01-02-2018 02:45 PM
146 ... 23456
tools
    "NOV 4: NO beeping ever again after I unchecked ENHANCED LTE: I did this the end of Aug...so it does work! "

Thank you for the fix, and Thank You even more for not only explaining in detail, but also providing a status report! I've shut mine off tonight, and so far so good! Thanks Again!

PS - Nothing worse than reading through many pages, with the only clue to a fix being "It's solved" without any explaination.
    buffee and DeeNiceJones like this.
    11-30-2015 10:56 PM
    Omg ok I was starting to think my phone was tapped! I Googled " button beeping during phone calls" and it seems like us Galaxy Note 4 users are the only people who have this problem however I haven't come across a reason for it just complaints and no solutions. This has been happening to me too every day, every phone call, it is so annoying I'm ready to throw this phone out the window.
    DeeNiceJones likes this.
    12-07-2015 10:26 PM
    Has there been any solution to this I habe the note 4 and have the same issue sounds like somebody is pushing a button tone it happens through my phone, on speaker, through two different bluetooth headsets, and a normal pair of headphones.it's not normally a big issue until it happens repeatedly every few minutes im on the phone constantly with other att employees and all of us have att phones but none of them ever hear the noise
    12-17-2015 01:34 PM
    I unchecked ENHANCED LTE: in August and its been perfect. No beeping 5 months now.
    Lazeedancer likes this.
    12-17-2015 01:53 PM
    I unchecked ENHANCED LTE: in August and its been perfect. No beeping 5 months now.
    I thought I was crazy with this tone! Can you tell me how to find enhanced lte
    12-18-2015 08:49 PM
    Anyone else still having this problem on T-Mobile? My wife and I both have note 4's and turning off VoLTE doesn't change anything. I do not have a option for enhanced LTE either
    12-18-2015 09:28 PM
    NOTE 4: AT & T ONLY
    SETTINGS--NETWORK CONNECTIONS---MORE NETWORKS---MOBILE NETWORKS----MOBILE DATA

Make sure ENHANCED LTE is UNCHECKED
    12-18-2015 10:12 PM

Mobile data is just a check mark no enhanced LTE
    nosleepn likes this.
    12-19-2015 04:01 AM
    Mod Note, Cleaned up some off topic posts. If you wish to discuss politics, please do so in the politics forum.
    12-24-2015 03:57 PM
    never knew of this thread but I have a couple of friends that uses att and this beep thing drives me crazy,but I put 2 and 2 together very quickly and realized it was an att thing
    12-25-2015 08:56 AM
    Agreed although many have it on other carriers...might be a NOT 4 thing(LOL) but after I unchecked enhanced LTE--its been 5 months and not ONE beep of course that could be a coincidence since someone on this thread has proof its our government(LMFAO))
    12-25-2015 01:44 PM
    Someone told me their T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime makes random long and loud beeping sounds sometimes on calls and sometimes just randomly when the phone is not in use. When on calls the caller on the other end doesn't hear it.
    Could the enhanced LTE thing affect the Grand Prime also and affect it when not on a call?
    12-29-2015 01:46 AM
    My Note 4 started to beep randomly about 2 months ago. I went through all the thought processes (except the female voice theory) as everyone else in this thread. I just unchecked the Enhanced Network and will post again if it worked as it seems to have for many of you on this thread.

AT & T had better get their head out of the sand and take this problem seriously. I believe the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) should get their attention, especially since their standard solution seems to be to give up your new phone for a refurbished replacement. That could be a big issue for the FTC as they do not take kindly to tactics like that to get new customers' phone so they can unload refurbished ones from their warranty repair department. The bait and switch comment is spot on and AT & T had better take notice of this now 80 plus thread post going back over a year ago. This is not a fluke and it is not user error. Today the guy at the retail AT & T store I visited before seeing this forum had the same issue. His solution was a factory reset. So he did one for me to see if that would work. It beeped during my very next call. Ugh!! Ironically, beeping problem seems to have started after I needed a factory reset a few months ago for an unrelated problem.

So, AT & T, when do you plan on addressing this so the public and our consumer watch-dogs like the FTC know you are on it to resolve it? See, I paid for Enhanced 4G LTE services and if I cannot have them because of your denying there is problem to resolve, I think lemon law violations will be coming your way very soon. I wonder if AT & T monitors these forums.
    12-30-2015 08:21 PM
    I just finished a chat session from Aaron at A T & T. He took a sincere interest in this matter. He even called me to see if we could get it to beep. Of course it didn't. He had me turn Enhanced Network back on and then called me back - still no beep. He noted my chat discussion with key words "possible emerging issue" which should get management's attention. He could not view this chat due to their firewall restrictions. He researched what he could inside AT &T and Samsung's site. He reported that it seems to be a known issue with Samsung as the problem seems to be Galaxy Note 4 related. I mentioned we had some other devices on the forum reporting the problem and even Team-Mobile users' contributions were on this thread.

I tried to recreate the problem with my wife calling me as it happened with my call with her just prior to my chat with A T & T. I have turned my Enhanced back on and no beep. Aaron (AT & T guy) did try and see if notifications was causing the problem, but it was not easy to determine. I'll be on the watch for that too. Aaron wants me to keep Enhanced on since it did not beep with my test call with my wife. It might have been resolved by just turning Enhanced off and back on. I will report back in a few days if it has gone away by just turning Enhanced off and then back on. For those who have turned of Enhanced, this may be all that was necessary and you too may be able to turn Enhanced back on again.

Watch for my update after the turn of the New Year. Happy New Year everyone!!!
    12-30-2015 10:14 PM
    this has been happening to me and my girlfriend sense 2012, and still is happening. It started with T-Mobile. Changed devices and phone numbers with the carrier, and no change. In November of 2015 we decided to change to AT&T we got new devices and new numbers and still the same issue. So, what is the common denominator? AT&T. AT&T almost bought T-Mobile a few years back. Before the transaction was final AT&T started taking over T-Mobile Cell Towers. Could be why the customers rep referred to it as cross talk. I'M FED UP WITH IT!!!!!!! One Question to you. Would you have any possible stalkers?
    01-31-2016 03:25 PM
    ever since I did this: NOTE 4: AT & T ONLY
    SETTINGS--NETWORK CONNECTIONS---MORE NETWORKS---MOBILE NETWORKS----MOBILE DATA UNCHECKED
    It's going on 7 months & no beeping.
    01-31-2016 03:45 PM
    My Note 4 makes a sound like someone is pressing a button in my ear as well. I don't have the minute alert on, & my face is not pressing any button. My phone has been making this sound often during calls. AT&T changed my phone to a "like new phone" in Nov but I'm still having that problem with the new phone. When I call AT&T the act as if they never heard this problem before it's frustrating to say the least.
    02-06-2016 12:34 AM
    my friend who previously had att now has tmobile and the beeping is gone
    02-06-2016 09:27 AM
    Hi, I've been having this problem and it's VERY annoying. I thought my phone was being tap. The techs do try to make it seem that they're not aware of this problem and that I'm loco. Not the case. Glad I found this forum. Factory reset does not appear to resolve the issue. Ihope after reading these posts in forum , a resolution has been documented. I read that this was reported 3yrs ago. I'm going to talk to an attorney friend about a class action suit because this is ridiculous.
    SueQ69 likes this.
    02-17-2016 07:43 AM
    I have a note 5, had it a little over a month and I too have had the same issues, called AT&T three times.... did a factory reset, Uninstalled apps and got a replacement phone, nothing .... problem still persists, I will try turning off my enhanced services and standard and give it a shot, never had this issue with prior phones, thx for the tip on here
    02-17-2016 02:40 PM
    I have a Galaxy S5 and ATT, I've been hearing these DTMF tones as well. They only seem to happen when I'm on the phone with someone who has a high voice like a child or woman. I turned off the Enhanced 4G LTE Services and I guess I'll find out if that stops it. My girlfriend has also reported hearing them while on the phone with certain people and she has an iphone and sprint, so this is not just an Android problem or an ATT problem.

I'm quite frustrated with the quality of mobile phone service these days. Voice quality has gone down for me over the past few years, with more random noises, pops and other issues. No, I haven't moved or switched carriers.
    02-17-2016 10:03 PM
    I own a galaxy note 4 and am also on at&t. I've had it for almost a year and a half, but only noticed these tones like phone button being pushed for like the last 3 months. Just another user with the same problem for the record.
    02-18-2016 01:54 PM
    Fixed mine!
    02-24-2016 02:28 PM
    On a samsung 5 active... Recently did a hard master reset because the phone was randomly hanging up on people. Immediately after doing that I had an update rammed on to the phone. After that one friend that I talk to at night While working the phone started doing that awful annoying beep. Also, started having a problem where it would echo transferring towers. This seems to have fixed both problems by unchecking that box. On my phone it indicates that it is the HD Voice system. Thanks again. It was driving me crazy.
    02-24-2016 02:31 PM
    This has been an irritating issue for some time! Thank you for sharing this, it is most helpful. I just now unchecked it and hope it helps!

I appreciate everyone's will to help others!
    03-04-2016 11:35 AM
146 ... 23456