Tracking/location apps?

PaulaO

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
My brother was here over the weekend and he had this location option within iMessage. He and his best friend since high school use it to keep track of each other, mostly for giggles and because they both travel so much for business. Kevin (my bro) called it his "Where is *&%$ now?" game. Kevin's wife, however, got tired of Apple and switched to a Note 3 last year. My brother is teasing her something awful about not being able to track him because she doesn't have iMessage.

Is there an app that would allow her to track him as he travels, even though he is on iOS and she is on Android?

I tried some a while back. My partner is a rural mail carrier and I wanted to see if I could follow her on the mail route. But none of them were really what I was looking for as they were all map programs and had to stay running.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Google+. I can see my dad's location (and he can see mine) while he has an iPhone and I have a Moto X. Just need to turn "location sharing" on in G+.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Location sharing, Google+.
It uses virtually no battery.
This past summer I did a cross country motorcycle trip, and Google+ also kept a record of where I had been. Without doing anything. When I got back home, I went to the Google location history site and I could find the places I had been, and when I was there. Neat. No extra app needed.
Of course there was one spot on Yellowstone, where there was no signal, but it caught a signal on Cody Wyoming. So it suddenly jumped from Yellowstone, 80 miles away, to Cody. It had me down as traveling at 4000 miles per hour. :) So one or two little glitches like that in 5000 miles. I can live with that.
And they have a widget that you can put in the screen toshow where your friends are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech