Note 4: Which Launcher Do you use? Why?

What Launcher are you using?

• Total voters
Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm a huge fan of Nova Prime. I love all the customizations and flexibility. I also use Themer. Love the categorized app drawer and how it makes your phone look totally unique.

jennifer

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with Buzz Launcher? I just installed it and there's a lot of customizability with it as well as a lot of user created themes, gestures too.

yep, i use it exclusively. perhaps you can do the same stuff with nova but i'm already used to the buzz launcher and widget interface. i customize using very few icons and i keep everything suuuper tiny and buzz works perfectly for it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Tried action launcher 3 and while its good, it lacks customisation especially in icon packs.

So reverted back to my favorite Apex launcher :)

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I wish there was a comprehensive list of what we lose when we switch launchers....I've heard all kinds of stuff. I guess it's easy enough to switch back and forth though and if you don't notice missing something then maybe it's not that big of a deal anyways...I think for me, I need to have this phone using TW to understand all the features of the phone....then switch to Nova and see if I notice missing something

ArtVandelay

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Good post.

I generally use Nova Prime on all devices. The only thing I feel it's lacking is the swipe left for Google Now like the GEL has. Other than that, it's amazing. It must not be possible to add the swipe left feature, because you'd figure it'd be included by now. I also love the Lollipop integrations.

For a while, I played around with the GEL, and tweaked the things it was lacking with Xposed GEL app. That allowed me to tinker with icon size, grid, etc.

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
Nova Prime. Tried to stomach Touchwiz for a couple days out of the box, but couldn't stand the bad use of space and responsiveness. Set up Nova in a few seconds to what i had on my last phone (S4) and love the flexibility to use gestures (including double tap the screen to turn it off which is cool, and swipe down from anywhere to get the notification bar down instead of the LONG reach to the top of this big phone!), fit more apps in the grid in the app area, fix padding for widgets, resizing app icons on the screens, add quicker response, etc, etc.

So regarding lost functionality from chucking TouchWiz - the one I'm aware of is posting S-Notes to home screens won't work. What else is lost?

I see the option for "Double Tap" but I don't see an option to make it turn off the screen when I double tap. How'd you do it?

anon(25362)

May 20, 2010
Visit site
sad sad...just paid for Nova a couple of months ago for my S5....I don't want to lose any samsung functions but damn it sure was nice....

What are the samsung functions that would be lost when switching up? Was going to try Nova Prime. I have never installed a launcher - but read a couple places that it replaces TW and is quicker/more lightweight? Any truth? I always thought it was just another layer over TW and could not be any quicker.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I see the option for "Double Tap" but I don't see an option to make it turn off the screen when I double tap. How'd you do it?

You'll need to download a third party app to link the double tap gesture to, screen off and lock by katecca works great. I did find that if you use an onscreen calculator widget like me you can accidentally turn the screen off.. other than that it's perfect

angel220

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm so surprised that no one has mentioned aviate. I use it and I must say uses little ram and functionality is awesome. Automatically catorgerises your apps and you can add or customize your own.

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
What functionalities do you lose from touchwhiz?

Live life, love life, excel life...

N1 . N2 .. N3 ... N4 #ILE
#ILoveEvolution