Verizon Note 4 update

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Recents button seems to have shed some of it's lag with this update. Yey? (if true, still have to test more) At least in terms of bringing up the list of recent apps (main issue before). Actually switching to the apps still has a slight wait, but never really that bad.

Last edited:

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Since the update the fingerprint scanner will not recognize my fingerprint OR my password.
Thankfully I don't have that set to unlock the phone.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Just finished the update. But somehow, I lost the icon for my phone dialer.......I can still press where it is supposed to be and it pulls up the dialer, it has phone underneath it, just no icon. Weird. This happen to anyone else?

splbound

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Well...since the update my Wifi here at the office won't stay connected. tells me that it is waiting for a better signal, but if I turn wifi off then on again, it connects right up with excellent strength.... Then goes back to 4G... swell.

richt

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Just finished the update. But somehow, I lost the icon for my phone dialer.......I can still press where it is supposed to be and it pulls up the dialer, it has phone underneath it, just no icon. Weird. This happen to anyone else?

Mine did that too... restart the phone and the icon will come back

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine doesn't work at all now, in the update if forgot both my fingerprint and the backup password. It is useless now.

I would strongly suggest deleting all fingerprints and the password before doing the update.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Just updated my phone...

So far it's been running good...Don't notice much difference.
Was really hoping that it gets rid of this ringtone "ascending" volume bug...You know when the phone rings, the ringtone is pretty slow for the 1st second then all of a sudden it GOES to it's normal volume...was hoping that would be fixed but not a deal breaker!

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Don't think I have seen the pop up just yet. Is there a new version number showing up in "about phone"? Wondering if I should just wait or what would happen if I went to "system updates".

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't think I have seen the pop up just yet. Is there a new version number showing up in "about phone"? Wondering if I should just wait or what would happen if I went to "system updates".

...new Build Number after update is XXXXXX.N910V_4.4.4_A024

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna wait a bit on this update before I do it on my Note to see if there are any long term issues as the last verizon update on my previous phone (S4) completely hosed my phone - battery issues, random reboots, etc. I know we're not talking the same phone, but we are talking the same carrier and if they were so careless with an update to another Galaxy phone, I don't trust them with this. Hopefully all is good, but being safe than sorry for now and my Note (and in particular battery life) is going great thus far...

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna wait a bit on this update before I do it on my Note to see if there are any long term issues as the last verizon update on my previous phone (S4) completely hosed my phone - battery issues, random reboots, etc. I know we're not talking the same phone, but we are talking the same carrier and if they were so careless with an update to another Galaxy phone, I don't trust them with this. Hopefully all is good, but being safe than sorry for now and my Note (and in particular battery life) is going great thus far...

30 hours in and NO PROBLEMS!

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone else see the weather icon and temperature show up on their lock screen after this update?

Mine did and it's not even accurate. It's been showing 51° consistently for the last day after installing this update and it's only 32° where I live. We have not seen 51° in weeks.

I checked the settings and I have this disabled but it's still being displayed.

Attachments

• 1418354002950.jpg
    1418354002950.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz