01-02-2018 02:45 PM
146 12345 ...
tools
    it definitely isn't the proximity sensor I have the same issue on my note 4 the person Im on the phone with doesn't hear the tone. It happens even when I use in car bluetooth. Im on my 3rd note and it happen just now on it as well. this started after the 5.0 update thanks lolipoop
    08-15-2015 02:42 AM
    Hello all,
    i am one of those people who have posted 3 years ago on other forums. I am on a LANDLINE! Ok, it drives me CRAZY, i hear the beep tone only when i am talking to anyone on a cell phone. If i talk to someone on a landline, i dont hear it. I have a cell phone as well, but dont have the issue with that.
    I am absolutely fed up with hearing this loud tone with everyone i talk to on a cell. I have been hearing this a long time and its BS that no one answers us. It is on ALL cell phone unless there older, old flip phones dont have the issue. Its the new phones, and as far as i am concerned there is a reason there not telling us. They know the answer to this, but are keeping us in the dark for a reason.
    So i despise that loud tone, it interrupts my calls and i am pretty fed up with it. Why i have to listen to this talking to someone on a newer phone is beyond me!
    08-20-2015 02:13 PM
    If all this is the case, then why am i having this issue for the last 3 years on my landline when only speaking to people on a cell phone? They all hear the beep as well. No, i am not pushing buttons, and minute beeps dont even exist anymore. So outdated. and it is random. But if i speak to someone on another landline, i never hear it. Drives me nuts, there is lots of ideas, but NO ONE has nailed it. I have a comcast landline.
    08-20-2015 03:20 PM
    I forgot to mention. Like i said, i am on a landline, dont hear the beeps when talking to other landlines. This has absolutely nothing to do with the sound of a persons voice. I am a man. I hear it when speaking to another man who has sprint, this person hears it as well. I hear it when i am talking to 2 different people who have ATT, one person hears it, the guy, the other one does not, a girl. I hear it when i am speaking to a person who has Walmart straight talk, the phone is a cellular type phone for the home, works off satellite. I dont believe my phone is doing this since it only happens when i am talking to people on cell phones, why i am the recipient is beyond me. So, i dont think the beeping you all are hearing is your phone actually making the beep, i think it is the other persons phone, you just get to hear it. All of you changing your phones is going to do absolutely nothing. Its there phone. Its random services as well. It is really bad and very frequent for me when i am talking to someone, several years ago i thought i was being tapped for some crazy reason since i am on a landline. So, personally, everyone is clueless, except for the people doing this. After 3 years of checking this out, i am ready to pitch this phone. Now i have a old flip phone, i never hear anything on that one, ever with anyone. I have wondered if because of its age, maybe, if someone could possibly be listening hacking or whatever, they cannot do it on these old phones, but for some crazy reason a person on a landline gets to hear all the beeps from everyone elses phone.
    08-20-2015 03:51 PM
    I just TURNED OFF enhanced to see if this works. I mean 7 beeps in 50 minutes. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-22-2015 01:30 PM
    I have had:
    Captivate
    Galaxy 2
    Galaxy 3
    Galaxy 4
    Galaxy 5

Never had this issue until my new NOTE 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Melon Coyle likes this.
    08-22-2015 01:32 PM
    Thank you for the info that beep has Been driving me bezerk! I pray this works! I am glad to hear this isn't just me, I thought at first I was hitting something with my cheek or something. Never in my life have I had a problem like this with another phone. Will keep posted on the outcome!
    08-30-2015 02:14 AM
    I am on T-Mobile with a Galaxy S5 and have had the same issue. I just did a warranty replacement and the issue is still there. Luckily I haven't sent my original in yet. I'm going to harass customer care today about it when I get off work. If this issue has been around for so long, why is there no fix to it? This can't be some ghost in the machine occurring across so many carriers and hardware. It has to be an app that is very popular that is causing this. Or maybe a native app. Has anyone done a hard reset and operated a few days without apps to try and narrow this down?
    08-30-2015 11:57 AM
    8 days and NO beep since UNCHECKING enhanced! so far so good!!!!!
    Melon Coyle likes this.
    08-30-2015 03:18 PM
    Hey guys,

I recently ported my number with ATT from Verizon and activated with the new Galaxy Note 4. I love the device however I've noticed that during phone calls I get a beeping noise as if someone on the other line pressed a keypad number as if they were dialing someone. The person on the other line cannot hear the beep and there doesn't seem to be a rhyme, reason or pattern to the beep. Sometimes it happens once and other times it happens 3 or 4 times in a row.
    I've called tech support with ATT and they are suggesting I replace my brand new Note 4 with their crappy "Like new" warranty device. I DO NOT want to do this especially given the fact I paid over 300 bucks for a phone I've only had 5 weeks.

