I've found a way to cause a spontaneous reboot of my Note 4, and it's repeatable - I purchased BSPlayer from the Play Store, then I started playing an MP3 file with the phone in landscape orientation with the oscilloscope visualization. I let it play for a few seconds, then rotated the phone counter-clockwise to portrait orientation. A second or two later, boom. Reboot. Every time. By the way, any MP3 will do. I tried a few to make sure it wasn't the MP3 file itself causing the reboot.

I sent a note to the BSPlayer folks but haven't heard back from them yet and probably won't until Monday at least. But in the meantime, I intend to uninstall/reinstall BSPlayer to see if that corrects the problem, I just haven't had time to do it yet.

My particulars: Verizon Note 4 running stock Touchwiz with all OTA updates installed. This is the only issue I've had with the phone since I purchased it a little more than 2 weeks ago.

Can someone else who has BSPlayer please try the same sequence I describe above and see if you can repeat it as well, please? It could help determine whether I have a BSPlayer issue or if I have a larger phone issue. Thanks in advance.
    12-07-2014 01:32 AM
    I'd suggest waiting to hear back from the developer of the app. In the meantime, there are many alternative apps available in the Play Store until you are able to resolve the issue with the original app.
    12-07-2014 02:28 AM
    I've found a way to cause a spontaneous reboot of my Note 4, and it's repeatable - I purchased BSPlayer from the Play Store, then I started playing an MP3 file with the phone in landscape orientation with the oscilloscope visualization. I let it play for a few seconds, then rotated the phone counter-clockwise to portrait orientation. A second or two later, boom. Reboot. Every time. By the way, any MP3 will do. I tried a few to make sure it wasn't the MP3 file itself causing the reboot.

I sent a note to the BSPlayer folks but haven't heard back from them yet and probably won't until Monday at least. But in the meantime, I intend to uninstall/reinstall BSPlayer to see if that corrects the problem, I just haven't had time to do it yet.

My particulars: Verizon Note 4 running stock Touchwiz with all OTA updates installed. This is the only issue I've had with the phone since I purchased it a little more than 2 weeks ago.

Can someone else who has BSPlayer please try the same sequence I describe above and see if you can repeat it as well, please? It could help determine whether I have a BSPlayer issue or if I have a larger phone issue. Thanks in advance.
    An uninstall/re-install resolved the issue.
    12-07-2014 12:33 PM