03-11-2017 03:51 AM
40 12
tools
    There's an app on Google Play called (rather counter-intuitively) Hearing Saver. I use it on my LG G2 to override the volume reduction when the headphone jack is used. Haven't tried it in my wife's GN4, but it is worth a shot.
    I used this and it did the trick... doesn't disable the warning but seems to bypass it
    ier80899 and anti-depressant like this.
    10-11-2015 12:27 AM
    the free app called Hearing Saver worked for me as well, a simple, easy-to-use, non-root app. Yay.
    ier80899 and anti-depressant like this.
    10-12-2015 03:37 AM
    Does the app also keep the volume level at max after disconnecting? I'm having trouble with my S6 changing the media volume to the 75% position every time when i connect the aux cable. Driving me nuts since i need to keep it close to 100% for my car stereo..
    10-12-2015 03:46 PM
    MarcelDelfino and t1gsp, What music app are you using? I have LG G2 non rooted Verizon phone and used the Hearing Saver... rebooted several times and I cannot get it to work. Perhaps it is based on the music app... though I'm not sure. When I used 2 different apps (Music and iHeartRadio), the Hearing Saver didn't change the volumes... so it didn't fix the "high volume" annoying message.
    12-31-2015 03:49 PM
    I know rooting will solve this problem. I would also try going through the active processes running on your phone and see if you can find the volume warning and disable it. Not sure if it's possible or not.

If your on a T-Mobile or at&t version of the note 4 rooting is a breeze. Took me 5 minutes.

Good luck

Posted via the Android Central App
    How can you root the AT&T version. Don't you have to deal with Knox? What about the locked bootloader?
    12-31-2015 06:28 PM
    The reason that there is a warning about the volume is the fact that exposure to loud music can cause hearing loss. More than 38 million Americans are suffering from Hearing Loss. I am the co-chair of the "Turn Down the Volume Committee" for the Hearing Loss Association of America. The more loud music you listen to, the closer you get to needing a hearing aid. If you think it can't happen to you, then you are mistaken.

I have prepared a two-page sheet for information purposes. Go to hlaamcc.org and click on the information sheet about Noise-induced Hearing Loss. I am a doctor and I give talks on this topic. "Mom" was right, turn down the volume. Be decibel wise: Under 85 keeps hearing alive.
    anti-depressant likes this.
    05-25-2016 07:07 AM
    If you can find the one person who saw the warning and said, "Damn, my phone is right. I should lower the volume."....

The warning is there for CYA by samsung. Hearing loss will be a crazy problem in the future. I know my 20 year old can't hear because he always has his headphones plugged in and loud...

05-25-2016 04:55 PM
    That is all fine and good. But it would be nice to have the option to dismiss the message instead of having to look at the screen, accept it, and push it further.

For me, I was born with a hearing deficiency, so unless it's at full blast, I can't hear it well. I KNOW I'm going to need hearing aids eventually, so I might as well be able to hear the music while I still am able to.
    05-26-2016 07:28 AM
    That's one thing I've noticed since upgrading to MM and installing Good Lock - I no longer get those warnings.

*Edit* Actually it does still come up, but only one after the phone has restarted

Note 4 910C 6.0.1 | Good Lock UI | Android Central App
    Kegman likes this.
    05-27-2016 04:13 PM
    It is not illegal to wear headphones in any state but Arizona... Let's stop pretending we know something and misinforming and/or swaying people to believe something is true or untrue if we don't actually know the information. So tired of you people misinforming people so casually.
    07-27-2016 12:25 PM
    My problem is that in order to even HEAR my note after the upgrade, I have to go into high volume mode...never had to do that before...

07-27-2016 06:12 PM
    It is not illegal to wear headphones in any state but Arizona... Let's stop pretending we know something and misinforming and/or swaying people to believe something is true or untrue if we don't actually know the information. So tired of you people misinforming people so casually.
    It's illegal in 16 states. In Arizona you can't wear them while transporting enrolled children in a licensed day care.
    http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/headsets/
    07-27-2016 06:42 PM
    Most of the time I'm using my headphone jack it's to plug into my car stereo and the level at the warning is not very loud.

