12-16-2014 11:30 PM
60 123
tools
    aCalender+ is fantastic: beautiful, customizable, bulletproof. Love it.
    Racing24, joediver and gnr_2 like this.
    12-14-2014 05:59 AM
    There's lots of good calendars available that (in my opinion) are better than the stock calendar. I've tried a lot of different ones and I prefer Calengoo. It's highly customizable and has some really good widgets.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en
    goin_nil likes this.
    12-14-2014 07:47 AM
    I love the new Material Design Google calendar, but I also love business calendar Pro by appgenix. I don't hate samsungs calendar, I just prefer the others.
    mhettrich likes this.
    12-14-2014 09:07 AM
    I love the new Material Design Google calendar, but I also love business calendar Pro by appgenix. I don't hate samsungs calendar, I just prefer the others.
    +1 on the new Google calendar. The new material design makeover looks great. I prefer that calendar over any other option.
    akutch34 likes this.
    12-14-2014 09:14 AM
    Let me first say that I am not new to Android, but am new to the Samsung line...and loving my Note4.

I've been content with the stock calendar app, but after seeing this it got me wondering if there isn't more that I could be getting out of the calendar. I'm a business user, and we recently migrated from Exchange to Office 365. Is it possible with any of these calendars, to see other calendars that are shared to you in the Office 365 environment? I've got 5 account managers that work for me and I can see their calendars in Outlook, but just wondering if any of these calendars support me being able to see them on my phone?

Also, I use Google Calendar for personal things, and really how the stock calendar overlays them and color codes them so I can easily tell which calendar a certain registry is in. I'm guessing these all work that same way?

Would someone (for example, a Business Calendar Pro user) please mind telling me what additional features or functionality you enjoy over the stock calendar app? The only real complaint I've had thus far is the lack of options when it comes to meeting requests/invites. I'd love the ability to view in calendar and then propose a new meeting time.
    12-14-2014 09:50 AM
    Because of YOU people I finally got around to getting Business Calendar Pro after years of saying I didn't need it. Yeah, it's pretty much what I've needed for a while.
    I'm in the same boat. I didn't really know what I was missing until I installed Business Calendar Pro. Now I'll be playing around with customizing for a few days.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.
    MightyMike likes this.
    12-14-2014 10:20 AM
    I'm in the same boat. I didn't really know what I was missing until I installed Business Calendar Pro. Now I'll be playing around with customizing for a few days.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.
    Me too. Buisness calendar pro is packed with options. Import/export, templates and soo many options. I gotta figure this all out. Don't forget the task add-on. That's nifty too. Where's Bosbouer when you need him? Lol

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4
    12-14-2014 10:37 AM
    Invites are sent from this screen Calendars...What one do you use?-screenshots_2014-12-14-19-09-17.jpg

As with Outlook it pops open your previous invitee list and address book.
    12-14-2014 11:16 AM
    Google calender stopped working on my Note 3 A few months ago. I used Calengoo instead. Liked it so much I use it on the Note 4. Fonts and sizes. Lots of custom settings but the default set up is fine except I needed to set a bigger font.
    12-14-2014 11:19 AM
    Well, I was motivated by this thread to try a couple. Hey, you never know when you find new things you missed.

I stayed with what I have. Resizeable Cal Widget (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.calwidget2) has the advantage of being free and the home screen widget does the same things for me, I think, that Business Cal Pro does for $5. I like BCP.....I just don't see any incentive to change. Of course, RCW only syncs with Google. I believe Jorte at least has its own functionality. I've also used Jorte before--again, good app. Don't see much incentive to change. I like going to Google's interface with a tap.

(I use a separate app for tasks widget)

Overall, I think there is a lot of good stuff in the marketplace. If what I'm using stopped working, there are many good alternatives. There's no point going crazy over it, though. I've obsessed over these things before.
    12-14-2014 11:20 AM

Would someone (for example, a Business Calendar Pro user) please mind telling me what additional features or functionality you enjoy over the stock calendar app? The only real complaint I've had thus far is the lack of options when it comes to meeting requests/invites. I'd love the ability to view in calendar and then propose a new meeting time.
    BC whether pro or stock has excellent scheduling options. Pro adds widgets. And yes from any view date you can propose a schedule. Reminders can be anything from on time to 12 hrs ahead backup is to BC server by default and if you use you G-Mail that can also be used. Try the free version, they manage adds quite well. Then decide on going Pro.
    12-14-2014 11:29 AM
    Tjis may be a stupid calendar question, But is there an app that changes the date on the actual icon not on an actual widget
    12-14-2014 11:59 AM
    @ Rictor, Not for the signature app icon, but you can put a single day widget instead. A single tap will open your selected view, month, week, day or agenda

@monseiurms, task are included and selectable as a main view just as is agenda.
    12-14-2014 12:07 PM
    @ Rictor, Not for the signature app icon, but you can put a single day widget instead. A single tap will open your selected view, month, week, day or agenda

@monseiurms, task are included and selectable as a main view just as is agenda.
    Hey...templates... any tip for templates and uses?

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4
    12-14-2014 12:28 PM
    Tjis may be a stupid calendar question, But is there an app that changes the date on the actual icon not on an actual widget
    A+calendar has a one by one widget that used to do that. I'll have to check because they redesigned a bunch of things.
    12-14-2014 03:01 PM
    Let me first say that I am not new to Android, but am new to the Samsung line...and loving my Note4.

I've been content with the stock calendar app, but after seeing this it got me wondering if there isn't more that I could be getting out of the calendar. I'm a business user, and we recently migrated from Exchange to Office 365. Is it possible with any of these calendars, to see other calendars that are shared to you in the Office 365 environment? I've got 5 account managers that work for me and I can see their calendars in Outlook, but just wondering if any of these calendars support me being able to see them on my phone?

Also, I use Google Calendar for personal things, and really how the stock calendar overlays them and color codes them so I can easily tell which calendar a certain registry is in. I'm guessing these all work that same way?

I think it depends on if your email program supports your calendar. I have msn.com email accounts and when I use the Outlook app, I can sync my calendar and it shows up on a+Calendar, but if I use Cloud Magic for email, my calendar and contacts aren't synced so I always have to have the Outlook app installed, even if I don't use it.
    12-14-2014 03:04 PM
    Thanks bos will look into that
    12-14-2014 03:04 PM
    Will look gnr
    12-14-2014 03:05 PM
    I use the stock S Planner which syncs fine with my Exchange/ActiveSync calendar and since I use Nova as my launcher I use Calendar Widget and I think my set up functions just fine.
    12-14-2014 03:38 PM
    Today Calender does (it might need Nova or another launcher. I haven't checked). If you have Nova Launcher, there are many Nova themes (such as Planus) that have icons that skin Calendar app icons to show the current date.
    12-14-2014 05:19 PM
    Another vote for aCalendar+ from a calendar junkie.... I must have bought or tried them all. Love the flexibility, layout and color schemes.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-14-2014 08:51 PM
    I tried out a lot of different ones. I chose Sol Calendar. I was able to use it right out of the box. And see what I wanted to see without trying to figure out where it was.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.solcalendar
    12-14-2014 09:22 PM
    Another vote for aCalendar+ from a calendar junkie.... I must have bought or tried them all. Love the flexibility, layout and color schemes.

Posted via Android Central App
    Yes - aCalendar+. Their little icon just says a+ which is why I always get it backwards. 😛
    12-14-2014 10:15 PM
    I'm sticking with the stock for now.
    12-15-2014 02:59 AM
    Another vote for the Google Calendar - I prefer the look of this one to the stock calendar, mind you I don't use it that often. I saw a video that shows the stock calendar app changes when the Note 4 gets lollipop so thats something to look out for
    12-15-2014 05:07 AM
60 123