11-02-2015 10:21 AM
186 ... 678
tools
    I had the 6 plus first and moved to a note 4 I regretted it ever since..

Well only for the camera

When you take a non moving object it's great. When your taking pics of kids or something moving TERRIBLE.. THE PROCESSOR TAKES ABOUT A HALF SECOND.. AND WITH A LITTLE KID THAT CAN BE DIFFICULT..

HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES

AND YES I TRIED ALL THE TWEAKS AND ISO AND NO HDR AND SPORTS MODE AND STILL THE SAME CRAPPY RESULT..
    I'M ALMOST CERTAIN THIS HAS NO IMAGE STABILIZATION BEC THE IPHONE 6 YOU CAN CLEARLY TELL IT IS ON AND WORKING

Posted via the Android Central App
    For moving kids shots, I use burst mode. Most of them end up blurry in lots of motion (more so on the note 4,but plenty of blur on the 6p too, in my usage). Usually I can get maybe one or two usable pictures out of a 30 picture burst. Of course 6p is better on this regard, and most certainly if moving pictures is your highest priority then the 6p would be the best choice.

I posted a thread very close to release on this topic, let people know, and make the best decision for them.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    02-06-2015 10:31 AM
    Tried the Google camera and it sucked look

Lol, I'm talking about for movement in lowish light situations. The stock camera app is wonderful for most situations, but for movement CameraZoomFX and the Google Camera do a much better job of holding focus. I am not sure where Samsung is going wrong, but the camera has a very hard time holding focus, resulting in blurry photos too often.
    02-06-2015 01:20 PM
    More than likely when we get Lollipop 5.1 in about June and can download "Camera FV-5" and what little slight advantage the 6+ may have on JUST low light pictures with a "moving" subject will entirely vanish and the Note 4 camera will be better to FAR better in every category instead of the 98% of categories that it is now.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mera.pro&hl=en
    psychok9 likes this.
    02-07-2015 10:51 AM
    I am so dissatisfied with the Note4 camera - hard to capture the kids, odd pixelation and over saturation that Sammy phones seem to produce I have just put my sim card back in my Xperia z1 compact. The size comparison is making me laugh but the camera works so much better.

I am really not sure that the Sony's camera should be that much better but the results I had from it last year were stunning and I love the physical camera button. The camera is the key feature on a phone for me and I have tried and tried and tried with the N4 but just don't like it's pics.

I feel sad to give up the Note 4 as there's much else to like but imho NOT the camera.
    02-18-2015 07:35 AM
    I have read a few posts about this, but I haven't seen anyone post a solution they loved.

I adore my note 4, but I'm about to go exchange it for an iphone 6 (I know, I know). I love android and all the functionality, and the note 4 is great. But - I can't, for the life of me, get it to take good pictures of objects that are always slightly in motion - most specifically, my kids indoors. I have a million pictures with kids' faces blurry. I have tried sports mode. I have tried playing with the ISO. I have tried doing burst mode (helped a tiny bit). I am still just getting tons of blur. My phone camera is the primary camera I always have with me. I borrowed my mom's iphone 6 to see if it's just me, and I can get clear, fast pics, pretty much every time with her phone camera, no adjustment needed.

Help me! I by far prefer the note, but if I can't get good pictures, it will have to go.
    Hope u didn't get the iPhone anyway go in to your setting a select the action mode that will speed up the camera and will catch that fast moving stuff you guys just need to stop shooting in auto mode learn how to use your options by the way if your shooting in low light action shots most if not all cell phones will fell including the iPhone here's a hint get yourself a dslr yes a real camera where the sensor and shutter speed are why better so keep the note and get a camera

02-19-2015 08:22 AM
    I just downloaded the standard google camera and I have a smile on my face. This confirms this can be fixed with updates and is a post processing issue.

I have used a Note 1 for three years and never had this problem. My uncle's cheap Galaxy Ace never had this problem too. Somebody decided to add this *feature* cranking up the sharpness so high that it ends up like oil paint.

If you look at the standard Google camera pics in fact they have more noise. More black dots when you zoom in. But this makes a softer smoother finish that we are used to.
    03-03-2015 02:25 AM
    Lol, I'm talking about for movement in lowish light situations. The stock camera app is wonderful for most situations, but for movement CameraZoomFX and the Google Camera do a much better job of holding focus. I am not sure where Samsung is going wrong, but the camera has a very hard time holding focus, resulting in blurry photos too often.
    It's just the image processing...probably the main reason I miss the iphone honestly...the damn camera.

Apple has got some serious R&D put into their image processing department.

03-03-2015 11:32 PM
    It's just the image processing...probably the main reason I miss the iphone honestly...the damn camera.

Apple has got some serious R&D put into their image processing department.

Samsung also has some serious R&D in theirs. This phone takes some amazing shots!
    03-06-2015 11:00 AM
    I use Sports Mode for moving object shots. You can download it for free from the Galaxy app store.

03-06-2015 02:33 PM
    Hold the focus button ....that big circle and your pics will clear up
    03-06-2015 02:37 PM
    Yes indoor shots with motion is bad on Note 4. I've tested several different camera apps, and found Google camera app to be best with setting HDR on and exposure to -2. Shot is grainy, but this can capture motions best. Another option is to just take UHD video, and pull frames from it, using UHD video as sort of "low light burst shots". UHD video is better than single still shots in being less grainy and also deliver high number of frames so you can be sure to capture exact shot you want.
    11-02-2015 10:21 AM
186 ... 678