I've found that after marshmallow just keep pressing volume up and it goes away
    07-28-2016 11:16 AM
    One of life's little oddities... illegal to drive with headphones, but not illegal to drive if deaf.
    I would imagine this is because wearing headphones is preventable, while deafness (not caused by hearing damage) is not.

It would be that much more of an imposition if deaf people couldn't get anywhere without having to take public transportation or having a ride lined up.

Most of the time I'm using my headphone jack it's to plug into my car stereo and the level at the warning is not very loud.

I've found that after marshmallow just keep pressing volume up and it goes away
    I could have sworn that I've already tried that before, and as soon as I bought my Galaxy Note 4 and turned it on, the upgrade to Android 6 Marshmallow was available, so I've had that the entire time I've been using it.

ATTENTION ALL POSTERS ON THIS THREAD

Don't be upset with me if this doesn't work, please, because I only found this a moment ago, did it, and tried adjusting volume both with my Bluetooth headphones and through the phone's speakers, but so far it seems to be working.

Check out: http://www.samsungsfour.com/tutorial...martphone.html

The article suggests that you, and I quote: "
    1. Open the 'Music Player' and go to 'Settings'.
    2. Now give a check mark to 'Smart volume' and you will get a warning like the one shown in the sceenshot below, now click 'ÖK'."

The Smart Volume control will initially say, "The volume of all tracks will be adjusted to level 2" (at least it did on mine), but I adjusted my volume all the way to 15 (with no warning pop-up, but I'd forgotten to connect to my Bluetooth headphones before doing so), disabled Smart Volume, enabled it again, and it said "The volume of all tracks will be adjusted to level 15".

I then connected my Bluetooth headphones, adjusted the volume down, and back up again, with no pop-up. It works when not on Bluetooth as well, but if I'm not mistaken, the pop-up was never an issue when using the phone's speakers.

So, like I said, it seems to be working for me, without rooting, without downloading any app, just a simple adjustment in the Music app's settings. I always assumed I would not want Smart Volume enabled, because dynamics are there in music for a reason and I assumed that, if anything, it would LIMIT volume when I didn't want it to...but if it gives you the option of adjusting everything to max, PLUS disables that annoying pop-up, I can't see why I shouldn't leave it enabled.

I cannot speak to how it will affect using more than one music app, or video player, or what-have-you, but the only time it's been an issue for me is using the Music app, so this solves my dilemma. Man, I hope I'm not so late posting this that it won't be of any use to anybody.

By the way, that article was the second result on Google Search, right below this one, so some of you may have come across it. But if so, why didn't YOU post it here? Joke, joke...and since it's nearly Christmas, happy holidays to you all!
    12-14-2016 11:01 PM
    The reason that there is a warning about the volume is the fact that exposure to loud music can cause hearing loss. More than 38 million Americans are suffering from Hearing Loss. I am the co-chair of the "Turn Down the Volume Committee" for the Hearing Loss Association of America. The more loud music you listen to, the closer you get to needing a hearing aid. If you think it can't happen to you, then you are mistaken.

I have prepared a two-page sheet for information purposes. Go to hlaamcc.org and click on the information sheet about Noise-induced Hearing Loss. I am a doctor and I give talks on this topic. "Mom" was right, turn down the volume. Be decibel wise: Under 85 keeps hearing alive.
    That's well and all for headphone users, but the samsung does this on all devices, even blutooth connected external speakers. When my car connects to the phone and I use the steering wheel buttons to control the volume, I have to take the phone out of my pocket to adjust the volume up after every connection. When I had an iphone I could use my samsung gear to adjust the volume up, but now my samsung phone vibrates on volume 9 of 16, and I have to take my phone out to acknoledge the warning before turning it all the way up! A useless function if you can't disable it
    03-11-2017 03:51 AM
40 12