Hi, first post...after being an iPhoner for a few years, I decided the the Note 4 was worth a try for the features it had over the 6+, the major contender for my $$$. With ATT and a long time mac user.

I've had the phone now for a few days and with each day I get better at it, but there is a learning curve to it. New to this forum also, but it looks to be pretty helpful.
    I am looking for any guidance on migrating from the iPhone "vernacular" to the android.
    Is there a sticky anywhere that shows/compares the iPhone Android equivalents? Part of the curve is that the names for apps are not always intuitive.
    Example, what is the Android equivalent for iBooks? I keep pdf user manuals for other "toys" on my phone and sometimes these are a couple of hundred pages long--camera, motorcycle, or maybe just a few pages, but iBooks handled that fine. Right now I am using Drive, in a folder called Note 4 and kept on the device. No idea if that's the best way to go though.
    What is the equivalent of iPhone Notes on android? is it Keeper? It appears the best way to transfer Notes from iPhone to Note 4 is to email, but then where to go from there and how? Can they be exported to keeper? or is something else better?
    And it seems I am out of luck to enter a return on a text message without an add-on keyboard? Is a smiley really more useful in the android text world than a return key?

So, I suppose I am not the first one to have these issues, and I also suppose there are ways to deal. Any help on this and more global migration processes will be appreciated. I like the phone more each day, but I want it optimized for me, and that is supposed to be the big deal with android, right?
    tia

John
    iOSConvert2k14 likes this.
    12-06-2014 05:19 PM
    Example, what is the Android equivalent for iBooks? I keep pdf user manuals for other "toys" on my phone and sometimes these are a couple of hundred pages long--camera, motorcycle, or maybe just a few pages, but iBooks handled that fine. Right now I am using Drive, in a folder called Note 4 and kept on the device. No idea if that's the best way to go though.
    Try the Play Store. Search for pdf.

What is the equivalent of iPhone Notes on android? is it Keeper?
    That's one. There are a few dozen notes-type apps.

It appears the best way to transfer Notes from iPhone to Note 4 is to email, but then where to go from there and how?
    Copy/paste?

And it seems I am out of luck to enter a return on a text message without an add-on keyboard? Is a smiley really more useful in the android text world than a return key?
    No, but you're not restricted to the keyboard that comes with your phone. I use SwiftKey Keyboard + Emoji and it has a return key.

I like the phone more each day, but I want it optimized for me, and that is supposed to be the big deal with android, right?
    Right. So download themes (icon sets), launchers (the homescreen and app drawer), wallpapers, and spend a month going through all the apps on the Play Store. (That's not enough time to even see all of them, but look at keyboards, launchers, etc. There are "find my car" apps, different camera apps - there's probably an app for everything. (I shop for food using a shopping list app.)
    iOSConvert2k14 likes this.
    12-07-2014 02:30 AM
    Thanks, appreciate. My tech support for all things android, my son -an advocate for over a couple of years, went back to ************, and won't be home til Christmas. But, that's exactly the info I wanted.

John

PS Since my first post I found the section Apple User's Guide to Android and that looks to be a good starting point
    12-07-2014 11:04 AM