Note 4 Charging Cord: Worried it'll fray like iPhones

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey all I know is that multiple people messaged me and all had Samsung cords that came with their phones and they were all frayed and all were white. OP is headed that way too. *shrugs*

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey all I know is that multiple people messaged me and all had Samsung cords that came with their phones and they were all frayed and all were white. OP is headed that way too. *shrugs*

That's not a fact ....as I have said I have plenty of cords and all of them are still perfect ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
This kind of relates to the topic about chargers. So I have a moto g and the Motorola charger I have sometimes doesn't charge my phone unless I take it and pull the cord and stretch it then it works any idea why its in perfect condition, and I've only had the phone about 3 weeks!!! Also can I use one of these chargers from my old Samsung Galaxy Ring, Zte Awe, or Kyocera Event and it won't damage or effect my battery? Any help is appreciated and about the Samsung charger burning that's a slightly common issue withe the S3 and S4 just check out the YouTube videos scary!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
This kind of relates to the topic about chargers. So I have a moto g and the Motorola charger I have sometimes doesn't charge my phone unless I take it and pull the cord and stretch it then it works any idea why its in perfect condition, and I've only had the phone about 3 weeks!!! Also can I use one of these chargers from my old Samsung Galaxy Ring, Zte Awe, or Kyocera Event and it won't damage or effect my battery? Any help is appreciated and about the Samsung charger burning that's a slightly common issue withe the S3 and S4 just check out the YouTube videos scary!!!

Any charger will work. Just check the power output of the charger as it should be printed on the plug somewhere. You want at least 1amp to get a decent charge rate. Sounds like you have a short in yours somewhere. Yes Samsung have burned here and there but I should not have been using a frayed cable regardless of if it fell apart on me or not.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Well the problem is I've had 4 Moto g's and all the chargers except for one have did the same thing so here's 5 charger's I have which should I use?
Input/Output
Moto G Motorola= 0.2A/5.0V=550mA
Samsung= 0.15A/5.0V=0.7A
Kyocera= 0.2A/5.0V=800mA
Zte= 250mA/5.0V=1000mA
On the Samsung I'm guessing 700mA Output?

Last edited:

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Well the problem is I've had 4 Moto g's and all the chargers except for one have did the same thing so here's 5 charger's I have which should I use?
Input/Output
Moto G Motorola= 0.2A/5.0V=550mA
Samsung= 0.15A/5.0V=0.7A
Kyocera= 0.2A/5.0V=800mA
Zte= 250mA/5.0V=1000
On the Samsung I'm guessing 700mA Output?

Correct. 0.7amp equals 700mAh

hg1027

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I've been using amazon basics cables, seem to be good quality. Apple has replaced every cord I've taken in, and if my s4 cord were to start to crack, I'd take it to the Samsung shop and lean on them pretty hard.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Since replacement cables from Samsung are not very expensive why not just purchase an original or two?
As for durability, I am using Samsung cables from my S4, S5, Note 3, Note 4, Note 8, and Note Pro 12.2 and have never had any failures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781