Password/fingerprint always required even though set to 5 minutes

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the "secured lock time" set to 5 minutes in my lockscreen/fingerprint settings. However, despite this, if I push my power button to put my phone to sleep, and then I immediately push it again to turn my phone back on, I'm always required to scan my fingerprint/enter my password.

I thought by choosing 5 minutes, it should only require me to scan fingerprint/enter password if I don't use my phone for roughly 5 minutes. But it seems that if I put my phone to sleep by hitting the power button, I'm always required to scan fingerprint, no matter how little time has passed.

Any ideas? I've tried every setting (15 seconds all the way to 1 hour) and they all do the same thing. I've also tried turning fingerprint security off, and then on again. No help.

The only thing that comes to mind is that I do have an Exchange email setup that has a security policy. But it also allows 15 minutes. AND, I have it installed through the email app Nine, and I have Nine set to only operate security on the application level rather than the device level. So I don't see how Nine could possibly be requiring me to enter a fingerprint.

Would greatly appreciate any input!

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
On the same screen in the settings menu (Settings-->Lock Screen)

Do you have "Lock instantly with power key" checked? If so, whenever you turn the screen off with the power button, it is the same as letting the 5 minute timer go off.

1KGLReS.jpg

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
On the same screen in the settings menu (Settings-->Lock Screen)

Do you have "Lock instantly with power key" checked? If so, whenever you turn the screen off with the power button, it is the same as letting the 5 minute timer go off.

View attachment 153506

Thank you. That was part of the problem.

The other part is that I was using a widget to put my phone to sleep. Apparently, using the widget puts the phone to sleep and causes it to lock. Just using my power button puts it to sleep without locking it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs