12-26-2014 08:37 PM
78 1234
tools
    One day after the update, battery life is better than normal.
    10 hours
    50%
    On 4G most of the day which usually drains battery quicker (for me).

So far battery life is improved.
    12-12-2014 04:13 PM
    For previous post.

One day after the update, battery life is better than normal.
    10 hours
    50%
    On 4G most of the day which usually drains battery quicker (for me).

So far battery life is improved.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon Note 4 update-1418422475226.jpg  
    jimd1050 likes this.
    12-12-2014 04:14 PM
    Bucked up and went ahead with the update. Everything seems to be here. Phone icon is here. Correct temp and location both stock and my weather radar app. Time is correct.

Really did it because on wi-fi a good deal and seek it out where possible. Can't tell as yet about improved wi-fi. I had not been dropping connection before the update. So not sure what to look for....nothing visibly different with regard ti connection strength.

N4 did not noticeably heat up. It got a little warmer during the upgrade. But that was it. Anything else I should look for to see if there is a glitch?
    12-12-2014 08:33 PM
    That appears to be an Android feature! Get the app "Disable Increasing Ring". It will remove it.
    Good Luck!
    Ron
    Was hoping to get rid of it without having to install a app...Oh well, it ain't a deal breaker for me!
    12-12-2014 09:37 PM
    Did anyone else see the weather icon and temperature show up on their lock screen after this update?

Mine did and it's not even accurate. It's been showing 51° consistently for the last day after installing this update and it's only 32° where I live. We have not seen 51° in weeks.

I checked the settings and I have this disabled but it's still being displayed.
    goin_nil - I found the reason your temperature isn't updating! Go to "Settings" - Check my screenshots for the rest:

Select "Lock Screen" >

Select "Show Information" >

Under "Additional Information" press Weather = On >

Make sure the upper right button is "ON" > "Use Current Location" is "ON" > Change "Auto refresh" to "Every 1 Hour"

...then the weather will be for where you are (via location services) and it will update every hour! Found it after much "Button Pushing"!!!
    fragologist and 64fairlane like this.
    12-12-2014 10:03 PM
    Thanks! That worked. And thanks for such detailed stepsto get there too.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    12-14-2014 11:49 AM
    This update fixed the bluetooth issues I was having with song/title info not showing on my car stereo. All is working well. Yay
    12-14-2014 12:37 PM
    Seriously .... what's the wait? It rolled out to the G3, a phone Verizon is practically giving away.
    12-14-2014 03:59 PM
    Here's the changelog

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=JNoTHMC7

Transparent Amazon Widget
    Compatibility with Gear VR
    ISIS wallet now changed to Softcard
    Updated Galaxy Essential widget
    Screen/font color for non-active items have been made more legible
    Updated Mobile Hotspot to support Spanish
    Fixed an error that prevented access to Security under Settings
    Fixed a compatibility issue between Google Drive and the Office viewer
    Text can now be selected and copied from any Calendar entry
    Fixed email notification issues
    Improved Wi-Fi performance
    Fixed an error affecting Fingerprint scanning
    Microsoft Office Mobile also installs without having to side-load it.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    12-14-2014 04:09 PM
    someone says the update will drill your battery faster
    You mean battery drainer

posted with my note 4
    12-14-2014 07:28 PM
    Geez I don't know. Just decided to take a quick peek at Microsoft Office Mobile as I think a good many are interested in it. Reviews just posted in the last day or so are just hideous. You get the feeling that if they could have awarded 0.00000025 stars, they would have.

Could be other Android users and not N4 guys. But it did not look pretty!
    12-14-2014 07:41 PM
    Yes! I had sideloaded and I got an update Saturday and it updated like normal...

Microsoft Office Mobile also installs without having to side-load it.
    12-15-2014 09:45 AM
    Verizon Galaxy Note 4 1440p After Latest Update!

I can tell you after the update I now can playback 1440p on YouTube! I had orginally had Version 6.0.11 installed and even after the update I could not go higher, but I tried a method and it worked. Hopefully it works for others. Here is what I did:

1. After Update, Forced stopped YouTube 6.0.11.
    2. Cleared cache and data.
    3. Turned off YouTube and it Uninstalled it back to 5.9.0.13.
    4. Now when I went back to this version, I went into youtube and played some videos and the 1080p option was back as I only had 720p before, but I could not select 1080p as it would only do 480p. Not even 720p would stay selected.
    5. So I updated to 6.0.11 through play store and bingo!!! 1440p was and option and working!!! Youtube never looked so good!! Make sure your version of Youtube after it reverts back is 5.9.0.13 and try to play a 1080p video and see if the option is available. If so, update to the 6.0.11 version and you should have 1440p as an option now.

Happy Viewing!!
    This didn't work for me at all after the Verizon update. Version 6.0.11 only has 720 option and when I rolled back to 5.9.0.13 it also only had 720 as the highest option. Did the steps as detailed above and no luck...
    12-16-2014 08:50 AM
    Can anyone confirm if the fingerprint scanner works any better?

Posted via the Android Central App
    It works now which I guess is better than before the update when it didn't work at all.
    12-16-2014 10:51 AM
    This update fixed the bluetooth issues I was having with song/title info not showing on my car stereo. All is working well. Yay
    This update also now allows my Kenwood car stereo to display the name of the SMS message sender (allows reading the Contact list).
    12-16-2014 10:54 AM
    When ARE we getting the Lollipop on Verizon?? =(
    What seemed as reasonable estimates when I got the phone suggested sometime after the first of the year. I haven't heard anything to suggest otherwise.

Without trying to be a smartass, those sort of updates will be when they'll be, with Verizon typically being one of the last carriers to release it. Relax and enjoy the ride.
    12-16-2014 11:29 AM
    Just finished the update. But somehow, I lost the icon for my phone dialer.......I can still press where it is supposed to be and it pulls up the dialer, it has phone underneath it, just no icon. Weird. This happen to anyone else?
    Yes, exactly the same for me as you described! I was going to hold off from the update and hit the install button by mistake! Urgh!
    12-16-2014 05:09 PM
    Just finished the update. But somehow, I lost the icon for my phone dialer.......I can still press where it is supposed to be and it pulls up the dialer, it has phone underneath it, just no icon. Weird. This happen to anyone else?
    Mine did that too... restart the phone and the icon will come back
    Thank you! That worked!
    12-16-2014 05:19 PM
    I was going to hold off on installing as well.... But hit the install button by mistake! I think it did affect my battery!
    12-17-2014 10:35 AM
    My guess is it will based on the bolded item below from the change log (disguised as support for another language). Also saw a recent review in the Play Store for FoxFi that mentions a recent Verizon update broke it. Due to this, as well as I have no use for any of the other listed fixes and my Note 4 runs like a champ with great battery life, I'm not going to take the update and risk messing anything up! If it ain't broke...

"Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update that will improve the performance
    of your Samsung GALAXY Note 4 smartphone.

Software Version KTU84P.N910VVRU1ANJ5

THE FOLLOWING ISSUES HAVE BEEN RESOLVED:
    • Screen/font color for non-active items have been made more legible
    Updated Mobile Hotspot to support Spanish
    • Fixed an error that prevented access to Security under Settings
    • Fixed a compatibility issue between Google Drive and the Office viewer
    • Text can now be selected and copied from any Calendar entry
    • Fixed email notification issues
    • Improved Wi-Fi performance
    • Fixed an error affecting Fingerprint scanning

THE FOLLOWING ARE NOW PRELOADED APPS/SERVICES:
    • Transparent Amazon Widget
    • Compatibility with Gear VR
    • ISIS wallet now changed to Softcard
    • Updated Galaxy Essential widget"
    It is a cat and mouse game. Update, block foxfi, foxfi finds another exploit. Personally I use the unlimited hotspot add-on from Verizon and it works great, though I understand that some people would prefer to violate the terms of service to save money.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    jimd1050 likes this.
    12-17-2014 11:45 AM
    It is a cat and mouse game. Update, block foxfi, foxfi finds another exploit. Personally I use the unlimited hotspot add-on from Verizon and it works great, though I understand that some people would prefer to violate the terms of service to save money.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    12-17-2014 03:08 PM
    Not sure what happened but my youtube app now supports 1440!
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    12-17-2014 06:14 PM
    I just checked my youtube and I'm able to get 1440 too.
    12-17-2014 06:47 PM
    I respect IP. I deal in IP. This doesn't make the TOS always right. I don't even use my tablet anymore but when I did it bugged me that they wanted me to pay money to use the same connection I already pay for with the only 2 eyes that I have. Since I don't even use it now I can't remember the details but I think there is even legislation or a court decision addressing this. To be clear...it is a TOS violation...but I believe a justified one and dpham...do you honor all the TOS? Have you never rooted a device?

"It is a cat and mouse game. Update, block foxfi, foxfi finds another exploit. Personally I use the unlimited hotspot add-on from Verizon and it works great, though I understand that some people would prefer to violate the terms of service to save money. "
    12-18-2014 10:30 AM
    It's BS... I paid for unlimited Data and how I use my data should be my business. If I want to use FoxFi which is part of the Android market I should be able to do that. Verizon is just like the Government, they can't stand not milking their constituents for every last dime they can get out of them. I already pay $350/mo for service... give me a break!
    jimd1050 likes this.
    12-19-2014 02:23 AM
78 1234