I did a factory reset today and I'm not going to install any third party apps for a bit and just use the phone this way and see if that has resolved the issue but I'm not optimistic. Any help or suggestions you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    This happens to me a lot! I thought it was just me. It's as if someone is on the line pressing the keys.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-30-2015 04:03 PM
    when my Note4 was beeping up until
    8 days ago when I unchecked Enhanced LTE whoever I was talking to could hear the beep also...wow 300$ for a note 4...that's incredibly cheap--I paid a BOATLOAD back in February.
    08-30-2015 04:25 PM
    8 days and NO beep since UNCHECKING enhanced! so far so good!!!!!
    I don't have beeping, but I am curious as to the direct path to the setting to uncheck "enhanced". I haven't yet seen it that I can remember. Thanks.
    08-30-2015 10:24 PM
    NOTE 4:
    SETTINGS--NETWORK CONNECTIONS---MORE NETWORKS---MOBILE NETWORKS----MOBILE DATA

Make sure ENHANCED LTE is UNCHECKED
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-30-2015 10:30 PM
    NOTE 4:
    SETTINGS--NETWORK CONNECTIONS---MORE NETWORKS---MOBILE NETWORKS----MOBILE DATA

Make sure ENHANCED LTE is UNCHECKED
    Thanks. No wonder I haven't seen the setting. Per your directions, all I can do is check or uncheck mobile data.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-31-2015 12:07 AM
    uncheck ENHANCED LTE
    08-31-2015 01:29 PM
    Tarheel 1400,
    I was wondering where you were located. I am in St. Louis, MO with AT&T as carrier. This just began with my Samsung Note 4. I've had the phone about 2 months and this began a few days ago. I thought it was reacting to my hearing aid or something, but I took that out and it still happened. It's very loud. My connection on the other end said they heard it very faintly. I was told on another forum to find the "turn off screen while on call" setting, but I cannot find this on the Note 4.
    This is all very annoying and I cannot believe Samsung or AT&T has not addressed this issue! Please keep ideas for a remedy coming. I cannot give up on this! Thanks.
    09-09-2015 09:06 PM
    Thanks. I found this on my Note 4 and unchecked it. Now to wait and test to see if that was the culprit. It's certainly a very difficult setting to find on one's own! Thank you for specific instructions! Now, do you know where to fine the "turn off screen while on a call" setting? That one is completely eluding me on the Note 4. Thanks!
    09-09-2015 09:12 PM
    Just checked my settings and I originally had both Standard Data AND Enhanced 4G LTE services checked and that's when the sound was happening. So, if I turn off Enhanced 4G LTE, do I also need to uncheck Standard data?
    09-09-2015 09:21 PM
    no just the ENHANCED
    09-09-2015 09:44 PM
    Cleaned up some posts. Let's keep things on topic

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    09-12-2015 11:33 PM
    It has been 2 weeks since I turned off enhanced and NOT ONE SINGLE BEEP! So I am convinced it worked.....and to the person who swears the government is tapping us(rolls eyes)---TWICE......yes sweetie THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE~Fox Mulder. Gee can't something just be fu****** up without it being a government conspiracy?
    09-13-2015 01:46 PM
    holy crap this has been driving me bat **** crazy the last few months, I thought it was the other person pressing a key for the longest time ,until I heard it enough to realize it was the same tone and press length every time.

Note 4, ATT, St. Louis market. I found this thread, and unchecked enhanced LTE just now. Please let this work!

Now to only figure out why people can't hear me for 10-30 seconds at a time no matter what signal strength is. Hopefully this fixed that issue too.
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    NOV 4: NO beeping ever again after I unchecked ENHANCED LTE: I did this the end of Aug...so it does work!
    11-04-2015 01:03 PM
    I just found this post and man I am glad I did. I just turned off enhanced 4G LTE I hope it work, but according to all of the previous post it seems to do the trick. I use to have a Note 4 and I didn't have the issue. I broke that phone and ATT sent me a note 4 edge and that's when it all started.

This issue had me so mad that I was in the process of switching carriers, I did all of the things that most people posting here did and still had the same issue. I did a warranty replacement plugged in the new sim and still had the same issue. I am glad I did not have to install all of my apps and text messages on a new phone. I will post back soon and let you all know how it worked out for me.
    11-09-2015 06:02 PM
    I recently ported my T-Mobile number over the att and am using the galaxy note 4 and having the identical issue. whenever I talk with my friend who uses T-Mobile I get a button tone about every several minutes. going to go to the att store today to have them check it out.
    11-28-2015 03:19 PM
146 12345 ...