11-02-2015 10:21 AM
186 12345 ...
tools
    It seems like the flash is pretty rare, but i'll mess around with it some to see for sure what it does. I just know that like others have mentioned, most of my photos are of my little girls and having to go through each setting to optimize it perfectly makes me miss the moment. I always thought that was what 'auto mode' was supposed to do for me. If it can't, it needs to have a software fix so that it can. And i'm not just talking about low light situations. I get blur in my shots outside on a sunny day. I don't expect to get award winning photography in Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland by any means. I just want to see crisp photos in outdoor settings when it's daytime.
    Wow...if your Note 4 cameras photos are not crisp in the daytime there might be something to the some phones have different camera sensor theories. Outside I have not had a camera take better pictures moving subjects or not. I have used A LOT of smartphone cameras. It is my inner nerd hobby (obsession).
    12-12-2014 05:05 PM
    It seems like the flash is pretty rare, but i'll mess around with it some to see for sure what it does. I just know that like others have mentioned, most of my photos are of my little girls and having to go through each setting to optimize it perfectly makes me miss the moment. I always thought that was what 'auto mode' was supposed to do for me. If it can't, it needs to have a software fix so that it can. And i'm not just talking about low light situations. I get blur in my shots outside on a sunny day. I don't expect to get award winning photography in Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland by any means. I just want to see crisp photos in outdoor settings when it's daytime.
    Wow...if your Note 4 cameras photos are not crisp in the daytime there might be something to the "some phones have different camera sensor theories". Outside I have not had a phone camera take better pictures, moving subjects or not. I have used A LOT of smartphone cameras. It is my inner nerd hobby (obsession).
    12-12-2014 05:05 PM
    Can the people who've gotten good "moving in low light" pictures with flash etc. But no blur post some example images?
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    12-12-2014 05:08 PM
    Can the people who've gotten good "moving in low light" pictures with flash etc. But no blur post some example images?
    No problem. I'll mess around with it tonight and get some comparison shots. Unfortunately, I cleared off my SD card photos about a week ago (2 devices worth) otherwise I think I would have had some.
    meg2013 likes this.
    12-12-2014 05:09 PM
    Wow...if your Note 4 cameras photos are not crisp in the daytime there might be something to the "some phones have different camera sensor theories". Outside I have not had a phone camera take better pictures, moving subjects or not. I have used A LOT of smartphone cameras. It is my inner nerd hobby (obsession).
    That's why i'm convinced that some have different hardware. If the subject in my photo is still like a structure or scenery, the photos look outstanding. But if it's photos of cars driving, kids running, a flag flapping, etc.... it comes out as a big blur even in daytime lighting.
    12-12-2014 05:49 PM
    This is just a thought, as Im new to the Note 4 having given up on my iphone 6. The camcorder seems very capable of low light video. I would think, given he quality of the camcorder, you could film in 4k, pause the image anywhere, and pull very nice stills from it. Am I off base with this?
    12-12-2014 06:00 PM
    That's why i'm convinced that some have different hardware. If the subject in my photo is still like a structure or scenery, the photos look outstanding. But if it's photos of cars driving, kids running, a flag flapping, etc.... it comes out as a big blur even in daytime lighting.
    On daytime I can take pictures of cars driving.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...rs-motion.html

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    12-12-2014 06:09 PM
    You do have to keep the camera steady. But if you are steady with ample light, I think the Note 4 takes a great shot. Clear with a lot of clarity and details. The 6Plus can not keep up due to the lack of mega pixels. If I am out side or in good light, I never use the 6Plus camera as I feel I am missing out on how good the Note 4 shot will be!
    I beg to differ. If I do the same as you said here with my 6+ it takes a great shot as well. I miss the lack part you describe.
    12-12-2014 06:45 PM
    Here's an idea. I may walk into a Verizon store and use an associates or store demo and see if i get the same results.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-12-2014 06:49 PM
    I beg to differ. If I do the same as you said here with my 6+ it takes a great shot as well. I miss the lack part you describe.
    I agree the iPhone 6plus shot will be great. It's just that outside well lit scenarios are the Note 4's bread and butter. The detail and cropping ability are much better than the 6plus in this type of setting. My second choice would be the 6plus....just not my first choice.

12-12-2014 07:03 PM
    Is this what you're talking about? If yes, the trick it to keep the phone steady in one position. Do not follow the moving object, the moving object pretty much has to pass/run in front of you, do not follow it tho.

How did you get this picture like that? It's pretty cool. I don't use the camera features like I should.
    12-12-2014 07:18 PM
    Is this what you're talking about? If yes, the trick it to keep the phone steady in one position. Do not follow the moving object, the moving object pretty much has to pass/run in front of you, do not follow it tho.

