finger over the spot yoy want to focus on. Once that little blue circle appears keep holding your finger(or s-pen) there. The image will focus on the close up and become clear. I had to figure this out the other day when I couldn't focus on an image up close

Posted via the Android Central App
Ahhh thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21