02-10-2015 05:38 PM
152 ... 4567
tools
    Double check it. There should be a piece covering the lens. It could be easy to miss.
    Mine just has the one cover on the periphery. Perhaps it's just an AT&T thing.
    01-06-2015 08:38 PM
    [QUOTE=Fluffyman;4122317]Samsung just isn't able to build a camera that delivers sharp and crisp photos, unlike Apple.

iPhone camera crushes the android competition, thats the only reason why I'm a bit jealous at iPhones.[/QUOTe

Really..this from my note3. Only one small lamp on no time for focusing..point and shoot..

Sent from my most awsome note 3
    Attached Thumbnails Camera quality is absolutely horrendous. Am I doing something wrong?-uploadfromtaptalk1420595358976.jpg  
    01-06-2015 08:50 PM
    Mine just has the one cover on the periphery. Perhaps it's just an AT&T thing.
    Try it with your fingertip. They ship from Samsung with that piece of plastic. AT&T doesn't have anything to do with it. You may not be able to see it, but it should be there.
    01-06-2015 08:53 PM
    Try it with your fingertip. They ship from Samsung with that piece of plastic. AT&T doesn't have anything to do with it. You may not be able to see it, but it should be there.
    Na, mine just had the one piece of plastic. Does everyone else actually have two pieces of plastic covering the lens?
    01-06-2015 09:02 PM
    So my Note 4 is an At&t and it came with the little plastic thing with the hole in it. I had problems with the camera not focusing and such until I peeled the little plastic thing off. It is not going to work as any type of screen protector or anything. The part it is NOT covering is the part that would matter if gets scratched. Those little windows are a full 5 bucks on ebay for a replacement. Take it off if you haven't everyone, please.
    01-06-2015 09:11 PM
    My Sprint phone had two separate covers - one on the periphery and another one just on the glass itself. I had to work at getting a fingernail under an edge of it to remove it. I wouldn't have known it was there but for a comment about it on another forum.
    You mean the periphery of the square? On the back cover? I had that, and one of the lens cover, but...

The one I had on the camera lens cover (the square piece of glass) had a hole right in the middle, so it didn't impede the actual camera lens at all.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-06-2015 11:46 PM
    You mean the periphery of the square? On the back cover? I had that, and one of the lens cover, but...

The one I had on the camera lens cover (the square piece of glass) had a hole right in the middle, so it didn't impede the actual camera lens at all.

The one on the lens cover did not have a hole in it.
    PookiePrancer likes this.
    01-07-2015 05:56 AM
    I find photo quality to be outstanding on the N4. Posting remarks about being paid to lie is so irresponsible.
    carlos12001 likes this.
    02-07-2015 06:21 PM
    I find photo quality to be outstanding on the N4.
    Agreed. I got a chance to use the camera for the first time today and I am impressed.
    02-07-2015 06:37 PM
    Hah. How much were you paid to post this lie?

? I find it excellent. My work phone's an iPhone 6 Plus and it definitely doesn't have a better camera. My soon to be ex-N6 isn't better, either - and has much slower AF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-08-2015 01:14 AM
    Unless I missed it, I find it very interesting that this derogatory statement posted by the OP, in 14 pages of responses/posts hasn't been back since their Original Post! Hmmm
    02-08-2015 01:43 AM
    There is no disputing the camera on the iphone 6 plus is great or rather the processing, but the 6 is lacking iOS so thus will be effected.

So we are talking about the 6 plus vs Note 4 and its not a hammering but yes its been reviewed as the 6 plus takes it.

But wait this WILL depend on the user to an extent obviously. Point n shoot the Note 4 has surprised me in lowlight, I have a 3 year old that won't stay still and have managed to get keepers.

So in my mind it depends on varying factors, I'm no photography expert (know very little). What I do know while the 6 plus may produce sharper images, the note 4 is far from a shoddy camera and I am more than happy with the results "I" get.

I agree, I find the 6+ to be unable to impress me.

Sent from my glorious note 4.
    02-10-2015 12:31 AM
    In my opinion, it takes some great photos. Don't know why some are having such a hard time.
    I agree, I just don't get it. I've gotten consistent results with my note 4, my pictures have been great most of the time.

02-10-2015 01:12 AM
    Professional reviewers, of all stripes, are analysing the iPhone and Note 4 all over the web... and both phones are so close, they have to resort to pixel peeping to find where one excels and the other falls barely shy of the other.

These phones are close and they both have excellent cameras based on those reviews.

Hopefully, the concerns listed in this thread are truly a mechanical flaw with the Note 4. I just become upgrade eligible today, love taking photos, and the camera was a huge selling point on the phone.

