Why won't my Note 4 send full resolution photos through MMS?

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Re:

If I switch to hangouts, and I get my android friends to switch to hangouts, that will fix the issue?
I'm sure it doesn't do any good if I switch to hangouts if the others don't switch.

mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue.. I have textra and set it to a 600kb and everyone gets my pics.. not sure of the quality on the other end though

Posted via the Android Central App

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
If I switch to hangouts, and I get my android friends to switch to hangouts, that will fix the issue?
I'm sure it doesn't do any good if I switch to hangouts if the others don't switch.

Another great fix is if everyone switches to Whatsapp. Whatsapp is perfect for sending pics to people with iPhones.

Last edited:

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Hangouts will work as your default sms app also. This should work without having everyone else switch. You can select sms or hangout at the time you start a conversation I think. You might even be able to select a default, I can't remember exactly.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

anon(25362)

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Re:

I had this exact problem with sending screen shots on my Note 3 with Verizon but no issues so far sending on the Verizon Note 4... I HATED this issue so bad

I also had the same exact issue with my Verizon note 3 and for a while with my note 4. specifically to my GF who had AT&T. This is a fairly common and well known (among verizon android to att devices screenshots) issue. I no longer have the issue for some reason and it was either my device upgrade or my girl upgrading to iphone 6. It did suck horribly.It only happens from Verizon to ATT. My work around was to use whatsapp - which is a GREAT super fast way to send pics/screenshots/videos. I no longer have the issue thankfully. But still keep whatsapp around love it.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Re:

so basically your saying that if I want to keep android, I have to send the worst quality pictures possible to other people.
So no reason to even have a camera over 4MP...

I like that. " Hey look at this amazing picture I took, sorry, I know it looks terrible on your end, if only you could see it how I see it"

I never got that option at any time, and I have reset the phone and started over from scratch at least 4-5 times now.

They will be the same quality as is sent by your iOS phone which did the exact same thing in the background without your input or knowledge. The image pixel size limit is made by the messaging system and app not the phones camera. And the enhancements to the image that is also done by iOS in the background can be done in Android, but again you have to choose to do it.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Re:

This was proven to be a defect in the device, right? My Note 4 doesn't do this on T-Mobile. Not sure if it's a phone defect or a carrier issue

Not a device defect issue at all. Looks like a carrier limit with AT&T.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

anon(25362)

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Re:

This was proven to be a defect in the device, right? My Note 4 doesn't do this on T-Mobile. Not sure if it's a phone defect or a carrier issue
It's a carrier issue. From Verizon to att and I think it's only android to ios. It's been an issue for a while neither carrier has offered a fix. Its hit or miss like I said my note 3 had it all the time and my note 4 had it for a while now no problems at all. So the device plays a role. Buts it's definitely a Verizon to att issue but not all devices.

Rictor9227

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
My friend & i have the same izsue sometimes with him (verizon) sending to me (att), he has. Gone to google messenger app which works. When he used stock worked aswell, textra did not nor did any other mms/sms app

moegumby

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
All mms transfers over the carrier system, AT&T has a cap on mms size. Imessage uses WiFi for transfer and when on the network transfers as a data file not standard mms. It's not your phone or Verizon. Just the way the system works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles