08-14-2015 12:09 PM
48 12
tools
    I'm also having this issue with my AT&T Note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-14-2014 11:18 AM
    I seem to have this problem on my phone also. Verizon here. It's happened a few times where people are not understanding me on speakerphone. Having to repeat myself a few times.
    12-14-2014 11:43 AM
    I have a verizon phone but I have not encountered this issue at all. And I use my speaker phone all the time.
    12-14-2014 12:23 PM
    Tnx, pls keep us updated
    I'm getting a replacement this Tuesday. I'll post here once I test it out.

12-15-2014 01:33 AM
    Here is a vendor's picture of where the various carriers placed the microphone for speaker phone use.
    Your case must be made for your carriers phone or modified to work with all.
    If you are not using a case, then you may have a hardware issue.
    Good Luck!
    Ron
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 People can't hear me via speakerphone-note4-microphonelocations.jpg
    Tomster88 and jayrod88 like this.
    12-15-2014 01:18 PM
    Here is a vendor's picture of where the various carriers placed the microphone for speaker phone use.
    Your case must be made for your carriers phone or modified to work with all.
    If you are not using a case, then you may have a hardware issue.
    Good Luck!
    Ron
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Note4-MicrophoneLocations.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	154282
    Yea it's been tested without a case Ave it still has the same problem.

12-15-2014 09:25 PM
    Okay so I have the replacement phone setup. I made 2 calls via the speakerphone in both people said I sounded better. So maybe my first Note 4 unit was just defective. I'm going to try using the speakerphone for a couple days test it out and see what the results are.

12-17-2014 01:47 AM
    Okay so I have the replacement phone setup. I made 2 calls via the speakerphone in both people said I sounded better. So maybe my first Note 4 unit was just defective. I'm going to try using the speakerphone for a couple days test it out and see what the results are.

OK let us know, was it a defective product? do more speakerphone calling.
    12-17-2014 08:57 AM
    OK let us know, was it a defective product? do more speakerphone calling.
    I used the speaker phone about 3 or 4 times today and every time I used it it was fine people said they could hear me just fine. I do think my first unit was defective. I'm going to test the phone for a few more days and I'll post again here

12-17-2014 10:21 PM
    can you provide another update? I have same issue and just got the phone 3 days ago. I am a consultant and use it every day and need to be sure it works as I am speaking to clients constantly. If you are still having luck with the new one, I will also ask for a replacement. If not, its back to Iphone....
    12-23-2014 01:25 PM
    12-23-2014 01:43 PM
    I used the speaker phone about 3 or 4 times today and every time I used it it was fine people said they could hear me just fine. I do think my first unit was defective. I'm going to test the phone for a few more days and I'll post again here

Is the replacement still working as it should? I'm also very worried about this as I just ordered my note 4.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-23-2014 02:30 PM
    I just registed to the site as I too (on Verizon) am having the same issues with my Note 4; purchased the first day it was released for Verizon from Best Buy. Speakerphone is extremely important to me and am in disbelief that a product would have rolled out like this but it appears that this might be the case. Coming from Apple, Note 4 (imo) more attractive compared to the iPhone 6 Plus, and having an issue like this out the gate is making me highly regret my decision. Nothing I can really do about it now but should this be the case, damaged speakerphone mics and not Verizon, it will definitely be a lesson learned.

Original poster, is the new phone perfect or has the issue started back up?

Thanks!
    12-29-2014 12:12 AM
    Is the replacement still working as it should? I'm also very worried about this as I just ordered my note 4.

Posted via Android Central App
    Hey guys. I'm still getting people say from time to time they can't hear me on this replacement phone. I'm really starting to think there is a design flaw with the Note 4 speakerphone. I'm getting highly frustrated with it since I use speakerphone for a lot of calls.

01-07-2015 10:10 PM
    can you provide another update? I have same issue and just got the phone 3 days ago. I am a consultant and use it every day and need to be sure it works as I am speaking to clients constantly. If you are still having luck with the new one, I will also ask for a replacement. If not, its back to Iphone....
    Hey there I just posted below about this. Let me know if you can't find it

01-07-2015 10:11 PM
    This is a hardware flaw. If you look on the bottom of your phone,where the charging port is, there are two small holes. Those are the microphones. What you do is take a small pin or paper clip or whatever and try to clear out those holes. After that, try going to voice recorder or Google Now and see if there is a difference. People should be able to hear you crystal clear now. The only problem is that I have been having to do this like once a week. I wish Samsung made larger microphone holes or something on their phones!
    03-17-2015 05:18 PM
    Just turn off noise reduction from call setting
    It will work fine
    Tomster88 likes this.
    07-20-2015 10:34 AM
    Same problem with my note 4
    I sent it samsung's repairs service they didn't find anything
    With and without case
    07-29-2015 10:34 AM
    Does anyone have a problem with people saying they cannot hear you or your voice is garbled and crackly when you use the speakerphone for calls? I've had 3 or 4 different people tell me in the past two weeks when I use the speakerphone its all garbled and sounds like an AM radio. Is anyone else having this issue? I restored the phone tonight but its still giving me the same problems, the speakerphone just sounds really bad on the other end for the listener. Strangely I can hear their voice is just fine. Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks!

Yep I get this also

07-30-2015 09:09 AM
    Just turn off noise reduction from call setting
    It will work fine
    I'm going to try this. If this is what the solution has been the whole time I'm gonna scream lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    07-31-2015 10:46 AM
    Did turning off the noise reduction work?
    08-12-2015 05:55 AM
    One time a friend couldn't hear me on hangouts but could on the phone which seemed strange, but a reboot fixed it. I seem to remember reading it's got two or three separate microphones.

08-14-2015 11:10 AM
    Any update on this? I have the exact same problem. At&t.

08-14-2015 12:09 PM
48 12