I'm still trying to decide if I want a great camera with an unwieldy phone size.... or something that fits more comfortably in the pocket and hand but with a lesser camera.
    02-10-2015 07:37 AM
    Professional reviewers, of all stripes, are analysing the iPhone and Note 4 all over the web... and both phones are so close, they have to resort to pixel peeping to find where one excels and the other falls barely shy of the other.

These phones are close and they both have excellent cameras based on those reviews.

Hopefully, the concerns listed in this thread are truly a mechanical flaw with the Note 4. I just become upgrade eligible today, love taking photos, and the camera was a huge selling point on the phone.

I'm still trying to decide if I want a great camera with an unwieldy phone size.... or something that fits more comfortably in the pocket and hand but with a lesser camera.
    Get the note.

02-10-2015 07:40 AM
    If you are only getting one I would recommend getting the Note 4/Note Edge. This 6+ is a very nice smartphone. ...but the Notes go way beyond it in customization and utility. You want simple? The Note can do that. You want complex flexibility? The iPhone CANNOT do that... without a jailbreak and even then it falls far short of the Note's out-of-the-box abilities.

• from the 🍎 i6+ •
    02-10-2015 08:04 AM
    Unless I missed it, I find it very interesting that this derogatory statement posted by the OP, in 14 pages of responses/posts hasn't been back since their Original Post! Hmmm
    A very common occurence in forums like these. The OP either finds validation for their original thought, or they find what they were looking for elsewhere and never return to the thread.
    GregMargie likes this.
    02-10-2015 09:24 AM
    Considering that the op has one post total, it is unlikely for them to make a reply.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    GregMargie likes this.
    02-10-2015 10:42 AM
    I haven't seen an iPhone 6/6+ picture yet that has made me drool. They're nice, but nothing I don't get from my Note 4 (but bigger and more crisp).
    carlos12001 likes this.
    02-10-2015 11:30 AM
    Considering that the op has one post total, it is unlikely for them to make a reply.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    I usually call people like that "trolls," and it seems we've been had :-)

02-10-2015 11:35 AM
    I'm expecting my AT&T Note 4 tomorrow. THANK YOU to everyone who pointed out there was a hard-to-see protective film. Once I've removed it, I'll post back with whether the AT&T version has the little hole in the film (but I'll remove it anyway, since it might be covering up a sensor or something that could still affect things, I presume).
    02-10-2015 11:43 AM
    I have to chime in and say it has to be user error or a defective phone. This camera is nothing short of brilliant in almost every aspect of the day. I have taken photos in all times and scenarios and the only ones that don't look stunning as in extreme low-light situations. Even in normal low-light (bars etc), it's fantastic.
    02-10-2015 11:45 AM
    A lot of people posting photos are posting still shots. The phone can take great stills but some people may mean movement but fail to mention it.
    The regular iPhone 6 delivers much sharper images too. The Note 4 you need to hold perfectly still (I need both hands for that) to get a really clear photo, the iPhone 6 you can just pull out of your pocket and take a quick sharp picture without needing to think about it.
    Don't be fooled by the lack of OIS on the small iPhone 6.

Its such a shame.
    I'd really like to see people post some pics of their motion shots without blur. Please.

My note 4 is by far the poorest camera in low light I've used. It's Laggy and blurred . It has surprised me to say the least.. Samsung usually has a decent camera experience

I haven't read through the whole thread, but for those of you that have issues with blurry shots in lowish light, download CameraZoomFX and report back with your findings. You can even download the paid version and get a refund if you don't like it. For whatever reason, the camera will not hold focus when the light is just slightly dim. You will notice a HUGE difference in focus with that app (and many other apps for that matter), I just prefer CameraZoomFX!
    02-10-2015 11:55 AM
    This is the shot with my Note 4:
    Camera quality is absolutely horrendous. Am I doing something wrong?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1423590611.511527.jpg

This is shot with my iPhone 6+:
    Camera quality is absolutely horrendous. Am I doing something wrong?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1423590657.591840.jpg

This is shot with my Note 4:
    Camera quality is absolutely horrendous. Am I doing something wrong?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1423590768.875001.jpg

This is shot with my 6+:
    Camera quality is absolutely horrendous. Am I doing something wrong?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1423590828.181978.jpg

Both good results but, for me, the 6+ produces slighty more accurate yet more pleasing results. Some may prefer the Note 4's results.

• from the 🍎 i6+ •
    02-10-2015 12:55 PM
    Did you remove the piece of protective film from the camera lens.? The only smartphone camera I've had/used that was better was the Nokia Lumia 928.
    02-10-2015 05:22 PM
152 ... 4567