Hi, been stalking these forums for some time and I love the community here. It's been a great source of info and feedback and was also a great stress reliever back when we were still waiting for the Note 4 to come out. I finally got mine a few weeks ago and it has been amazing! It's my first phablet and was a little apprehensive about the change (came from an S3) but was completely sold as soon as I got my hands on it. I'm glad to see almost everyone here having a very positive experience as well.

So I've had my Note for about a month now, and I've been using TouchWiz all this time. It's definitely improved a lot compared to previous iterations, but I'm starting to miss having some of the customization options provided by other launchers which I used with my previous device.

I don't want to give up some of the functionalities with TouchWiz (the ones that AFAIK isn't supported by any other launcher right now) including:
    - My Places widget
    - Action Memo widget (for pinned notes)

I looked around and found the Beautiful Icon Styler app which could supposedly customize your icon designs without having to root the device, but it didn't work for me. Does anyone know of any other options out there that will at the very least, let you use icon packs without resorting to rooting or 3rd party launchers?
    12-13-2014 01:47 AM
    Anyone?
    12-13-2014 10:24 PM
    I read it was pulled for incompatibility issues with Android L.

This will work for you. Just did with me! https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...code.shortcuts
    jcords likes this.
    12-14-2014 01:11 AM
    Yeah I guess they did. I had to download the apk somewhere else, but the app didn't work on my icons.

I'm using Icon Changer to swap out icons; it also allows a little customization in their design. But the app you linked helped, much more efficient in testing multiple icon packs. Thanks Bbeelzebub!
    12-14-2014 06:31 AM