Phone in charger keeps chiming and screen comes on and off over and over

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
All of a sudden it started doing this.....the sound is annoying and of course the screen coming off and on over and over again can't be giving it a good charge.

What's up?

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Me and my wife both had this happen on our old junker phones and a battery pull was the order of the day. Not sure on the Note. Couldn't imagine doing a battery pull this beast.

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
It's doing it with two different chargers......my boss and I bought Note 4's and hers isnt doing it...but mine is...I checked dev settings and it not that....daydream is off as well..

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

nytmare

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine's done this since day one. It does it with both the original charger and with my Qi/Nokia wireless charger. Don't know how to stop it either.

rhayes362

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine does this on one of my wireless chargers... It doesn't do it on my other, identical, wireless charger and it doesn't do it when I use the original Samsung charger (or random cable lying around). Just the one wireless charger... very odd...

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I am suspecting the car charger.

I had a rocket fish charger from best buy in my car. It started doing this to my S4 not too long ago. You had to position the phone just right to get a solid enough contact to get the charger to work.

When I got my Note 4, it did the same thing.

I bought an Anker USB car charger and a standard micro USB cable, problem solved.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
It's the two chargers that are just off the shelf chargers from radio shack that don't work. Got home and the fast charger that came with the phone worked fine as well as one from a drawer that's years old. Perplexing since other note 4s can use those chargers

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Is it doing this in the car or at home? I have a car charger that does that so I had to buy a different charger.

Have not tried a car charger....it was just two chargers up here at the office...other Note 4's are fine with them but not mine...got home and the fast charger works fine and then I pulled an old charger from years back out and that worked no problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad