View Poll Results: What Launcher are you using?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Touchwiz

15 22.06%
  • Nova/Nova Prime

37 54.41%
  • Google Now

6 8.82%
  • Action Launcher

1 1.47%
  • Apex

6 8.82%
  • Other (Post in thread)

2 2.94%
  • What is a launcher? Launcher Smauncher

1 1.47%
01-01-2015 11:45 AM
89 1234
tools
    For me it's a fight between TW launcher and Nova and it's not looking too good for Nova atm.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    12-26-2014 04:16 AM
    Nova does not make you lose anything that I can tell but chat heads on facebook

i hate big phones thats why i got a.. (phablet)
    12-26-2014 04:20 AM
    I'm using Themer. I've only had my N4 and Android for 4 days now. Came from BB, and was browsing the forum and came across it on day 2. So far I've been enjoying it, have been spending more time on it than learning about the phone, but it seems that it has helped me learn some things about the phone. I guess I'm off to go see what nova prime is about?? Gestures at least at this point aren't that big to me, since I'm sometimes getting to places that I didn't want to, or surprise myself by finding I can do something with a swipe that I didn't know about. LOL
    12-26-2014 04:59 AM
    I started with Nova right out of the box, I always do. But, after being thru the forums and seeing so many people saying TW has improved or that they were finally giving TW a chance, I said, sure, why not.

I've been using TW for the past week and actually don't mind it at all. The only thing that annoys me is not being able to remove the labels underneath each icon on the desktop. Otherwise, I haven't found anything to complain about.
    bassplayrguy and mumfoau like this.
    12-26-2014 10:58 AM
    I was in love with Everything me on my G2 until my 9 year old discovered it's what was screwing up my phone. So I refuse to use it again. Today I downloaded Aviate. My sole purpose for utilizing a launcher is to organize my apps. I can't stand looking for apps or trying to decide which app goes on home screens

Posted with my awesome NOTE 4
    12-26-2014 03:38 PM
    What is padding?

Posted via the Android Central App
    It allows a widget to fill the entire grid space that it is assigned to. So if you have a widget that is 4 wide and 2 high and is placed on the top of the homepage. It will go all the way to the edges for the top and two sides for that homesceen page.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    12-26-2014 05:33 PM
    Once I used gestures, there was no turning back. Have used Nova (free version) and Apex (free version). Leaning towards Nova prime, since it has more gestures it seems than Apex. Are there any others I should check out other than these two for gestures?

12-26-2014 07:15 PM
    I do have a question for the Google Experience launcher or google now launcher, whichever its called, does that make the home button work as ok google by default?
    12-26-2014 10:55 PM
    Nova Prime all the way!! The scrollable dock, smaller icons and adjustable grid are to good to give up.
    piannetta likes this.
    12-26-2014 11:04 PM
    I do have a question for the Google Experience launcher or google now launcher, whichever its called, does that make the home button work as ok google by default?
    Not the home button. Ok Google works from any home screen, and is supposed to work as long as the screen is on, but I have not confirmed.

I am brand new to the Note, coming from the Droid Maxx. I used TW for a couple of hours, but really missed Google Now as my left screen, so had to put on the Google Launcher. I may go back for a while, because I want to know what I am missing.

I was part of the early Aviate beta, and it did not live up to its promise of learning what I need when. The idea and promise is great, the execution falls short. In the end, I prefer to customize.
    12-27-2014 12:06 AM
    Was using Nova Free version all this time!

Read about ppl praising Nova prime, so I got it and giving it a go...So far, NO COMPLAINS!
    12-27-2014 12:32 AM
    Nova Prime. It's very flexible and customizable and performance with it is always great.
    12-27-2014 01:40 AM
    I have truly tried almost every launcher out there except the windows ones.
    Currently I amusing the newest Apex. Pretty good and snappy.
    Favorite. Next launcher but it takes forever for me to set it right.
    Nice change up is SSLauncher. It is definitely different
    If I wanna go all out plain I get circle launcher. Just see the wallpaper.
    TSF is pretty cool too. Nice animations and tricks.
    I switch all the time to keep it fresh but 3D mode in Next has me hooked

John 3:16
    12-27-2014 03:39 AM
    Nova Prime...

...So regarding lost functionality from chucking TouchWiz - the one I'm aware of is posting S-Notes to home screens won't work. What else is lost?
    Pinning the S-Notes to the home screen is enough reason for me to stay with TW. For me, it is one of the most useful new features of the Note 4 - stylus combo.
    64fairlane likes this.
    12-27-2014 11:41 AM
    I'm really enjoying Apex! It has so many options.

12-28-2014 01:24 PM
    I'm really enjoying Apex! It has so many options.

Just like Nova.

from the IV
    12-28-2014 01:45 PM
    Just like Nova.

from the IV
    I like it better! Especially the multiple docks.

12-28-2014 02:03 PM
    I like it better! Especially the multiple docks.

Nova allows multiple docks, too. That's the biggest reason I don't bother with Touchwiz.
    12-28-2014 03:23 PM
    Nova Prime for me. It's been a mainstay of mine for a few years. Every so often I check to see if there is any other launcher that has all the features NP has and is just as smooth. I have not found any and I'm perfectly fine with that. My N4 is customized for complete ease of use and silky smooth operation. Of course, it's customized perfectly for me. When someone else gets my phone they can't figure out where a lot of things are because I've got hidden icons, gestures and tweaks not readily apparent to anyone but me. That's the way I like it.

Attached Thumbnails Note 4: Which Launcher Do you use? Why?-screenshot_2014-12-28-22-41-30.jpg  
    12-28-2014 11:41 PM
    +1 for Nova Prime.
    12-28-2014 11:43 PM
    I tried Aviate a couple of days ago and liked it a lot, but you're right, currently it is limited as far as settings and options. If there's an update with more settings/options I will definitely re-install, but for right now I'm happy with Apex.
    I love Apex. I tried them all! This one is amazing.

12-29-2014 02:36 AM
    Nova Prime, love the customization!!!
    12-29-2014 10:19 AM
    I've been using Go Launcher for my last three phones, but thinking about returning to TouchWiz. I think the flexibility offered by Go may not be worth the lost functionality.
    12-29-2014 11:11 AM
    I am back and forth between TW and Nova Prime. Since I found an app that let's me pick and choose icons for TW, nova isn't much more attractive anymore, especially since you lose the Samsung functions.

What app is that?
    12-29-2014 11:53 AM
    What app is that?
    It is call Icon Changer Free. Has a red and a green android in the picture.
    rabernet likes this.
    12-29-2014 01:51 PM
89 1234