12-08-2014 05:20 AM
59 123
tools
    Not experiencing any lag on my Note so far. Just tested it out by clicking on multiple things and such.

What "areas" are you experiencing lag?
    12-06-2014 05:34 PM
    Simply not as good as competition

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-06-2014 05:43 PM
    Get out more

12-06-2014 05:48 PM
    I have to wonder if some carrier has some bloatware on their phone that causes lag.
    My Verizon N4 has zero lag. None. Everything is quick.
    Yet I have seen a few people mention lag. What the hell are they seeing that I'm not? I have to believe their carrier has installed some crap, or they are simply trolling the forum.
    i dunno, for sure, i am no troll, and i am ALL IN when it comes to Sammy, i have (all @ same time) Note 4, 8.4 inch Tab S (phone version) , S4 Mini (Int'l version) Samsung Ativ All In One computer AND Galaxy Camera (1st Gen) oh, and TWO Gal Tab 4 - 7 inch (phone version) yes, HAD 2 have two becuz it is SUCH a great device and Sammy only made a handful, needed one in case 1st one went south) so, that all said, i gotta agree, i have lag here & there on ALL my Sammy devices, some lag worse than others, prolly the LEAST amt is on my Note 4, but it, unmistakedly, DOES lag,,,and i do NOT load up my devices with tons of apps, maybe 25 AT MOST.

I also love LG's take on Android, (and think their UI is almost "lag FREE" compared to Sammy's,) however i am "married to Quadranta Font" and LG just doesn't allow installation of it... (my rooting days are over : )

So, not being a fan of vanilla android, a "slight delay in response time" is a compromise i am willing to make, i know what i'm gettin' going in, and even with "expectations lowered a bit to accomodate Touchwiz" the Note 4 (as well as my other devices) have never failed to deliver the best android experience around... if i have to wait an extra second here or there for "my girls" to keep up or catch up, i'm ok with that.

BTC
    12-06-2014 06:00 PM
    I have zero lag with my Note 4. Love it ever since I got it on release day.

12-06-2014 06:21 PM
    My dad just traded in his G3 for a Note 4 Edge and is blown away by the "Performamce" of the Note 4. Hands down the absolute best phablet on the planet period. The note series is pure boss!
    CehowardNote7 likes this.
    12-06-2014 07:10 PM
    I came from an HTC m7 and the performance on the n4 is much better. I know that they're two different generations but just thought I'd give my opinion.

12-06-2014 07:23 PM
    I had actually come from a G3 Before my Note 4 and that phonemwas the most lag heavy, disappointing phone I have ever used. Always heated up and the screen was highly overrated. I mean, to each one's own, and it had some good things about it, but the Note 4 by far is a much superior device.

12-06-2014 07:41 PM
    I have to wonder if some carrier has some bloatware on their phone that causes lag.
    My Verizon N4 has zero lag. None. Everything is quick.
    Yet I have seen a few people mention lag. What the hell are they seeing that I'm not? I have to believe their carrier has installed some crap, or they are simply trolling the forum.
    Got my N4 from T-Mobile and I'm not experiencing any lag. Especially after that update T-Mobile pushed out last week (*I think). In all seriousness, the Note 4 is noticeably better than the Note 3 in regards to lag. Forget about the lag, the Note 4's camera is the best I've used on any smartphones.

*T-Mobile has updated their infrastructure in Tampa Bay and Jacksonville FL to the wideband LTE.

".... [T-Mobile]→ Samsung ''charcoal" black 32 gigs onboard storage plus a 64-bit Samsung SD card...."

{Android Central App}
    12-06-2014 08:14 PM
    I had actually come from a G3 Before my Note 4 and that phonemwas the most lag heavy, disappointing phone I have ever used. Always heated up and the screen was highly overrated. I mean, to each one's own, and it had some good things about it, but the Note 4 by far is a much superior device.

Wow! I like my Note 4 alot but G3 still may be my favorite phone in a while. I'm not sure why it was such a disappointment.....
    12-06-2014 09:05 PM
    Get out more

please take your own advice and get out...
    12-06-2014 09:25 PM
    Simply not as good as competition

Your replies simply confirm to me this has been a troll post from the beginning.
    12-06-2014 09:52 PM
    I wouldn't say its that bad. Some obvious drawbacks that have been discussed ad nauseum. But the Note does provide an experience unlike any other on the market. Never mind these performance issues you speak of could have been revealed to you while spending a few moments in the store playing with one.
    12-06-2014 09:54 PM
    Sigh...what do people hope to accomplish with posts like these?

Does your life suck and you choose to blame it on a phone? Sheesh. A phone will make calls and let you connect to the internet. It will play music and videos. It won't turn your life around. That's up to you.

If you don't like it, don't use it. Not that hard. Go back to your M8 or whatever. No one will care.

Or buy an iphone then go complain on their forums. I promise they will tear you apart on another level than anything you will see here.
    12-06-2014 10:33 PM
    I have a lag on my Note 4. I have a worse lag on my Chromebook. I think maybe I have high expectations or my internet connection is at fault and that there's nothing wrong with my devices.
    12-06-2014 11:51 PM
    There is lag when it comes to reading and writing media to the sd card compared to the galaxy s5... other then that the note 4 has been my favorite phone ever.... hopefully they will fix that with an update....

12-07-2014 12:12 AM
    Without a doubt there is lag on my Note 4 but as other people said it's still a great user experience.
    jerseygirl likes this.
    12-07-2014 12:48 AM
    Really disappointed with note 4 performance. Lag everywhere. Coming from m8 there is no comparison in performance, really is time Samsung stepped up and stopped pissing on customers. Should have learned from previous experience to stay away. Thank God I kept the m8. Samsung is no apple killer that's for sure, features don't make up for bad performance

Sorry you fill that way I just got my note 4 and I must say it's even better then my beloved note 3 and the camera is the best I have 3 friends the bought the note 4 and they to love it hope for find something you really like I know I have

12-07-2014 12:55 AM
    I love mine. No issue with lag except for the multi tasking button. The M8 isn't bad but I also wasn't impressed by it either.
    12-07-2014 01:25 AM
    I believe most of my lag issues are due to my carrier. I'll be in '4g'areas and still not get good service or speed using the Internet or Internet based apps. But what is an issue (samsung, touchwiz, idk) is the camera! Definitely lag after taking photo and then trying to access gallery.
    12-07-2014 02:34 AM
    I had no lag on my Gnote3 and I have No Lag on My Gnote4 I have an M8 which is my daughters now and the M8 can not compare to my Gnote4.
    12-07-2014 02:38 AM
    Is it true m8 have no lag? Seriously???? M8 is good phone?

12-07-2014 03:12 AM
    All phones have some kind of lag. Even the great iPhone ha
    12-07-2014 03:42 AM
    Is it true m8 have no lag? Seriously???? M8 is good phone?

Can't speak for everyone, but I have none what's so ever on my M8. Just purchased the Note 4, this thing is a beast ! Still tinkering w everything, I'm new to touchwiz & haven't experienced any lag but the M8 is faster.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸
    12-07-2014 03:58 AM
    What's a lag??????

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    12-07-2014 04:11 AM
59 123