When is the Note 4 likely to drop in price?

brownsdawg

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I want a Note 4 but can't justify paying the full price for it right now. The Black Friday weekend didn't seem to yield any great deals for the Note 4.

When is the Note 4 likely to drop to a lower price on and off contract? I'm out of contract and would consider jumping on it even if it dropped $100, but currently its $299 on contract.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Seems to me that individual carriers have already been offering one deal or another resulting in drops of $100 with some stipulations. They have been offering higher credits for return of an older phone as well. I would expect more for Christmas or just after. So far from what I have read it has been a less than satisfying holiday retail season across the board.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I want a Note 4 but can't justify paying the full price for it right now. The Black Friday weekend didn't seem to yield any great deals for the Note 4.

When is the Note 4 likely to drop to a lower price on and off contract? I'm out of contract and would consider jumping on it even if it dropped $100, but currently its $299 on contract.
Not sure what you mean. The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 was free ar on contract on Black Friday weekend. It is unlikely to get cheaper in the near future.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

currentdroiduser

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what you mean. The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 was free ar on contract on Black Friday weekend. It is unlikely to get cheaper in the near future.

Verizon note 4 was 100 dollars off not free

Posted via the Android Central App

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
If Apple drops the price of their iPhone 6's Samsung will follow suit just like they did with the $200 trade in rebate but I don't think it's likely Apple will drop their prices because the iPhone 6's are selling very well. So far the best deal on a Note 4 was the $200 trade in, on contract was $99.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I like the edge program with Verizon. No down, no upgrade fees, no activation fees. Can upgrade within a time frame and it is great. I believe eventually there will no longer be subiside pricing. They don't have subiside pricing in Europe. I prefer being able to have this savings as well as an additional discount. For me it saves and I have my corporate discount too

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I can't figure out where any of the carriers zero down and pay full price for the phone plans is less expensive than getting a subsidized phone because you need the service to use the phone anyway. I'm on AT&T and I looked at Sprint & T-Mobile buy the device at full price plans and when I included the monthly phone payment they were both more expensive than my current plan. Same for AT&T and Verizon. I get a new subsidized phone every 2 years and I'm not able to see how anyone can save money using the zero down pay full price plans any of the carriers offer. The only advantage to these plans I can see is you can upgrade your device sooner than 2 years which I would not pay a monthly premium to do.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I can't figure out where any of the carriers zero down and pay full price for the phone plans is less expensive than getting a subsidized phone because you need the service to use the phone anyway. I'm on AT&T and I looked at Sprint & T-Mobile buy the device at full price plans and when I included the monthly phone payment they were both more expensive than my current plan. Same for AT&T and Verizon. I get a new subsidized phone every 2 years and I'm not able to see how anyone can save money using the zero down pay full price plans any of the carriers offer. The only advantage to these plans I can see is you can upgrade your device sooner than 2 years which I would not pay a monthly premium to do.

The idea isn't to get the phones cheaper. You pay less for your monthly service with the flex plan. When my gf contract was up she was going to get a subsidized phone but they were going to add 40 a month to the bill. It's about the same either way and you can swap whenever you want if you are willing to pay the phone off

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
My total monthly expense was higher when I added the 24 month phone payment plan to the discounted monthly service plan than what I pay monthly for just the service plan with a subsidized phone. Depending on the carrier the phone was in the mid $700 to $825 to purchase it and pay for it over 24 months. If I could have saved money by buying the phone outright over 24 months because of the monthly service plan being less that's what I would have done. Maybe the fact that I have 2 lines changes the equation.

rahul.sharma

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
It highly depends on the plan. On att, if I go with subsidized plan it only adds $15 per month on my 3gb plan. So for note I paid $99 ($200 trade in for 4 year old pH) on 2 year contract and will pay $15 per month for 24 months. So basically paid $99 + $360 (15*24) + taxes... Not a bad deal I think.

-Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note® 4

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Because...if you use ATT next you don't sign a "contract" thus allowing you to get the 10 line 10 gig plan for 160. You can up your data to 30 gig for 33 extra bucks. On contract that same plan is 260 and you get the subsidized phone that you pay for up front...without the 20 extra gigs of data. When we re-uped with ATT my buddies would Not let me sign a contract cause you save a few hundred bucks over the course of the year if you get the next phones. The contract is Not with the plan...it's with the phone.

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The advantage is that on 10gb or higher they offer a $25/mo discount for off contract /edge /next. Over 2 years, that is $600 . add to it that you don't have to pay upgrade fees. It does work out to be cheaper in some situations.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Oh....and you get a new subsidized phone every 2 years...on the next plan...put a little down and pay off you phone in a year and you are eligible to get a new phone on the next plan. You can upgrade phones whenever you want and trade in the old one. Year after year or sooner. It's up to you. I even know of some people that just add a line for 15 bucks and get a new phone. That's another advantage I forgot. On contract a smart phone is $40 a month per line . On next plan I pay $15 a month for my Note 4.

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4