01-07-2015 01:04 AM
29 12
tools
    I attached two pics of my charger. You can see about a half an inch down from the end of the coil like structure is the little start of a dent. I'm hoping these cords don't fray like iPhones do. I play games horizontally when it charges sometimes; is this why it has the indentation? I'm only concerned because I don't know where to buy replacement cords that support fast charging it it were to fray. Any input is welcome. The pictures are the best I could get but if you zoom you'll see it.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 Charging Cord: Worried it'll fray like iPhones-1418185829270.jpg   Note 4 Charging Cord: Worried it'll fray like iPhones-1418185838141.jpg  
    radiohawk likes this.
    12-09-2014 11:31 PM
    Second picture you can see it better because of the angle. Zooming definitely helps with clarity
    12-09-2014 11:32 PM
    I attached two pics of my charger. You can see about a half an inch down from the end of the coil like structure is the little start of a dent. I'm hoping these cords don't fray like iPhones do. I play games horizontally when it charges sometimes; is this why it has the indentation? I'm only concerned because I don't know where to buy replacement cords that support fast charging it it were to fray. Any input is welcome. The pictures are the best I could get but if you zoom you'll see it.
    I've bent the heck out of mine for years without issue. Have a cord from my S3 that's still solid.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
    iOSConvert2k14 likes this.
    12-09-2014 11:35 PM
    Samsung chargers tend to last longer and can typically handle a little abuse. Of course the exception to this were the Note 3 chargers, which Samsung acknowledged there was a problem with them.

Sent using my iPhone 6 Plus via the Uncarrier
    12-09-2014 11:46 PM
    The adaptive fast charge is not dependent on cable. You can go to a local store and get a 99 cent micro USB cable, and you will have fast charge as long as you use the power adapter that came with the phone.
    iOSConvert2k14 and Ticojpunk like this.
    12-09-2014 11:55 PM
    I call that turtleneck! lol
    12-10-2014 12:06 AM
    I thought the cable had something to do with it haha good to know! Worries at ease

And that's what happened to literally 6 of my iPhone 5 and 5S cords haha double chin
    12-10-2014 12:09 AM
    I still have my original Samsung cord to my Note 2 which is about 2 years old and in perfect condition. I didn't baby it either. They seem to be very durable! Unlike some generic ones I've had before (for extras) that split and frey horribly.
    12-10-2014 12:19 AM
    The adaptive fast charge is not dependent on cable. You can go to a local store and get a 99 cent micro USB cable, and you will have fast charge as long as you use the power adapter that came with the phone.
    That's not entirely correct. I have some cheap cables that DON'T work with adaptive charging...

They are USB 2.0, they charge slowly and do NOT show the Fast Charger message when plugged in.
    12-10-2014 03:38 AM
    Go buy a cheap cable or two to use when you are handling it 'roughly'. The cheap cables may or may not charge fast, depending on a lot of different things. But they should keep the charge up while you are gaming or watching videos or whatever.

Then the times that you really need a quick charge, get out the original cable.
    12-10-2014 09:44 AM
    Go buy a cheap cable or two to use when you are handling it 'roughly'. The cheap cables may or may not charge fast, depending on a lot of different things. But they should keep the charge up while you are gaming or watching videos or whatever.

Then the times that you really need a quick charge, get out the original cable.
    Agree to a point. Use the original or non-cheap cords for your data transfers. There is a reason that some cords are $1 and others are up to $20. Not always true, but most more expensive cords are made with better materials and are thicker due to the better shielding. If you don't care about fast charging, the cheaper cord should due. If fast charging or data transfers are important /critical, then go with the more expensive cord.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-10-2014 11:11 AM
    I have 2 Samsung cables from my S3. Both have been used and lightly abused, but neither have any fraying or other issues. The cable that came with my Note 4 seems to be built just the same.
    12-10-2014 12:21 PM
    I am using my Note 2 cable with my Note 4 as my daily charging cable. Works fine.
    12-10-2014 12:27 PM
    Pretty much any decent USB cable rated for charging is going to support your fast charger. There will be a few of the cheaper made ones that don't.

The cord doesn't determine the fast charge support, it is the head unit plugged into your wall that determines it. As long as your USB cable is rated to carry the current load, it'll be fine.

I know iOS fans don't like to hear this, but Apple doesn't build their peripherals as solid as a lot of other component manufacturers do.

I've watched my wife and kids go through iPhone chargers like a fat kid through halloween candy, while I still have an old Blackberry charger that will work just fine in my Note 4 (doesn't do fast charge, but it does regular charge). They are no harder on their chargers than I am on mine.
    heathersimon and dplongo22 like this.
    12-10-2014 03:15 PM
    Pretty much any decent USB cable rated for charging is going to support your fast charger. There will be a few of the cheaper made ones that don't.

The cord doesn't determine the fast charge support, it is the head unit plugged into your wall that determines it. As long as your USB cable is rated to carry the current load, it'll be fine.

I know iOS fans don't like to hear this, but Apple doesn't build their peripherals as solid as a lot of other component manufacturers do.

I've watched my wife and kids go through iPhone chargers like a fat kid through halloween candy, while I still have an old Blackberry charger that will work just fine in my Note 4 (doesn't do fast charge, but it does regular charge). They are no harder on their chargers than I am on mine.
    LOL on the wife and kids Iphone chargers!!! Made me laugh!
    12-10-2014 05:08 PM
    Samsung chargers tend to last longer and can typically handle a little abuse. Of course the exception to this were the Note 3 chargers, which Samsung acknowledged there was a problem with them.

Sent using my iPhone 6 Plus via the Uncarrier
    My S3 charger broke in a week. My iPhone 5 charger is still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-11-2014 02:00 PM
    This is my first Note coming from 5 years of iPhone, and every single iPhone charging wire I have ever had has had to be replaced to do it bending, iphones have been around forever and Apple still has yet to give out a decent wire for charging with their phones. Thanks Samsung.
    12-11-2014 02:15 PM
    I have like 6 cords from Samsung and none of them had issues

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    dplongo22 likes this.
    12-11-2014 09:38 PM
    Alot of the white Samsung chargers seem to deteriorate probably due to oily fingers. Mine deteriorated and then exposed wire underneath. Then I used it to charge my S4 and it overheated and almost melted the phone down. When I posted this picture up to warn others in less than an hour three of my friends sent me pictures of their white Samsung cords that looked the same. Yours looks to be headed for the same fate. I have 2 genuine Samsung chargers and cords that are black and they do not show any signs of deterioration.

Because of the cord my phone wouldn't charge anymore with any charger. So I got a new phone. Thankfully I have the spare battery and charger kit for the s4 which got me through the unable to charge period. But when I got my Note Edge turns out the charger for it manages to charge my s4 at 1000mA!

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T
    12-12-2014 09:55 AM
    Alot of the white Samsung chargers seem to deteriorate probably due to oily fingers. Mine deteriorated and then exposed wire underneath. Then I used it to charge my S4 and it overheated and almost melted the phone down. When I posted this picture up to warn others in less than an hour three of my friends sent me pictures of their white Samsung cords that looked the same. Yours looks to be headed for the same fate. I have 2 genuine Samsung chargers and cords that are black and they do not show any signs of deterioration.

Because of the cord my phone wouldn't charge anymore with any charger. So I got a new phone. Thankfully I have the spare battery and charger kit for the s4 which got me through the unable to charge period. But when I got my Note Edge turns out the charger for it manages to charge my s4 at 1000mA!

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...1faba1985d.jpg

I had white cords since my s3 which was red , red s4 , white note 3 and white note 4 .....and all my cables are perfect and I don't take care of them at all .

12-12-2014 12:26 PM
    Hey all I know is that multiple people messaged me and all had Samsung cords that came with their phones and they were all frayed and all were white. OP is headed that way too. *shrugs*

12-12-2014 12:29 PM
    Hey all I know is that multiple people messaged me and all had Samsung cords that came with their phones and they were all frayed and all were white. OP is headed that way too. *shrugs*

That's not a fact ....as I have said I have plenty of cords and all of them are still perfect ...

12-12-2014 07:55 PM
    This kind of relates to the topic about chargers. So I have a moto g and the Motorola charger I have sometimes doesn't charge my phone unless I take it and pull the cord and stretch it then it works any idea why its in perfect condition, and I've only had the phone about 3 weeks!!! Also can I use one of these chargers from my old Samsung Galaxy Ring, Zte Awe, or Kyocera Event and it won't damage or effect my battery? Any help is appreciated and about the Samsung charger burning that's a slightly common issue withe the S3 and S4 just check out the YouTube videos scary!!!

12-12-2014 08:46 PM
    This kind of relates to the topic about chargers. So I have a moto g and the Motorola charger I have sometimes doesn't charge my phone unless I take it and pull the cord and stretch it then it works any idea why its in perfect condition, and I've only had the phone about 3 weeks!!! Also can I use one of these chargers from my old Samsung Galaxy Ring, Zte Awe, or Kyocera Event and it won't damage or effect my battery? Any help is appreciated and about the Samsung charger burning that's a slightly common issue withe the S3 and S4 just check out the YouTube videos scary!!!

Any charger will work. Just check the power output of the charger as it should be printed on the plug somewhere. You want at least 1amp to get a decent charge rate. Sounds like you have a short in yours somewhere. Yes Samsung have burned here and there but I should not have been using a frayed cable regardless of if it fell apart on me or not.

12-12-2014 08:57 PM
    Well the problem is I've had 4 Moto g's and all the chargers except for one have did the same thing so here's 5 charger's I have which should I use?
    Input/Output
    Moto G Motorola= 0.2A/5.0V=550mA
    Samsung= 0.15A/5.0V=0.7A
    Kyocera= 0.2A/5.0V=800mA
    Zte= 250mA/5.0V=1000mA
    On the Samsung I'm guessing 700mA Output?

12-12-2014 09:13 PM
29 12