How did you get your pic to come out like that?
    12-12-2014 09:06 PM
    How did you get your pic to come out like that?
    It's in the "shot & more" mode. One of the effects you can get out of a burst shot.
    TheDarkKnight0818 likes this.
    12-12-2014 09:50 PM
    People need to adjust their expectations when coming from the iPhone. No other smartphone camera takes pictures as quickly as an iPhone can in low light. The iPhone has larger pixels than any other smartphone camera, which can take in more light at once, and thus has the fastest shutter speed in low light since it doesn't need to keep the shutter open for long to receive all the light it needs, thus reducing blur. The sensor is "only" 8 megapixels because each pixel is bigger than normal and takes up the same amount of space as most 13MP cameras on Android phones. The iPhone's pixels are1.4/1.5 microns big as opposed to the smaller 1.1 micron average. It will obviously still pale in comparison to the comparatively gigantic ones on a DSLR and be slower and noisier, but it is well ahead of other smartphone cameras otherwise.

The Galaxy Note 4 relies heavily on longer exposure and slower shutter speeds, leaning heavily on its optical image stabilization, to take low light shots. They actually overdo it and leave it longer than it should, resulting in overly bright (compared to the actual scene) and glowy pictures from overexposure. This means any sort of motion within the frame will blur. Cameras like the Galaxy S4 that don't have optical image stabilization will instead jack up the ISO and take noisy but fast shots. It's a delicate balance between ISO and shutter speed and unfortunately for many, Samsung and many others that have optical image stabilization will opt to use slower shutter speed and lower ISO to take a bright low light shot that blurs any objects that move. Whatever ISO settings they may offer won't override the default tendency for longer shutter/exposure. The only way to remedy this is being able to set your own shutter speed, which won't happen until the Note 4 gets updated to 5.0 Lollipop and you use a third party camera app that allows for fast shutter.

Also the theory that there are different sensors/lenses is untrue, unless you buy an international model of the Note 4, some of which include an ISOCELL sensor instead of the IMX240. The US models should all be identical. Neither of them are that different from each other and it won't change the way Samsung has programmed their camera software to rely heavily on longer shutter/exposure.

If fast low light shots is a high priority, the iPhone is much better for this.
    Fluffyman and saiyyasuka pon like this.
    12-12-2014 10:57 PM
    It's in the "shot & more" mode. One of the effects you can get out of a burst shot.
    Where would I find this "shot and more" mode and the burst shot?
    12-12-2014 11:18 PM
    Like I mentioned earlier, when I am in a low light situation with my 2 year old, l make sure the flash is on. Worth the flash on I never had a problem work motion in low light. This makes perfect sense to me.
    janineh22 likes this.
    12-12-2014 11:33 PM
    If fast low light shots is a high priority, the iPhone is much better for this.
    This guy here nailed it.
    But I want to add that the iPhone takes sharper pictures in daylight too.

Pull out a Note 4 from your pocket and take a quick photo from something, the image will be blurred, now make that with the iPhone 6 and it will be very sharp.

I want to slap Samsung for ruining such an important aspect of this otherwise perfect phone.
    12-13-2014 04:57 AM
    This guy here nailed it.
    But I want to add that the iPhone takes sharper pictures in daylight too.

Pull out a Note 4 from your pocket and take a quick photo from something, the image will be blurred, now make that with the iPhone 6 and it will be very sharp.

I want to slap Samsung for ruining such an important aspect of this otherwise perfect phone.
    And again. Why is almost every single review site giving the note 4 flying colors for its camera when it is sub par?

12-13-2014 06:14 AM
    Go in a store and test it for yourself instead of believing every test.
    12-13-2014 07:54 AM
    So, this still begs the question.... Are you all sticking with the Note, issues and all?
    12-13-2014 08:04 AM
    So, this still begs the question.... Are you all sticking with the Note, issues and all?
    Absolutely. I used the 6p for about a week. Great phone but I still much prefer Android,and for me, the note 4 takes care of all my needs. The only disappointment is the camera and for me, it is acceptable

12-13-2014 08:17 AM
    Yeah, I'm torn. Amazing battery, Android, screen, and everything else vs. Camera that can capture kid memories in the moment.
    12-13-2014 08:37 AM
    The Note 4 camera a disappointment? This thread is from the Twilight Zone. I am not arguing anyone's results. Just that most users are having bipolar opposite results. Does not make any sense.

joe.kent likes this.
    12-13-2014 09:44 AM
    Only under very specific circumstances. Indoor light and moving subject. Otherwise, it's great.
    12-13-2014 09:48 AM
    The Note 4 camera a disappointment? This thread is from the Twilight Zone. I am not arguing anyone's results. Just that most users are having bipolar opposite results. Does not make any sense.

Most have issue with low light motion with Auto everything. Yes you can tweak it but not everyone wants to deal with that

12-13-2014 09:53 AM
186 12345 ...