Calendars...What one do you use?

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I hate this stock calendar on my Note! Seems like this could be a lot better. Went to play store to pick one up and there seem to be hundreds. What do you use?

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
What don't you like about the stock calendar?

No holidays (is there a way to turn that on?) I would like to be able to set the days I work different shifts to certain colors...as a reminder. Is there a search for certain things throughout the year like bills or vaction days. Is there a way to export bills into an excel file...that's probably a manual function...but would be Cool. No customization. It's probably all in there I just don't see it.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Jorte makes a pretty popular calendar.

Did you look at Google Calendar?

I've looked at it and jorte in PS. Honestly, that's when I decided to ask y'all Nice folks. I usually pick something out and look at ratings and reviews...but there are So many with good ratings that I came back here to ask.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I use two. I love the way DigiCal looks, so I use that for the main app. And I use Business Calendar Pro for its awesome agenda widget.

cgr1971

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I use Sunrise and love it. It is simple and you can pick all kinds of stuff for it to display such as holidays. It integrates well with other calenders such as exchange, google, yahoo, and icloud. It's also cross platform and will sync across multiple devices. Best of all it's free.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Resizeable Cal Widget---resizeable (doh!).....looks great, very customizable. Syncs with Google Calendar. Ie, it is not a calendar in and of itself, just a widget to display your Google calendar. I like the Agenda view--compact, shows lots of stuff. You can switch to anything you want though, and a tap takes you to the actual Google Calendar too.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
For as many calendars as there are in the Play Store you will receive as many recommendations.

I use a+Calendar and have loved it since the first moment I used it. It's more of a skin over your Google calendar but it makes it 10x more usable.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Because of YOU people I finally got around to getting Business Calendar Pro after years of saying I didn't need it. Yeah, it's pretty much what I've needed for a while.

rdroyer

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I've always been content with the stock calendar app but I might have to look into some of the ones you guys are recommending.