Kitkat- Not allowing apps to install from sdcard!!

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys,just joined here.

Just got my new galaxy note 4(UK),trying to install a cracked version of sygic maps ,where the apk file is installed in phone memory and the maps has to be in the sd card,when i launch the apk file it say as per Android's new writing rule its not possible to install from the sdcard???

Is it normal in Kitkit? my friend using older version of android ,he didn't have this problem.

I don't wanna root my phone!!

Advise help ,guide to proper direction much appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the app creates the folder, it should be able to write to it. If you have to install the maps, you'll have to create the folder. Only a folder's owner (or a member of the owning group, if the group has write permission) can write in a folder.

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
If the app creates the folder, it should be able to write to it. If you have to install the maps, you'll have to create the folder. Only a folder's owner (or a member of the owning group, if the group has write permission) can write in a folder.

Thank you, yes,the app creates a folder in the phone memory,and start downloading maps again,instead of using it from the sd card,bcoz of this the application is no more cracked!!

I tried keeping the cracked apk and the maps in phones memory and installed,it get installed,but its become a trial version.

Is there any way to overcome this,allowing to install from the sd card?

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, yes,the app creates a folder in the phone memory,and start downloading maps again,instead of using it from the sd card,bcoz of this the application is no more cracked!!

I tried keeping the cracked apk and the maps in phones memory and installed,it get installed,but its become a trial version.

Is there any way to overcome this,allowing to install from the sd card?

With KitKat, you'd have to root to do it. This behavior changes with Lollipop:

Android 5.0 Lollipop changes the way your SD card works — and that's a good thing | Android Central

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy