11-02-2015 09:21 AM
186 ... 5678
tools
    I have the 6 plus as well and photos are night and day ahead of the note.
    Really? I have both phones as well. My experience has been Note 4 consistently better then the 6 Plus. You find outdoor photos to be better on the 6Plus? Maybe you have a faulty camera on the Note 4. Other than lowlight motion ( and to be honest they are both about the same in this regard ) the Note 4 is a much better cameta.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-13-2015 04:29 AM
    This is off topic, What has better battery life for you 6+ or note 4?
    I have a 6+ and i love the battery life but i miss my note 3.
    The Note 4 has really good life but my iPhone 6+ seems to win by a very small margin. As always this can vary greatly due to usage but the idle drain on my 6+ is really really low. The Note 4 is good as well but the "lock down" of iOS seems to help in this department.

Either way -- both get great life -- and if you're are a heavy user the Note 4 is pretty much better since you can simply carry a spare battery and go from a low battery to 100% in a 30 second swap.
    01-13-2015 12:19 PM
    Really? I have both phones as well. My experience has been Note 4 consistently better then the 6 Plus. You find outdoor photos to be better on the 6Plus? Maybe you have a faulty camera on the Note 4. Other than lowlight motion ( and to be honest they are both about the same in this regard ) the Note 4 is a much better cameta.

This is one of those it depends on so many factors it is hard to say which one wins (at least in my opinion). I have taken some beautiful shots with my Note 4. I look at them and go "Dang .. that is so crisp" but I have also done the same with my 6+ -- Just like some shots I have taken with my Note 4 blur and then I take a similar shot on my 6+ going "oh man that is going to blur" and it doesn't. Both have their strengths and weaknesses for sure .. it just takes so many factors to see how a picture turns out.
    01-13-2015 12:24 PM
    I didn't read through the whole thread so I'm not sure if it has been posted or not. Download Camerazoomfx or Google camera and look at the difference in focus compared with the stock camera app. I do not understand for the life lf me how Samsung cannot fix this focus issue.
    01-14-2015 11:47 AM
    I came over from a windows Nokia Lumia 920 and am disappointed in the N4's camera. I thought the 920's optical image stabilization, low light capability and user interface were far superior to the N4.

01-14-2015 11:57 AM
    I was really hoping I was doing something wrong and that I'd find a solution to this issue in this thread. I absolutely LOVE my Note 4, but I need to take good low light motion pics also. Very disappointing.
    02-04-2015 06:11 AM
    This is not motion but it's real:

6 Plus:
    Note 4 camera and moving objects (i.e. kids)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1423054574.592702.jpg

Note 4:
    Note 4 camera and moving objects (i.e. kids)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1423054607.446564.jpg

Both these shots look good enough to me but if I had to choose a favorite it would be the shot from the 6 Plus.
    02-04-2015 06:57 AM
    Both these shots look good enough to me but if I had to choose a favorite it would be the shot from the 6 Plus.
    Which is why I find these "which camera is really better" threads interesting to read. From my amateur photographer's perspective, the Note 4 picture is a better "shot" than the 6+.

But the two pictures are close enough that different perspectives will have different preferences.
    02-04-2015 07:23 AM
    Have you guys tried the Google Camera app w/ flash on? I just read about it and tried it, but only a few snaps. I'm wondering if I'm getting my hopes up for nothing. I'm gonna try again in a bit when my daughter wakes up.
    02-04-2015 07:37 AM
    This is not motion but it's real:

6 Plus:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423054574.592702.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	161829

Note 4:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423054607.446564.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	161830

To my eye the iPhone camera looks a lot better. Both good though yes but the coloring looks better on the 6 plus to me. All our eyes have different preferences though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-04-2015 11:54 AM
    Try the Note 4 in HDR for a shot like that and it will look better
    02-04-2015 01:35 PM
    To my eye the iPhone camera looks a lot better. Both good though yes but the coloring looks better on the 6 plus to me. All our eyes have different preferences though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have to agree. I like the coloring from the 6+ better.
    02-04-2015 01:46 PM
    This always seems to be Samsung's weakness. They keep bumping up the megapixels but dont fix the lens. My 8mp iPhone 6 takes much better indoor pics than my Note 4 and my wife's S5. Just for this reason alone I still keep my iPhone around. Hopefully this will be fixed with the S6.
    02-04-2015 02:19 PM
    I hardly see the camera on the Note 4 as Samsung's weakness. I just prefer the color results from the iPhone's. If I wasn't doing a side by side comparison I prolly wouldn't even notice.

