I just got my Note 4 yesterday and am getting used to the learning curve. I have had a version of iPhone for years. I have yahoo messenger installed and whatsapp as well. I am wondering if there is any way to keep those notifications from coming across the top of my screen and keeping them from showing up in my notification drop down screen? I went into each individual app menu - made whatsapp notifications LED light only but haven't tried it out yet. Yahoo messenger I was only able to turn off sounds and vibrations, but each notification shows up in my top left corner of the screen as well as the message that was just sent coming up briefly across the very top of my screen. Anyone know what the options are for this? Thanks in advance.
    12-08-2014 10:28 AM
    If I am understanding you correctly, you want to fully disable notifications from yahoo messenger. Go to settings - application manager, select yahoo messenger and uncheck the notifications box.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Welcome to the forums. I don't have the Note 4, but I can flag down some help.
    MightyMike and src1346 like this.
    12-08-2014 10:39 AM
    If I am understanding you correctly, you want to fully disable notifications from yahoo messenger. Go to settings - application manager, select yahoo messenger and uncheck the notifications box.

12-08-2014 10:58 AM

Perfect!! Thanks so much!

I also found this in another thread...

3. Notifications can be hidden by holding down the notification in the notification drawer. Click app info. Then uncheck show notification.
    12-08-2014 11:04 AM
    Perfect!! Thanks so much!

I also found this in another thread...

3. Notifications can be hidden by holding down the notification in the notification drawer. Click app info. Then uncheck show notification.
    Yup, that's a shortcut to get to the App Info page
    src1346 likes this.
    12-08-2014 11:14 AM