I love chomp sms and have used it basically since I got my Note 4. As my username suggests, this is my first Android. I was thinking about how I miss one small feature in ios: the number of unread texts as a left button when I am in a conversation. Is there an option for chomp to enable this? I can live without it and I won't leave chomp because it's awesome unless another app has the same abilities theme wise
    12-06-2014 09:47 PM
    There isn't for Chomp specifically but there are badge icons within the App Store that can help with this.
    12-06-2014 11:57 PM
    It's not a badge icon I'm referring to because I have that via tesla unread. This is what I'm talking about...
    Attached Thumbnails Chompsms Question-1417932995168.jpg  
    12-07-2014 12:16 AM
    Anything?
    12-07-2014 11:44 AM
    Hm I can't really think of anything like that.
    12-07-2014 12:30 PM
    When I'm in an open text conversation (like your photo example) and I press the back button, it takes me back to my received text with the newest on top. So any unread would be on top. Isn't that the same other than having an unread count?

I'm on Verizon and use the Verizon Messages plus app. I'm just assuming it would work about the same.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.
    12-07-2014 02:27 PM
    Chomp's close cousin, Textra, does this.
    MightyMike likes this.
    12-07-2014 06:45 PM
    I don't use chomp but handcent puts a red dot on any new texts that may have arrived on the contact page. Good luck finding what you like.
    12-07-2014 07:22 PM
    I have Textra and Love it. One feature I really like about Textra is the forum for users to put forth suggestions. Does chomp have that? If Not then email them. They may even have a list of What they are working on and it may be in process.

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4
    12-08-2014 01:34 AM
    Aren't they the same guy?

I have Textra and Love it. One feature I really like about Textra is the forum for users to put forth suggestions. Does chomp have that? If Not then email them. They may even have a list of What they are working on and it may be in process.

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4
    12-08-2014 08:13 AM
    Aren't they the same guy?
    Yes.
    12-08-2014 08:37 AM
    Hmmm...then What's the difference?

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4
    12-08-2014 10:29 AM
    I don't know everything for sure, but the few items I do know from working with both briefly (I wound up sticking with Textra):

Chomp has been around a little longer. It has more themese, emojis and other tweaks in that regard if it is important to you as a user. The customization is much greater.

Textra "feels" a little smoother/lighter to me--but that is a completely subjective and personal observation backed by no hard data or research to support.

Textra's layout looks geared towards matching Material Design and giving people functionality approaching that. Chomp appears to be more geared towards people that want to tweak their platform to a much greater degree.

Just my observations. I don't have a lot of hands on time with the current Chomp platform. I used it for a few days after Google Messenger pooped out, then switched to Textra. Textra felt more intuitive to me and how I normally use SMS/MMS, so that's what I stuck with. Chomp was "just different enough" in a few key areas that made it feel clunkier to me, so I went back to Textra.
    12-08-2014 10:52 AM
    I am a ratings/reviews kinda guy. When you suggested chomp or Textra in a different thread I looked at the rating and Textra was a little higher, So I tried it. Glad u did, Glad I did...it's one of those apps that I can't believe is free. Thanks again!

12-08-2014 11:39 AM
    I am a ratings/reviews kinda guy. When you suggested chomp or Textra in a different thread I looked at the rating and Textra was a little higher, So I tried it. Glad u did, Glad I did...it's one of those apps that I can't believe is free. Thanks again!

ChompSMS I believe is more theme heavy oriented .. but not sure. Both are great apps.
    12-08-2014 12:56 PM
    Totally agree...and from what I read Textra was a deliberate effort to keep footprint small. LaTuFu is right about all that too. I don't care about themes but I like the look/feel options of chompSMS. But again, both are great. I used HandCent a long time but it kept getting bigger and bigger and then it stopped working for me so I ended up with chompSMS.

ChompSMS I believe is more theme heavy oriented .. but not sure. Both are great apps.
    12-08-2014 01:45 PM