from the °4°
    02-05-2015 02:56 AM
    I hardly see the camera on the Note 4 as Samsung's weakness. I just prefer the color results from the iPhone's. If I wasn't doing a side by side comparison I prolly wouldn't even notice.

from the °4°
    Are you saying that the color was more accurate on the 6 plus or you just like the color it reproduced better?
    02-05-2015 10:26 AM
    Are you saying that the color was more accurate on the 6 plus or you just like the color it reproduced better?
    It seems more accurate AND I like it better. However, the Note 4's images are considerably better than my Note 3's low-light photos.

from the °4°
    02-05-2015 12:40 PM
    Have you guys tried the Google Camera app w/ flash on? I just read about it and tried it, but only a few snaps. I'm wondering if I'm getting my hopes up for nothing. I'm gonna try again in a bit when my daughter wakes up.
    I've started playing with it, but it seems to capture low-light movement better.

02-05-2015 01:30 PM
    I had the 6 plus first and moved to a note 4 I regretted it ever since..

Well only for the camera

When you take a non moving object it's great. When your taking pics of kids or something moving TERRIBLE.. THE PROCESSOR TAKES ABOUT A HALF SECOND.. AND WITH A LITTLE KID THAT CAN BE DIFFICULT..

HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES

AND YES I TRIED ALL THE TWEAKS AND ISO AND NO HDR AND SPORTS MODE AND STILL THE SAME CRAPPY RESULT..
    I'M ALMOST CERTAIN THIS HAS NO IMAGE STABILIZATION BEC THE IPHONE 6 YOU CAN CLEARLY TELL IT IS ON AND WORKING

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 camera and moving objects (i.e. kids)-20150111_161905.jpg   Note 4 camera and moving objects (i.e. kids)-20150102_200916.jpg  
    02-05-2015 02:56 PM

Well only for the camera

When you take a non moving object it's great. When your taking pics of kids or something moving TERRIBLE.. THE PROCESSOR TAKES ABOUT A HALF SECOND.. AND WITH A LITTLE KID THAT CAN BE DIFFICULT..

HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES

AND YES I TRIED ALL THE TWEAKS AND ISO AND NO HDR AND SPORTS MODE AND STILL THE SAME CRAPPY RESULT..
    I'M ALMOST CERTAIN THIS HAS NO IMAGE STABILIZATION BEC THE IPHONE 6 YOU CAN CLEARLY TELL IT IS ON AND WORKING

Why do you say no image stabilization? It has nothing to do with movement within the framed picture, it only compensates (to a degree) for the movement of the camera itself and the stationery objects in the picture are not blurred. Until there is explicit user control of shutter speed available, this motion blur will continue to be an issue.
    02-05-2015 03:08 PM

Well only for the camera

HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES

So would you go back if you could or do the other things about the note make it up for you?
    02-05-2015 03:39 PM
    I would go back in a heartbeat..
    But I'm too heavily invested on the note 4 extra SD card / batter / adaptive fast charger for the car/ etc

I miss the iPhone interface and imessage.. I really just miss how good the camera looked on the iPhone 6 plus.. The video recording is much smoother and won't give you a headache while watching.. And camera quality an non blurry pics is enough to reel me back in.. Those who say turn hdr off for the note 4 why? You shouldn't need to do that. My hdr was always on on the 6 plus an never encountered problem or blurry images...

02-05-2015 08:54 PM
    This might be an extreme example. Kids bouncing on trampolines with a mesh net in front of the lense. I used the "sports" setting.

Still blurry, but we are talking kids on a trampoline.....

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 camera and moving objects (i.e. kids)-20150124_155119.jpg   Note 4 camera and moving objects (i.e. kids)-20150124_154819.jpg  
    02-05-2015 09:47 PM

Well only for the camera

HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES

Did you try the Google camera app? Download it and try and let me know if you get any better results.
    02-05-2015 11:40 PM
    Tried the Google camera and it sucked look

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 camera and moving objects (i.e. kids)-img_20150205_233511.jpg  
    02-06-2015 01:38 AM
    This is regular stock camera

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 camera and moving objects (i.e. kids)-20150205_233522.jpg  
    02-06-2015 01:39 AM
186 ... 5678