Finger hover and air gestures

gdhampton7

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Got them to work on the note 4 but there is severe screen lag. Anyone else found these settings and work around the lag?

Nova launcher
Add shortcut to screen
Activities
Settings
Air view and air gestures
Enable them all (6 total)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
How did you get those settings? I didn't think the Note 4 had the finger hover thing the Note 3 had... I really do miss it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it does with the S-Pen, but on the Note 3 you could do the same with your finger, and I DID use that a lot on the Calendar and some e-mails.

gdhampton7

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
You have to have nova launcher then add short cut to home screen-> activities--> settings--> air view. There are 6 air view settings

gdhampton7

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I can verify that these work just the screen gets slow but it works... Idk y Samsung took them out the settings menu but the function of finger airview works

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to keep it tho just to activate it... And switch back...

Mmm... interesting. I'll give it a try when I get home then. I currently use Themer. I gave up on Nova since it seemed to drain by Note 3's battery and when the same happened on the Tab S, I just stopped using it.

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Got them to work on the note 4 but there is severe screen lag. Anyone else found these settings and work around the lag?

Nova launcher
Add shortcut to screen
Activities
Settings
Air view and air gestures
Enable them all (6 total)

I have it enabled as well, but it doesn't work well :/ I'd rather have the gestures working.. And with the mouse input (what makes finger hover work) it lags horribly and you can hardly use the touchscreen.. Wish they'd have included this with full functionality, it's a great feature on the s4

Posted via the Android Central App

shaiby

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Hello "gdhampton7" , or anyone else that got finger hoover to work with this phone ( without root),

I have note 4 (snapdragon) , android 6.0.1 , i installed nova launcher .

Please repeat the steps in more details .