new to android and Note 4 and I have a couple of questions re Keep.

I have loaded Keep with all my former iPhone Notes and I'm looking for a way to make it more user friendly to me.

Is there a way to show the title only of each note in a list view and ideally in alphabetical order?

Failing that is there a way to show fewer lines of each note's contents? Right now there are at least 5 lines of each note shown and I think this could be a privacy issue.

Is there a way of changing the color of the title's text? I see that I can change the whole note's color and that is helpful, but talking about the text in the title alone.

Is there a way to control the visibility of the Add quick note widget?
    Thanks
    12-07-2014 08:03 PM
    Sorry to say, but none of those things you would like to do can be done. Keep is rather limited to help it stay simple. However, you can tap the menu button at the top left, and click Help and Feedback and submit the ideas to Google.
    12-07-2014 08:44 PM
    Thanks for the info and sorry to hear that. I did learn that if a note is important enough to keep, to archive it, and fortunately I did not learn it the hard way.

Do you know of a note app that would do what I seek?

thanks again

John
    12-08-2014 06:19 AM
    The only other note application I know of is Ever note, but I am not sure it can do what you would like it to either.

From an AOSP M8
    12-08-2014 09:17 AM
    Have you tried using S-Note and seeing if it will provide the functions you're looking for?
    12-08-2014 09:44 AM
    Is there a way to show the title only of each note in a list view and ideally in alphabetical order?
    Is there a way of changing the color of the title's text? I see that I can change the whole note's color and that is helpful, but talking about the text in the title alone.
    OneNote shows the page name for each note in the widget. With the last used note at the top. No control over the color though.
    12-08-2014 11:23 AM
    thanks for the suggestions; S-Note may be of interest, maybe more so than One Note?? Looking at both though.
    The more I play with Keep, though, the more it seems it may be fine and I, rather than the program, need to adapt 8-)
    12-08-2014 04:43 PM
    Just keep the app shortcut on your homescreen and not the larger widget. That will keep the notes from showing. You just have to tap the app icon to bring up the screen then again for the note you are looking for. The only way someone will see the notes is if they open the app.

I've played a lot with note apps, looking for one that will work for what I do. I can't seem to find one that will do it all, though. InNote seems to be leading the pack right now. Papyrus is great but the only way to export is to pay for the pdf export option. Smart Note is freakin' awesome for handwriting recognition but the size of the note is limited to what you see on the screen. Stupid.

I've also tried Writer and Write Notebook which are both bigger than simple note taking, more like "journals". InNote could fall into this category too, actually.

The ultimate in simplicity, the opposite direction you want, is Notepad. Does the deed but no bells and whistles other than easy export.
    12-08-2014 06:59 PM