Is anyone that's using the Dragon Voice Assistant with a lock screen able to use it to dial a phone # with the screen locked?
    12-06-2014 01:24 PM
    Just installed Dragon on my Verizon Note 4 and tested. So far, I can say that it will wake the phone up out of locked and screen off state, and, if I tell it to "call so-and-so," it actually does it!
    12-11-2014 11:39 AM
    I also just tested this from the locked/screen off state:

"Hello Dragon"
    (waits for beep, takes a couple seconds)
    Send message to 123456789 this is a test
    (wait a second or two)
    Dragon responds with a dialog something like,
    OK, send a message to (phone number). It reads, "This is a test." OK to send?
    I say yes.
    Dragon says OK, it's sent
    Few seconds later, Dragon says, "New message from (me)" and reads, "This is a test" and asks me how I'd like to respond.

This is pretty good!

Please note that I am testing in a quiet room. I will have to test in my car with my bluetooth speakerphone to see how effective it is there, but, at least in theory and limited testing, it seems to do what I want.

12/15/14 - Update: Although Dragon did do what we wanted, which was to respond even when the phone was in a locked state (Verizon Note 4 with Android 4.4.4 stock, security enabled with fingerprint and backup password), it was a bit TOO intrusive over the past 3 days. I received SMS notifications twice: once from Dragon, and once from my default app. Jump into my car, and Dragon automatically kicked on "attentive mode" -- even if I didn't want that. I'll wait for Lollipop and trusted device pairing, I think. Uninstalled Dragon for now.
    12-11-2014 11:45 AM