12-16-2014 11:30 PM
60 123
tools
    After switching back to TouchWhiz, I might go back to the stock calendar. The main reason I was looking for something else was I was using Buzz Launcher and they didn't have stock calendar widget support.

I am definitely looking forward to Lollipop.
    12-15-2014 05:54 PM
    I like the new look of the Google Calendar but not the functionality. If you ever had a Palm, you'd understand how bad GCal is, though it is much improved and *extremely* better than the iOS calendar.
    12-15-2014 07:19 PM
    I like the new look of the Google Calendar but not the functionality. If you ever had a Palm, you'd understand how bad GCal is, though it is much improved and *extremely* better than the iOS calendar.
    I could see this for a power user... but, for someone who uses their phone calendar simply to remind them of dental appointments and bill due dates, Google Calendar works flawlessly.
    12-16-2014 06:40 AM
    My vote goes for Pocket Informant. Lots of features, highly customizable, regular updates, I have used it for years.
    12-16-2014 07:12 AM
    I could see this for a power user... but, for someone who uses their phone calendar simply to remind them of dental appointments and bill due dates, Google Calendar works flawlessly.
    I wouldn't say flawlessly. My default calendar no longer is an option to place appts on (the one that is your email address) - it just doesn't show in the list, and if you have more than one calendar, you still can't change the event to a different calendar after the event has been set nor can you set a default calendar - I'd say that's far from flawless.
    12-16-2014 07:40 AM
    My vote goes for Pocket Informant. Lots of features, highly customizable, regular updates, I have used it for years.
    I used PI on iOS and when I moved to Android, everyone complained about how inferior the Android version was so I didn't even bother. It was because of PI though that I had a Google calendar at all because that's how I backed up PI. I loved it on iOS and had planned to continue using it but the reviews were not favorable.
    12-16-2014 07:46 AM
    I wouldn't say flawlessly. My default calendar no longer is an option to place appts on (the one that is your email address) - it just doesn't show in the list, and if you have more than one calendar, you still can't change the event to a different calendar after the event has been set nor can you set a default calendar - I'd say that's far from flawless.
    I've never heard of that issue with Google's calendar. That's unfortunate for you... glad you found something that works better for you though.
    gnr_2 likes this.
    12-16-2014 06:45 PM
    I've never heard of that issue with Google's calendar. That's unfortunate for you... glad you found something that works better for you though.
    But you are right. If you only have the one calendar, then you wouldn't notice any of these things, unless of course it isn't showing up, then I guess you are just SOL ha ha.
    12-16-2014 08:07 PM
    I like the material design of the Google Calendar, but they took some functionality away (compressing/expanding the hours and displaying all 7 days in the week). I've switched to Today Calendar. Love it!
    12-16-2014 08:38 PM
    I like Google Calendar.
    12-16-2014 11:30 PM
60 123