Sprint update!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
There's an update of 114.82MB for our sprint note 4's. Get to tapping that update software button!

Not sure what it does but it's there nonetheless. Maybe an update to get ready for lollipop?

Posted via the Android Central App

StumpyDaGr8

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
i was just dling this update and during the install the phone became really hot like almost burn my fingers hot... anyone else experience this?

like i've seen my phone get hotter than normal but this was an extreme

debsawyer

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
My phone got really hot after the update, also. Just removed the battery, and put it back. Everything's good! I hope this update will fix the Wi-Fi issues.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully it helps with battery like it did for the T-Mobile version when it first came out. Not saying the battery was bad .. but the update just made it even better :).

droidhackzor

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
There's an update of 114.82MB for our sprint note 4's. Get to tapping that update software button!

Not sure what it does but it's there nonetheless. Maybe an update to get ready for lollipop?

Posted via the Android Central App

This update came across my note 4 as well on sprint but it totally broke or disabled the HRM sensor on the back. I don't have a second phone to test but just be aware that this could happen. The light doesn't turn on and the reading always fails.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
This update came across my note 4 as well on sprint but it totally broke or disabled the HRM sensor on the back. I don't have a second phone to test but just be aware that this could happen. The light doesn't turn on and the reading always fails.

I tried it and it still works on mine after the update.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Did you try a battery pull? Mine still works.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
i was just dling this update and during the install the phone became really hot like almost burn my fingers hot... anyone else experience this?

like i've seen my phone get hotter than normal but this was an extreme

No, but is yours ok now??

My phone got really hot after the update, also. Just removed the battery, and put it back. Everything's good! I hope this update will fix the Wi-Fi issues.

Awsome sauce!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully it helps with battery like it did for the T-Mobile version when it first came out. Not saying the battery was bad .. but the update just made it even better :).

Man, my batt would last me a day and a half as it was....if I could get two full days I would send Sammy a thank you card!! :)

Now if we could get rid of the stupid VVM avatar crap I will be happy. Sprint has turned a business phone (well all phones) into a playschool toy.

droidhackzor

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you try a battery pull? Mine still works.

not yet, doing that now though, we'll see if it helps, all i have to say is thankfully, we still can pull the battery and even upgrade them, unllike most other phones.

done, the battery pull worked, you would think that turning off the phone completely and restarting would do the same thing though.

jreuschl

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Makes a noticeable difference to me speed-wise. Definitely feels snappier.

The baseband modem version is different, also. Anyone have comments reception wise?

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My phone was really hot! its never been that hot since I've had it. I think it is a little too soon to see how the update has affected the phone.

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
honestly, not so happy that there is a new update here. Most likely means we won't see the lolipop update for A WHILE.. can't imagine they would do this one and then roll out llp soon. COULD BE, get things sorted on the device first, then do the LLP update, but we'll probably be last.. ;-(