For the really techy/nerdy needy crowd that needs the validation that their device has cool specs:

Corning Gorilla Glass 4 on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    keyzlife likes this.
    12-10-2014 02:54 PM
    Gorilla Glass 4 is great, but still don't wipe it in a dusty atmosphere with a dry tissue - it's not as hard as the corundum particles in the air (they're small enough that they go through most filters, and so light that air resistance keeps them from falling) and they can leave long, deep, very narrow scratches. (And it's the very narrow ones - the ones that are only few wavelengths of light wide, that are the most annoying.) Either use a lens tissue dampened (not wet) with lens cleaner or use a plastic (or tempered glass, if you prefer) protector. It's cheaper replacing a 3 for $5 plastic protector than having the glass on the phone replaced. A LOT cheaper.

It also won't protect the phone if you drop it so that the shock is through the cleavage plane of the glass, even if it's a small drop. That's what TPU cases with silicone liners are for.
    12-10-2014 03:23 PM
    Gorilla Glass 4 is great, but still don't wipe it in a dusty atmosphere with a dry tissue - it's not as hard as the corundum particles in the air (they're small enough that they go through most filters, and so light that air resistance keeps them from falling) and they can leave long, deep, very narrow scratches. (And it's the very narrow ones - the ones that are only few wavelengths of light wide, that are the most annoying.) Either use a lens tissue dampened (not wet) with lens cleaner or use a plastic (or tempered glass, if you prefer) protector. It's cheaper replacing a 3 for $5 plastic protector than having the glass on the phone replaced. A LOT cheaper.

It also won't protect the phone if you drop it so that the shock is through the cleavage plane of the glass, even if it's a small drop. That's what TPU cases with silicone liners are for.
    My gawd man......
    hdhuntr and GrassyKnoll312 like this.
    12-10-2014 04:47 PM
    For the really techy/nerdy needy crowd that needs the validation that their device has cool specs:

Corning Gorilla Glass 4 on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    It's a typo. The Note 4 has Gorilla Glass 3....Read this....

It's official: the Galaxy Alpha is the first device with Gorilla Glass 4

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gori...oe=&gws_rd=ssl
    12-10-2014 05:01 PM
    Not a typo. The Alpha was the first, just not the last. The Note 4 is still listed on the Corning site as having GG 4.
    12-15-2014 11:22 AM
    There is another whole thread with numerous links supporting G4 as well. I saw the G3 reference before all those came out.

Not a typo. The Alpha was the first, just not the last. The Note 4 is still listed on the Corning site as having GG 4.
    12-15-2014 02:57 PM
    Really!! I have cleaned all my devices with "Hahhh" or spit and my shirt and none have been damaged. And never ever used a screen protector...

My gawd man......
    12-15-2014 02:59 PM
    It. is. not. G4. on. the. N4. At time of production of the N4, G4 wasn't ready for implementation so the G3 was used. The G4 was ready for the Alpha....hence it's the first....

Maybe the new N4 with the 810 SoC that might be released only in Korea will have G4......but not ours.
    12-17-2014 04:57 AM
    Really!! I have cleaned all my devices with "Hahhh" or spit and my shirt and none have been damaged. And never ever used a screen protector...
    My reply had nothing to do with the G4...or screen protectors.... but rather the technical details that only a physicist could understand! Meant to be more of a joke....
    12-17-2014 04:59 AM
    True, I don't know the technical details...but I know enough to 'get' it now that you say it...but you should be happy it also worked on the level of a succinct comment about the level of overkill in the post. And if any of what was said was correct I guess my real world example is my own response (which I was going to say separately anyhow.

My reply had nothing to do with the G4...or screen protectors.... but rather the technical details that only a physicist could understand! Meant to be more of a joke....
    12-17-2014 09:39 AM
    It. is. not. G4. on. the. N4. At time of production of the N4, G4 wasn't ready for implementation so the G3 was used. The G4 was ready for the Alpha....hence it's the first....

Maybe the new N4 with the 810 SoC that might be released only in Korea will have G4......but not ours.

So if this GG4 listing by Corning is only for future N4's, why would they list it now as GG4?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    12-17-2014 07:20 PM

If it's listed on the site, how can you dispute it?

Posted via the Android Central App
    hdhuntr likes this.
    12-17-2014 09:21 PM

The Alpha was the first to have it, which launched in September, the Note 4 came out in October. And as already pointed out, Corning's own site says the Note 4 has GG4.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    12-18-2014 02:02 PM
    https://www.google.com/search?q=does...oe=&gws_rd=ssl

Here is a Google link. Some sites say it has GG4. Some sites say it has GG3. Form your own opinion but just because the Alpha has it doesn't mean in any way the N4 does.
    12-18-2014 05:34 PM
    People make typo's ya know??

Google it. Some sites it has it, some say it doesn't. Form your own opinion....mine is that it's not.
    12-18-2014 05:36 PM