Verizon Note 4 update

TheGauntlet

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I just updated my Verizon Note 4 half hour ago. Fingerprint scanner works fine, all passwords intact, all settings intact, no unusual behavior at all. Obviously too soon to tell if battery life is affected positively or negatively. Can't say whether WiFi is improved because I'm sitting right next to my router and the signal is perfect. It didn't lose any of the wifi passwords either. If my experience is typical, I'd say go ahead with it.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone else see the weather icon and temperature show up on their lock screen after this update?

Mine did and it's not even accurate. It's been showing 51° consistently for the last day after installing this update and it's only 32° where I live. We have not seen 51° in weeks.

I checked the settings and I have this disabled but it's still being displayed.

Wow... I hadn't noticed - but my lock screen times out so quickly if I don't plug in my password, it's barely noticeable. However, my temperature icon is correct/changes and shows my location!

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
...Was really hoping that it gets rid of this ringtone "ascending" volume bug...You know when the phone rings, the ringtone is pretty slow for the 1st second then all of a sudden it GOES to it's normal volume...was hoping that would be fixed but not a deal breaker!
That appears to be an Android feature! Get the app "Disable Increasing Ring". It will remove it.
Good Luck!
Ron

JP Steel

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Verizon Galaxy Note 4 1440p After Latest Update!

I can tell you after the update I now can playback 1440p on YouTube! I had orginally had Version 6.0.11 installed and even after the update I could not go higher, but I tried a method and it worked. Hopefully it works for others. Here is what I did:

1. After Update, Forced stopped YouTube 6.0.11.
2. Cleared cache and data.
3. Turned off YouTube and it Uninstalled it back to 5.9.0.13.
4. Now when I went back to this version, I went into youtube and played some videos and the 1080p option was back as I only had 720p before, but I could not select 1080p as it would only do 480p. Not even 720p would stay selected.
5. So I updated to 6.0.11 through play store and bingo!!! 1440p was and option and working!!! Youtube never looked so good!! Make sure your version of Youtube after it reverts back is 5.9.0.13 and try to play a 1080p video and see if the option is available. If so, update to the 6.0.11 version and you should have 1440p as an option now.

Happy Viewing!!

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
My fingerprint scanner still works really well and my battery life has actually been pretty solid. Not as noticable, but it feels slightly improved.

Posted via the Android Central App

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
One day after the update, battery life is better than normal.
10 hours
50%
On 4G most of the day which usually drains battery quicker (for me).

So far battery life is improved.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
For previous post.

One day after the update, battery life is better than normal.
10 hours
50%
On 4G most of the day which usually drains battery quicker (for me).

So far battery life is improved.

Attachments

• 1418422475226.jpg
    1418422475226.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 109

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Bucked up and went ahead with the update. Everything seems to be here. Phone icon is here. Correct temp and location both stock and my weather radar app. Time is correct.

Really did it because on wi-fi a good deal and seek it out where possible. Can't tell as yet about improved wi-fi. I had not been dropping connection before the update. So not sure what to look for....nothing visibly different with regard ti connection strength.

N4 did not noticeably heat up. It got a little warmer during the upgrade. But that was it. Anything else I should look for to see if there is a glitch?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone else see the weather icon and temperature show up on their lock screen after this update?

Mine did and it's not even accurate. It's been showing 51° consistently for the last day after installing this update and it's only 32° where I live. We have not seen 51° in weeks.

I checked the settings and I have this disabled but it's still being displayed.
goin_nil - I found the reason your temperature isn't updating! Go to "Settings" - Check my screenshots for the rest:

One.jpg

Select "Lock Screen" >

Two.jpg

Select "Show Information" >

Three.jpg

Under "Additional Information" press Weather = On >

Four.jpg

Make sure the upper right button is "ON" > "Use Current Location" is "ON" > Change "Auto refresh" to "Every 1 Hour"

...then the weather will be for where you are (via location services) and it will update every hour! Found it after much "Button Pushing"!!!

Last edited:

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
This update fixed the bluetooth issues I was having with song/title info not showing on my car stereo. All is working well. Yay :)

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Here's the changelog

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...fits-galaxy-note-4-12-9-14.pdf&token=h_oNLXE9

Transparent Amazon Widget
Compatibility with Gear VR
ISIS wallet now changed to Softcard
Updated Galaxy Essential widget
Screen/font color for non-active items have been made more legible
Updated Mobile Hotspot to support Spanish
Fixed an error that prevented access to Security under Settings
Fixed a compatibility issue between Google Drive and the Office viewer
Text can now be selected and copied from any Calendar entry
Fixed email notification issues
Improved Wi-Fi performance
Fixed an error affecting Fingerprint scanning

Microsoft Office Mobile also installs without having to side-load it.