Note 4 disappointing

anon(9144744)

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Isn't it odd how this guy started this thread and never posted again. Mmmmmmm. Smells like a troll to me.

Sent From A Galaxy Note 3 Far Far Away

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I can understand the frustration. There are delays in certain areas where one just does not expect there to be like the camera to gallery pause or the pause between touching the recent apps button and the menu showing up (lets not debate this, it may not always be there but it's not a myth). Depending on the carrier the amount of bloatware varies but one thing is for sure, a debloated touchwiz based ROM flies on this thing so clearly the potential is there. I am thankful that I made the decision to buy a Note 4 from T-mobile to use on my AT&T account. I'm running Dynamic Kat ROM and loving the look and performance.

only foryou

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Again here you go for comparison!!. It happens all the time when some one switches from one phone to other or one OS to other... Yes as a note 4 owner I agree that there is a lag while accessing some apps.. Is due to the apps.. But not the note... I have worse lags on iPhone 6+ then decided to try note 4.. And I really feel happy that I took this decision. Note is a undisputed king in phablets... Sammy had done good job and great work... When you compare it to 99% performance to 1%lag, I would say I simply ignore that 1% and enjoy the 99%.. See the positive side and enjoy....

Posted via the Android Central App

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I came from the HTC One M8 and the Note 4 does lag compared to M8. But the Note 4 has a much better display and i really like the big screen so ii plan to keep it. The app i notice the most lag is Facebook.

Nobbb

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Not experiencing any lag on my Note so far. Just tested it out by clicking on multiple things and such.

What "areas" are you experiencing lag?

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have to wonder if some carrier has some bloatware on their phone that causes lag.
My Verizon N4 has zero lag. None. Everything is quick.
Yet I have seen a few people mention lag. What the hell are they seeing that I'm not? I have to believe their carrier has installed some crap, or they are simply trolling the forum.

i dunno, for sure, i am no troll, and i am ALL IN when it comes to Sammy, i have (all @ same time) Note 4, 8.4 inch Tab S (phone version) , S4 Mini (Int'l version) Samsung Ativ All In One computer AND Galaxy Camera (1st Gen) oh, and TWO Gal Tab 4 - 7 inch (phone version) yes, HAD 2 have two becuz it is SUCH a great device and Sammy only made a handful, needed one in case 1st one went south) so, that all said, i gotta agree, i have lag here & there on ALL my Sammy devices, some lag worse than others, prolly the LEAST amt is on my Note 4, but it, unmistakedly, DOES lag,,,and i do NOT load up my devices with tons of apps, maybe 25 AT MOST.

I also love LG's take on Android, (and think their UI is almost "lag FREE" compared to Sammy's,) however i am "married to Quadranta Font" and LG just doesn't allow installation of it... (my rooting days are over : )

So, not being a fan of vanilla android, a "slight delay in response time" is a compromise i am willing to make, i know what i'm gettin' going in, and even with "expectations lowered a bit to accomodate Touchwiz" the Note 4 (as well as my other devices) have never failed to deliver the best android experience around... if i have to wait an extra second here or there for "my girls" to keep up or catch up, i'm ok with that. :-*

BTC

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
My dad just traded in his G3 for a Note 4 Edge and is blown away by the "Performamce" of the Note 4. Hands down the absolute best phablet on the planet period. The note series is pure boss!

unitedflow

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I came from an HTC m7 and the performance on the n4 is much better. I know that they're two different generations but just thought I'd give my opinion.

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I had actually come from a G3 Before my Note 4 and that phonemwas the most lag heavy, disappointing phone I have ever used. Always heated up and the screen was highly overrated. I mean, to each one's own, and it had some good things about it, but the Note 4 by far is a much superior device.

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I have to wonder if some carrier has some bloatware on their phone that causes lag.
My Verizon N4 has zero lag. None. Everything is quick.
Yet I have seen a few people mention lag. What the hell are they seeing that I'm not? I have to believe their carrier has installed some crap, or they are simply trolling the forum.

Got my N4 from T-Mobile and I'm not experiencing any lag. Especially after that update T-Mobile pushed out last week (*I think). In all seriousness, the Note 4 is noticeably better than the Note 3 in regards to lag. Forget about the lag, the Note 4's camera is the best I've used on any smartphones.

*T-Mobile has updated their infrastructure in Tampa Bay and Jacksonville FL to the wideband LTE.

".... [T-Mobile]→ Samsung ''charcoal" black 32 gigs onboard storage plus a 64-bit Samsung SD card...."

{Android Central App}

Markisss88

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I had actually come from a G3 Before my Note 4 and that phonemwas the most lag heavy, disappointing phone I have ever used. Always heated up and the screen was highly overrated. I mean, to each one's own, and it had some good things about it, but the Note 4 by far is a much superior device.

Wow! I like my Note 4 alot but G3 still may be my favorite phone in a while. I'm not sure why it was such a disappointment.....

wsrobert

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say its that bad. Some obvious drawbacks that have been discussed ad nauseum. But the Note does provide an experience unlike any other on the market. Never mind these performance issues you speak of could have been revealed to you while spending a few moments in the store playing with one.

tartrate

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Sigh...what do people hope to accomplish with posts like these?

Does your life suck and you choose to blame it on a phone? Sheesh. A phone will make calls and let you connect to the internet. It will play music and videos. It won't turn your life around. That's up to you.

If you don't like it, don't use it. Not that hard. Go back to your M8 or whatever. No one will care.

Or buy an iphone then go complain on their forums. I promise they will tear you apart on another level than anything you will see here.

CatLady2010

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a lag on my Note 4. I have a worse lag on my Chromebook. I think maybe I have high expectations or my internet connection is at fault and that there's nothing wrong with my devices.